Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2021, 09:33:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

If you want to keep in touch with all Midnight news, subscribe to our News Forum, then every time a news item is posted you will be notified!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Clarion Quietus (OOC) Part 3  (Read 251330 times)
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2013, 03:29:13 PM »

Nothing mechanically would have caused her to drop it, but dropping things is a free action, so if you want to drop it you can.

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2013, 03:39:12 PM »

Nah, I want it for dramatic effect during the pin (and I also don't care to leave my primary weapon dozens of feet up on an icy slope).

Fates Chagrin
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2013, 04:37:25 AM »

It's dark. So Eirik is going to cast light on a rock.

Originally wrote a really inspired post up about Eirik rushing to help Ivy then remembered that he doesn't have low light or dark vision and couldn't see what was going on.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:51:45 AM by Fates Chagrin » Logged
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2013, 04:01:09 PM »

I thought Ivy was Eirik's light 4eva?  Sad
Fates Chagrin
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2013, 05:34:37 PM »

Whoa, hold on now! Eirik and Ivy shared a moment back at Durgis Rock but isn't that taking it a bit fast... To be fair, Eirik still isn't entirely sure what to make of that situation yet because of everything that's happened since then. But he does count her as a friend and someone he doesn't want to see hurt.
Also, Is that jealousy/disappointment from casting light on a rock, rather than rushing to flail blindly in the dark at her assailant?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:48:48 PM by Fates Chagrin » Logged
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2013, 05:36:02 PM »

It never stopped you before, tiger.
Fates Chagrin
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2013, 05:53:25 PM »

Perhaps it will be something he will have to chide himself over later.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2013, 05:59:49 PM »

Can someone photoshop a yellow cloak onto an Overly Attached Girlfriend picture?
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2013, 04:42:16 AM »

Lol.
Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-0

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2013, 06:00:18 AM »

Nnngh.  Sorry!

My HD died before Christmas.  I'm now back online via an old laptop.  Annoyingly small screen, shrunken keyboard, accidental brushing of the touchpad, etc....

Trying to catch up now.

Ex infernis, spes
Amethyst's Combat Stats
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2013, 11:46:50 AM »

Dunk will draw his urutuks, and if he has the actions throw one at the closest goblin (+7).

Dunkin stats
TwiceBorn
Editor

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2014, 08:43:49 PM »

Kjellan is charging/attacking the fell that Ivy is struggling with, using Woden's axe (+5 to hit, +2 charge = +7).

neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2014, 11:18:25 PM »

We are still grappled, keep in mind.
Fates Chagrin
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2014, 01:19:35 PM »

Prone and grappled... even easier to hit. Hang in there Ivy, the groups got your back.
Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-0

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2014, 08:48:41 AM »

Dodgy net connection, too.  I really want my desktop back in working order... Wink

Since she starts as prone, Amethyst'll accept Siobhan's aid in getting to her feet, and ready weaponry.  The intent is to be able to provide Siobhan with Aid Another assistance (and make it harder for anything to Flank her), moving as required to stay close enough for the purpose, since Amethyst really isn't much use in combat herself.

Is it possible for her to stand up, and ready her looted shield and a weapon at the same time?  Or just two of those three things?

Edit: I've now belatedly remembered to try to do an equipment update, and have a few queries:

1) Should I be tracking food, at all?  I've got 5 days of trail rations in my pack, at present.
2) Should I worry about the weight of clothes, etc?  I'm tracking them at the moment, but I'm  not sure if elven gear should be lighter / heavier, if you're kind enough to rule that worn clothing doesn't contribute to encumbrance, etc.
3) What're the stats for shields in your system?  I've confirmed that a shield will provide its AC as a bonus, and also provides DR to protected areas... but on a quick search I haven't turned up what the DR for various shields might be.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:44:41 AM by Exile » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2014, 12:56:13 PM »

You can draw with each hand as a single move action, or as part of another move action if you have a +1 or higher BaB. So, Amethyst can draw while standing, all as one move action, and then use her Standard to Aid Another.

1) Don't worry about it at this time. There may be times where the danger of starvation becomes part of the story. Until then, I assume you all have enough to get from point to point.
2) If you aren't carrying much, don't worry about it. The bean counting isn't the fun part. You know how strong your character is. Keep it within reason.
3) I thought I posted that somewhere. Hmm. Let me get back to you. The basic idea is that they grant their normal AC bonus (active defense), and their Hardness as DR to that limb (passive defense). Shields combine very nicely with the Favoring rules (reflecting how shields are actually used).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:58:23 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2014, 03:07:50 PM »

There's a few folks who haven't hiked in yet. I plan on updating tomorrow night. Anyone who hasn't posted an action by then will be considered Surprised still.
Fates Chagrin
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2014, 05:12:13 PM »

Hmm, seems a bit harsh. It's not like they were sleeping or have absolutely no idea what's happening, maybe just having them go full Defensive until they have a clear idea on what to do instead?
Doomed Hero

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2014, 08:06:29 PM »

In later rounds, maybe. This is effectively round 1, and most everyone is blind and being rushed by fell. I think being startled is a pretty reasonable reaction.

I know the game moves at a stuttering pace sometimes, but it's important to me that I have everyone's attention enough that combat kicks off, I don't have to wait a week or more for a response. That isn't fair to anyone. I just can't afford to move as fast as the slowest person. If something is talking someone away from the game for an extended period, that's fine, but I need to be told when it happens.
TwiceBorn
Editor

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2014, 08:29:24 PM »

DH,

Has everyone replied to your request to send in 3 favourite moments from part 2 of the adventure/campaign? Just wondering...
Doomed Hero

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2014, 11:37:44 PM »

All but one. That project fell by the wayside because of the holidays. I'm going to try to get to it this week.
Ghostfall
Lightbearer

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2014, 01:11:15 AM »

Sorry, was waiting to see if you were going to plop us into initiative and I lost track of things

Grouping up seems like the smart play in this situation. Mandag will also move to Ivy and attack the fell she's grappling with, charging it if possible. Unless Kjellan killed it, then I suppose he'll just move to where they are and ready an attack for the first fell that steps in front of him.

I'll write up the IC as soon as I know which one I'm doing?

Doomed Hero

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2014, 01:14:11 AM »

Kjellan was not able to kill it.
Ghostfall
Lightbearer

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2014, 01:20:54 AM »

alrighty, then that's +6 to attack, +8 if I can get the charge.

I've also got a +6 to acro if it is helpful, necessary for the charge.

Sholano
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2014, 01:32:44 PM »

My bad, guys, I got super busy for a while and fell out of the habit of checking in. Let's see what we can do about our little undead problem. If Mandag didn't finish off the one messing with Ivy, then Dorin's on it - otherwise, he's just gonna put himself between the Fell and as many of the party as he can manage, and ready an action to smash the first one that steps up. Either way, rage time.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:36:20 PM by Sholano » Logged

"You want me to what?! ... Gimme a minute."
Dorin's combat data | Dorin's character sheet
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Clarion Quietus (OOC) Part 3
Jump to: