Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2021, 12:37:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Our site is made by the fans for the fans. Support the Midnight community and register yourself today.
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  General  |  Meta  |  Topic: AtS "Team"
Pages: [1]
Reply Send this topic Print
Author Topic: AtS "Team"  (Read 6945 times)
Nifelhein
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +22/-0

Whisper's Will

« on: February 04, 2009, 12:48:43 PM »

Guys and grils,

It has been a while since I wanted to have a revamp on who is in charge of what on the site, right now it is basically me and while I was away Kane had trouble having something posted on the site, he managed to get a hold of Dirigible for that but as it seems even Dirigible is not very frequently found here we do need people who are around to help make things happen.

We need people willing to take responsability for running the site (not alone of course), moderators for the forums, editors for the downloads and site sections uploads. As a result I would like to know if anyone would want to step forward and help on those tasks.

Cheers,

Raoni.

"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects."
 - Attributed to Herman Melville.
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 02:23:17 PM »

I'm certainly around enough, and I'm willing.

I'm a good editor, and I read everything that comes up, so I could moderate pretty easily.

I'm just not sure about the mechanics behind uploading things to the main site. How's that work?

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
arnon

Spell Energy / Taint +8/-4

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 03:00:14 PM »

Hi Nif,

As i've already told you, i'm willing to help. I'm here pretty much daily and read almost (if not all) posts so i could act as moderator. Don't know how good an editor i'll be though...
Sholano
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 03:42:10 PM »

I'd be glad to help, if I'm qualified - but then, I've only been active 'round here for a few months, so I'm not especially sure on my score there. On the other hand, I check everything at least once basically every day and I've read through most of the site, so there's that. Also, I'm a slightly obsessive person about spelling, but I don't know if that hurts or helps.

I'd need a quick walkthrough on actual mechanics if that was necessary, but I understand basic code and whatnot, so I'd be a quick study.

Anyway, I'm willing, if you need me.

"You want me to what?! ... Gimme a minute."
Dorin's combat data | Dorin's character sheet
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 05:20:51 PM »

Hey Nif,

I'm happy to be a moderator...put me where you need me.  I'd be happy to do Games & Stories.

Joe

Dunkin stats
Dain
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +18/-2

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 06:26:16 PM »

Hi Nif,
As you already know, my english is not good enough to be a relevant moderator but if you need somebody who can acts behind the scene, like dealing with the settings, sections and uploads, i will be more than happy to help. I've been running an SMF forum for a couple of years now and i shouldn't have any trouble with AtS.
Just let me know.
Mister_Bruce
Heepa-Heepa

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 04:01:42 AM »

Oo.... I'd love to help. Pick me! Pick me!

I'm on the site most days even though I'm still relatively new to these forums. My Midnight campaign is certainly carrying on into 2009 so I'll be here pretty frequently.

Cheers,

Bruce
kimco
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 11:30:11 AM »

I'm usually around, especially during the week day. Probably more qualified people offering their services, all I have is that I'm a qualified man-whore.
Nifelhein
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +22/-0

Whisper's Will

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 06:41:42 AM »

Thanks for coming up people and to clear something up, the idea I have in mind right now is to define at least 2 general board moderators (for all ats forums) and 2 editors would be great as I never approved the entirety of the old site reposts on the articles section (as it did fall to me to do them all it was and is a big effort).

No coding required other than being able to know how to use Word/OpenOffice, be polite and helpful. Wink

And to the new people, don't concern yourself with the "score" I have this post count because I did a lot of work here meaning I know many people and even after I stopped posting I was still reading threads here and there. mrgreen
Pages: [1]
Reply Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  General  |  Meta  |  Topic: AtS "Team"
Jump to:  

+ Quick Reply
With a Quick-Reply you can use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post, but much more conveniently.