Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2022, 06:14:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

You can enable or disable the quick reply box in your profile, be sure to change the settings to suit your own preferences.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Paragon classes in MN  (Read 36884 times)
Dirigible
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +13/-5

Oh, the humanity!

« on: April 26, 2007, 08:29:54 PM »

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/racialParagonClasses.htm

Do you think that these classes, or modified versions of them remade to suit the abilities, descriptions and roles of the races of Eredane, would be beneficial in MIDNIGHT? Witht he decline of the cultures of the free peoples, I could imagine some of the heroes rising and pursuing the very definition of their traditions and natural gifts, becoming living archetypes for others of their race.

Or I suppose they could even become paths; the Pureblood is essentially a Paragon Erenlander, after all.
Nifelhein
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +22/-0

Whisper's Will

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:32:31 PM »

I think it would be great, but I am too lazy to do the work myself, and now, I won't even get any use out of it anyway. But there has been more than one thread thinking about ways of doing this before, as you may remember. Wink

"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects."
 - Attributed to Herman Melville.
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:32:01 PM »

I'm resurrecting this thread to ask if anything ever came of it.

I've never liked the "Paragon Paths" (Pureblood, Northborn) but I do like the Racial Paragon classes.

I'm willing to do it, if it hasn't already been done.

What do you think?

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
Heepa-Heepa

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 07:58:20 PM »

Hey Doomed Hero,

What don't you like about the 'Paragon Paths' from the corebooks and what do you like about the Racial Paragon classes, presented in the new version of Unearthed Arcana? 

Steve G.
http://avatarart.com/

"If your DM has to decide between killing off the character that is just a stat sheet or the character with a kick-ass portrait, who do you think is going to bite it?"
Doomed Hero

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 12:57:02 AM »

Thanks for asking, Steve. Lets see if I can explain my thinking.

The "Paragon Paths", frankly, seem like a waste of a Path to me. A path is supposed to significantly set someone apart. They are incredibly rare and special. In my game I have an entire meta-plot as to why they exist, and why Pathwalkers are inexorably drawn to each other. The are able to imbue an otherwise normal individual with amazing and powerful powers (almost like comic book super-powers, really) and to have your "power" be "I'm more Dornish than you are" is pretty uninteresting.

The Racial Paragon classes, by comparison, are short. Only 3 levels long, and basically make you better at the stuff that your race is supposed to be good at without taking 20 levels to do it. I like the efficiency, and the flavor, and in terms of Midnight I like the idea of being able to be a paragon of my race without having to sacrifice my Path to do it.

If I have a player wants to play an Heir to the throne of Erenland, full of the blood of heroes and kings, that's an awesome idea. If he also wants to have his character get visions of the past which guide him, even better. I'm not going to tell him, "You have to pick either the Seer or the Pureblood, you can't have both."

With Paragon Classes you can have your cake and eat it too.

So, are there any Paragon Classes already done up?
arnon

Spell Energy / Taint +8/-4

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 01:21:03 AM »

I have no problem with the "Paragon path"... in fact, I never so them as being "more X thatn you". A dorn with Northblooded isn't more dornish, he/she just has a stonger connection to the land/area (and being a dorn isn't a prereq. for taking the path), As for the Pureblood... if a player wanted to play some long-lost heir (not that i'd let him/her decide that) I will certainly not force them to take Pureblood, but if the player will take that Path, the player migh find that he has some important lineage...

Neve let rules impede the story. Smiley

So, are there any Paragon Classes already done up?

Nope...
Doomed Hero

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 03:47:42 AM »

Lets get started then.

Critique away!

Orc Paragon

Prerequisites: Must be an Orc, or have Orc blood.

Orc Paragons have d12 Hit Dice

Orc Paragons use the Fighter Base Attack progression

Orc Paragons have Good Fortitude Save Progression

Orc Paragons gain 2+int Skills per level. Climb, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge- Shadow, Profession- Soldier, and Speak Language are class skills for an Orc Paragon.

1st:  Fae Slayer, Polyglot
2nd: +2 Str, Winter Born,
3rd: Shadow's Chosen

Fae Slayer: At first level an Orcish Paragon gains the ability to cause greater harm than normal with each successful attack against a Fae creature. An Orc Paragon gains a bonus to damage equal to his Orc Paragon level whenever he hits a Dwarf, Elf, Gnome or Halfling in melee combat.

Polyglot: Orcs are well known for their ability to learn new tounges. An Orcish Paragon exemplifies this trate. At every new level of Orc Paragon, a character gains fluency in one spoken language. New languages must be familiar to the Orc. (I.E. They must have been heard before.)

Winter Born: At 2nd level an Orcish Paragon becomes immune to all non-magical cold.

Shadow's Chosen: At 3rd level an Orc Paragon is easily recognized as a prime example of their race. When dealing with other Orcs, the Orc Paragon gains a +4 bonus to Charisma checks. This bonus raises to +8 when interacting with members of the opposite sex. If the Orc Paragon is Male, they will most likely be chosen as a breeder by the first Mother-Wife that notices them.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 06:27:18 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 03:48:59 AM »

Erunsil Paragon

Prerequisites: Must be a Snow Elf.

Erunsil Paragons have d10 Hit Dice.

Erunsil Paragons use the Fighter's Base Attack progression

Erunsil Paragons have Good Reflex save progression.

Erunsin Paragons gain 4+int Skill points per level. Balance, Climb, Craft, Hide, Jump, Knowledge- Local, Knowledge- Nature, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Survival, and Tumble are class skills of an Erunsil Paragon.

1st: Dance of Knives, Heart of Winter, Art of Magic
2nd: +2 Dexterity, Snow Walker
3rd: Ambusher, Icewood Bond

Dance of Knives: At 1st level the Erunsil Paragon gains a +1 bonus to attack and damage with Snow Elf fighting knives.

Heart of Winter: At 1st level, the Erunsil Paragon becomes immune to non-magical cold.

Art of Magic: Erunsil Paragon levels stack with Channeler levels for determining the highest level spells they can cast. In addition,  at each level of this class an Erunsil Paragon receives one additional point of Spell Energy.

Snow Walker: While in snowy conditions, the Erunsil Paragon gains the benefits of a Pass Without Trace spell. In addition, they never suffer movement or attack penalties as a result of rough terrain caused by snow or ice.

Ambusher: At third level, any time an Erunsil Paragon can strike a foe before the foe is are aware of their presence, their strike is automatically a critical threat.

Icewood Bond: When using an Icewood Bow, the Erunsil Paragon is able to triple their strength modifier when determaning damage, up to a maximum of +9 damage.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 06:29:26 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 03:52:01 AM »

Gnome Paragon

Prerequisites: Must be a Gnome of have Gnome blood

Gnome Paragons have d8 Hit Dice

Gnome Paragons use the Rogue base attack bonus.

Gnome Paragons have Good save progressions in Reflex and Will.

Gnome Paragons gain 8+int skill points per level. Appraise, Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Diplomacy, Forgery, Gather Information, Knowledge- Shadow, Listen, Perform, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Slight of Hand, Speak Language, Spot, Swim, Tumble and Use Rope are class skills for a Gnome Paragon.

1st:  Skill Mastery- Balance, Quick Balance, Roguish Heart
2nd: +2 Charisma, Skill Mastery- Swim, Wanderer
3rd: Skill Mastery- Climb, Quick Climb, Catch 'em Snoozin'

Skill Mastery- Balance: At 1st level the Gnomish Paragon gains the ability to always be able to take 10 on Balance checks, even under stressful conditions.

Quick Balance: Years of growing up on the shifting floors of watercraft has ingrained the Gnomish Paragon with quick feet. At first Level the Gnomish Paragon no longer incurs movement penalties while balancing.

Roguish Heart: Gnome Paragon levels stack with Rogue levels for determining sneak attack damage.

Skill Mastery- Swim: At 2nd level, the Gnome Paragon gains the ability to take 10 on Swim all checks, even under stressful conditions.

Wanderer: At 2nd level the Gnome Paragon becomes familiar with an area much faster than other characters. A Gnome with this ability gains "phantom" ranks in Knowledge: Local of wherever they happen to be, at a rate of one per day, up to ranks equal to thier character level. Example: Toli the Gnomish Paragon is 10th level. He travels to the Kaladruns. At a rate of one point per day, to a maximum of 10 ranks, he gains Knowledge- Local (Kaladrun Mountains). When no longer in the Kaladrun mountains, he loses ranks gained from this ability at a rate of one per day.

Skill Mastery- Climb: At 3rd level the Gnomish paragon gains the ability to take 10 on all climb checks, even under stressful conditions.

Quick Climb: Years climbing ropes and masts on rocking ships have made the Gnomish Paragon a fast and graceful climber. At 3rd level, the Gnome Paragon no longer suffers movement penalties while climbing.

Catch 'em Snoozin: Any time a Rogue Paragon hits an enemy before they have had a chance to act in combat, the enemy must make a Fort Save with a DC equal to the damage dealt, or be Stunned for one round. This ability is only usable once per encounter.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 06:29:46 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 03:52:29 AM »

This one's not done. I still need another 1st level ability. Any ideas?

Dorn Paragon

Prerequisites: Must be a Dorn.

Dorn Paragons use d12 Hit Dice

Dorn Paragons use the Fighter's Base Attack progression

Dorn Paragons have Good Fortitude saves

Dorn Paragons gain 4+int skill points per level. Climb, Craft, Jump, Listen, Ride, Spot, and Survival are class skills for the Dorn Paragon.

1st: Honor's Chosen,
2nd: +2 Strength, bonus Feat
3rd: Heavy Hitter

Honor's Chosen: At 1st level, the Dorn Paragon becomes aware that he is destined for greatness. Other Dorns also recognise this trait instinctively. When interacting with other Dorns, the Paragon gains a +4 bonus to Charisma checks. When fighting with 4 or more other Dorns, his Dornish allies gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage if they are within 50 feet and can see the Paragon. If the Paragon should ever gain the Leadership feat, this ability raises Leadership score by 4.

Heavy Hitter: When attacking with a 2 handed weapon a Dorn Paragon doubles his strength bonus for the purposes of determining damage.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 06:31:57 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 04:04:02 AM »

More to come
arnon

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 04:12:19 AM »

The Orc and Erunsil seem a bit too powerful to me (though i have been know to cimpletly be off on "balance" regards).

Orc:
I don't like the Polyglot ability. Fluency in all languages is too much. A number of skill points specificaly for language learning would be more appropriate i believe...

I also have a problem with Shadow's Chosen. Seems too much, especially if you consider the Fae Slayerability is an escalting ability... i think either remove it or just leave the bonus to Charisma based skills with other orcs.

Erunsil:
I like the idea of Ambusher , but an automatic crit threat seems too much... maybe just double or triple the threat range, while still requiring a throw?

Gnome:
I think this one needs some more "charisma" related stuff, but i don't know what.
I like the Wandered ability.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 04:27:44 AM »

The Orc and Erunsil seem a bit too powerful to me (though i have been know to cimpletly be off on "balance" regards).

I tend not to worry about balance too much. It's a little to arbitrary for my tastes. I realize I'm not in the norm with that, so I'll try to reign myself in.

Orc:
I don't like the Polyglot ability. Fluency in all languages is too much. A number of skill points specificaly for language learning would be more appropriate i believe...

With how the Midnight languages synergise, a few carefully placed skill points can give a character with a decent intelligence fluency in just about everything. Handing 4 or so skill points out would basically be like the Polyglot ability. I figured I'd just make it easier. Does it really seem too much?

I also have a problem with Shadow's Chosen. Seems too much, especially if you consider the Fae Slayerability is an escalting ability... i think either remove it or just leave the bonus to Charisma based skills with other orcs.

Noted and Modified. What do you think about this ability giving them a bonus that applies to other orcs, kind of like the Dorn Paragon ability?

Erunsil:
I like the idea of Ambusher , but an automatic crit threat seems too much... maybe just double or triple the threat range, while still requiring a throw?
I don't see it as being any more powerful than the Wildlander's Hunter's Strike. Keep in mind the ability states "when the enemy is unaware of the character's presence." Chances are, after the first guy sprouts an arrow or a knife, any others are going to be plenty aware that someone's in their base killin' their doods. I doubt this would come into play more than once per combat.

Gnome:
I think this one needs some more "charisma" related stuff, but i don't know what.
Yeah, my exact thoughts. It seems weak, but I don't have any inspiration. Anyone?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 04:32:20 AM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 04:30:25 AM »

This one seems appropriate, but a little boring. Any thoughts on how to spice it up?

Erenlander Paragon

Prerequisites: Must be an Erenlander.

Erenlander Paragons have d10 Hit Dice

Erenlander Paragons use the Fighter's Base Attack progression

Erenlander Paragons have Good progression in two saves of their choice.

Erenlander Paragons gain 4+int skill points per level. Each level Erenlander Paragons may choose any 10 skills as class skills.

1st: Bonus Feat, Art of Magic
2nd: +2 to any attribute.
3rd: Bonus Feat

Art of Magic: Erenlander Paragon levels stack with Channeler levels for determining the highest level spells they can cast. In addition,  at each level of this class an Erenlander Paragon receives one additional point of Spell Energy.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 01:50:52 AM by Doomed Hero » Logged
arnon

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 04:33:31 AM »

With how the Midnight languages synergise, a few carefully placed skill points can give a character with a decent intelligence fluency in just about everything. Handing 4 or so skill points out would basically be like the Polyglot ability. I figured I'd just make it easier. Does it really seem too much?

I don't have my books at hand (am at work), but I remember correctly, not that many languages synergise, and non will give you fluency in an languge... yes, I guess i think it's too much.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 05:05:29 AM »

I'm going to leave it up for a while and see what the rest of the board thinks, but i'll probably change it. Thanks for the feedback, by the way.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 05:06:30 AM »

Sarcosan Paragon

Prerequisites: Must be an Sarcosan.

Sarcosan Paragons have d8 Hit Dice

Sarcosan Paragons use the Fighter's Base Attack progression.

Sarcosan Paragons have Good progression in Reflex saves.

Sarcosan Paragons have 4+int skills per level. Bluff, Craft, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Knowledge- Local, Perform, Profession, Ride, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival are class skills for a Sarcosan Paragon.

1st: Skill Mastery- Ride, Knack for Intrigue
2nd: Powerful Lancer, Parting Shot
3rd: Horse Archer, Unhorse

Skill Mastery- Ride: A Sarcosan Paragon may take 10 on all ride checks, even under stressful conditions.

Knack for Intrigue: At 1st level a Sarcosan Paragon gains a bonus equal to their Sarcosan Paragon class level on all Bluff, Diplomacy, Sense Motive and Intimidate checks.

Powerful Lancer: At 2nd level a Sarcosan Paragon may use their horse's Strength modifier for determining damage while using a lance to Charge from horseback.

Parting Shot: While making a Withdraw action from horseback, a Sarcosan Paragon my choose to take a single ranged attack against the target they are Withdrawing from at any point during their movement. This is a Swift action.

Horse Archer: A Sarcosan Paragon does not suffer the penalties normally incurred while using a ranged weapon while mounted.

Unhorse: If a Sarcosan Paragon successfully hits a mounted opponent while charging, the opponent must make a Ride check at a DC equal to the damage dealt. If they should fail the ride check, the attack is treated as a successful bull rush, moving their enemy, but not the enemy's mount. (margin of success is equal to the amount they failed the Ride check by.) The enemy then falls to the ground, and must make a Reflex save against the damage dealt or fall prone.
Example: Sahar, the Sarcosan Paragon charges a mounted Legate with a lance, using the ride-by-attack feat, and doing 26 points of damage. The legate is forced to make a DC26 Ride check. He rolls a total of 16, and finds himself lifted out of the saddle by the force of the impact, and carried 15 feet by the passing Sarcosan's lance. (5 feet, +1 per point he failed the check by, as per the Bull Rush rules) The Legate is then forced to make a DC 26 reflex save (which he also fails) and suddenly finds himself face down in the mud, 15 feet from his horse.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 01:51:24 AM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 05:07:50 AM »

I just realized I didn't put down skills or skill points on any of these classes! Doh! It'll have to wait until tomorrow, though. I'm going to bed.
vanderhagast
Disembodied Spirits

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 10:40:49 AM »

Hello everyone, vanderhagast(Vandy)'s back, and with a vengeance.

I was away from MNight over a year and seeing all the changes made me just buy all the books, AGAIN!

Let's see how my new group fares against my very well known and devised creatures, traps and unusual encounters.
 Too bad I cannot find any of my contributions to the old site online, hopw they weren't blasted into oblivion!!

Anyways, as my first contribution this time:

I think the Gnome Racial Class could, instead of more Charisma related stuff maybe incluse a sneak attack. They are adept at hiding stuff from prying eyes, so by the same token they could either get bonuses to stealth, disguise, or a sneak attack.

Hi Dir, Nif, Bleako, Smeagol!!
Doomed Hero

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 02:51:53 PM »

Just updated the skills, which made Erenlanders less boring. Added Roguish Heart and Catch 'em Snoozin' to the Gnomish Paragon. (thanks to Vanderhagast for the idea.)

Any thoughts?
Doomed Hero

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2007, 03:35:13 PM »

Here's the rest.

Halfling Paragon

Prerequisites: Must be a Halfling or possess halfling blood.

Halfling Paragons have d8 Hit Dice.

Halfling Paragons use the Fighter's Base Attack progression

Halfling Paragons have Good Reflex and Will Saves

Halfling Paragons gain 4+int Skill Points per level. Balance, Craft, Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge: Local, Listen, Move Silently, Ride, Spot, Survival, and Tumble are class skills for a Halfling Paragon.

1st: Vanish in the Grass, Art of Magic
2nd: +2 Dexterity, Low Blow
3rd: Small Target, Fearless

Vanish in the Grass: While in areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, Halfling Paragons gain the ability to Hide in Plain Sight. This ability extends to their Wogren (if they have one)

Art of Magic: Halfling Paragon levels stack with Channeler levels for determining the highest level spells they can cast. In addition,  at each level of this class a Halfling Paragon receives one additional point of Spell Energy.

Low Blow: Any time a Halfling Paragon does damage with a Critical Hit, their target must make a Fortitude save or be Sickened for 1d4 rounds. This ability may only be used against creatures with basic Humanoid shape.

Small Target: Halfling Paragons gain a +2 dodge bonus to their AC. Any effect or condition which denies them their Dex bonus to AC also denies this ability.

Fearless: Halfling Paragons become immune to Fear effects.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 01:51:53 AM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »

Dwarf Paragon

Prerequisites: Must be a Dwarf.

Dwarf Paragons Have d12 Hit Dice

Dwarf Paragons use the Fighter's Base Attack progression

Dwarf Paragons have Good progression in Fortitude Saves.

Dwarf Paragons receive 4+Int Skill Points per level. Appraise, Climb, Craft, Knowledge: Dungeoneering, Knowledge: Shadow, Knowledge: Local (Kaladruns), Search

1st: Like a Rock, Dwarvencraft
2nd: +2 to Con, Outlast
3rd: Orc Bane

Like a Rock: A Dwarf Paragon gains Damage Reduction equal to their Dwarf Paragon class level.

Dwarvencraft: A Dwarf Paragon gains a knack for the cultural crafts of his people. If the Dwarf Paragon has skill ranks in Craft: Blacksmithing, Craft: Weaponsmithing, Craft Armorsmithing, Craft: Masonry, or Profession: Miner, this skill gets replaced with a Skill called Dwarvencraft. Dwarvencraft may be used in place of any check required for those skills. In addition, when a Dwarven Paragon is working with (or studying) metal or stone, Dwarfcraft also may be used in place of the Knowledge: Engineering and Appraise skills.

Outlast: The duration between any check brought on by fatigue, exhaustion, starvation, exposure to the elements, drowning, or travel is doubled.

Orc Bane: Any melee attack against an Orc by a Dwarf Paragon gains the Bane enchantment.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 06:19:12 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 03:38:31 PM »

Caransil Paragon

Prerequisites: Must be a Wood Elf.

Caransil Paragon have d8 Hit Dice.

Caransil Paragons use the Fighter's Base Attack progression

Caransil Paragons have Good progression in Reflex Saves.

Caransil Paragons gain 4+Int Skill Points per level. Balance, Craft, Handle Animal, Heal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge: Local, Listen, Spot, and Tumble are class skills for the Caransil Paragon.

1st: Art of Magic, Sword Dancer OR Battle Caster
2nd: +2 to Dex. Whisper Guided
3rd: Will of the Queen, Caster's Gamble OR Master of Blades

Art of Magic: Danisil Paragon levels stack with Channeler levels for determining the highest level spells they can cast. In addition,  at each level of this class an Danisil Paragon receives one additional point of Spell Energy.

Sword Dancer: While using a Longsword and a Shortsword, a Caransil Paragon suffers only half the normal penalties for two-weapon fighting. In addition, when fighting with a Longsword and a Shortsword, a Caransil Paragon recieves a +1 Shield bonus to their AC.

Battle Caster: A Caransil Paragon no longer provokes Attacks of Opportunity by casting spells in melee

Whisper Guided: While within range of the Whisper a Caransil Paragon cannot be flanked.

Will of the Queen: If a Caransil Paragon fails a Will save against an Enchantment or Mind-Effecting spell or ability, the Caransil Paragon may continue to make a saving throw against the effect every round until the save is successful.

Caster's Gamble: Any time a Caransil Paragon casts a spell they may choose to make a Spellcraft check to attempt to reduce it's Spell Energy cost. The DC is equal to 20+ the spell level. Success means that the spell energy is reduced by one. Failure means that the Spell Energy is increased by one.

Master of Blades: If a Caransil Paragon has a Feat which is specific to either the longsword or the shortsword (such as weapon focus: longsword) They are treated as having that feat with both weapons. This ability only applies when using a longsword in one hand and a shortsword in the other.

Danisil Paragon

Prerequisites: Must be a Jungle Elf.

Danisil Paragons have D8 Hit Dice

Danisil Paragons use the Fighter's Base Attack progression

Danisil Paragons have Good progression in Reflex and Will saves.

Danisil Paragons gain 4+Int Skill Points per level. Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Heal, Hide, Jump, Listen, Knowledge: Demons, Knowledge: Local (Aruun Jungle), Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Survival, Swim and Tumble are class skills for a Danisil Paragon.

1st: Poison Use, Through the Trees,  Art of Magic
2nd: +2 Dex. Way of the Sepi
3rd: Demonslayer

Poison Use: Danisil Paragons never risk poisoning themselves when creating or employing toxins.

Through the Trees: As long as there are trees, vines, or other appropriate hand-holds, a Danisil Paragon may move above the ground without taking any movement penalties. The Danisil Paragon must have at least one empty hand to use this ability.

Art of Magic: Danisil Paragon levels stack with Channeler levels for determining the highest level spells they can cast. In addition,  at each level of this class an Danisil Paragon receives one additional point of Spell Energy.

Way of the Sepi: A Danisil Paragon recieves a +1 bonus to Attack and Damage while fighting with two Sepi fighting knives.

Demon Slayer: Any melee attack made by a Danisil Paragon gains the Outsider Bane ability. In addition, Danisil Paragons gain a +2 bonus to Saves against special abilities or spells used by Outsiders.

Miransil Paragon

Prerequisites: Must be a Sea Elf.

Miransil Paragons have D8 Hit Dice.

Miransil Paragons use the Fighter's Base Attack progression

Miransil Paragons have Good progression in Reflex Saves.

Miransil Paragons gain 4+Int Skill Points per level. Balance, Climb, Craft, Jump, Knowledge: Local (Miraleen) Listen, Profession: Sailor, Spot, Swim, Tumble and Use Rope are class skills for a Miransil Paragon

1st: Powerful Swimmer, Art of Magic
2nd: +2 to Dex, Rigging Rat
3rd: Skill Mastery- Balance, Ebb and Flow

Powerful Swimmer: A Miransil Paragon's Swim speed increases to 3/4 their base speed.

Art of Magic: Miransil Paragon levels stack with Channeler levels for determining the highest level spells they can cast. In addition,  at each level of this class an Miransil Paragon receives one additional point of Spell Energy.

Rigging Rat: By using rope systems and acrobatic skill, a Miransil Paragon may move above the ground at their base land speed. Use of this ability requires a DC15 climb check and assumes that there are appropriate things to be swung on.

Skill Mastery- Balance: A Miransil Paragon may always choose to take 10 on balance checks even while distracted or endangered.

Ebb and Flow: A Miransil Paragon is used to shifting their balance and rolling with changes in their surroundings. This constant movement makes Miransil Paragons capable of rolling with potential dangers to lessen or completely negate their effects.  Miransil Paragon make Tumble checks to avoid the following dangers and attacks.
   A Miransil Paragon may make a Tumble Check in response to being attacked by an opponent using the Power Attack feat. It the Tumble check result beats their opponent's attack roll, any bonus damage from the power attack feat is negated.
   If a Miransil Paragon is Charged, they may make a DC 20 Tumble check to negate their enemies bonus to hit from charging (the opponent's AC penalty from charging remains)
   If a Miransil Paragon is Bull Rushed, they may make a Tumble check (DC equal to their opponent's attack roll.) If successful, the Miransil Paragon remains in their square, but their opponent moves as if the Bull Rush was successful (often past the Miransil Paragon altogether)
       Once per movement, a Miransil Paragon may make a Tumble check to avoid up to 20 feet of Hazardous terrain without taking movement penalties.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 01:54:21 AM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 03:42:09 PM »

I didn't do the Elfling, Dwarrow or Dwarg, because according to the rules as written, they qualify to take the Paragon classes of both thier parent races.

If you guys feel they should have their own Paragons, I could rewrite the prerequisites and come up with something.

Critique away!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 03:48:52 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged
arnon

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2007, 10:50:23 AM »

I like what you've done Doomed, but i still think that they are a bit on the powerful side... most, but not all. One of the problems I have with them is that they gain too much.

Let's see now...

Orc:
I think he should recieve just one +2 STR bonus, and
Reduce the Polyglot from all know languages so something else (already discused).. either give him some skill points to spread around, or perhaps fluency in two languages with DM approval. that way, he won't be able to take Hungle Mouth and Courtier even though he never been to the south.

Erunsil: Art of Magic should be removed, it's not even a favored class for them. And they are more warriors than channelers anyway...
Remove one special ability... not sure which. Either Ambusher or Snow Walker would be my choice cause i like Icewood Bond.

Gnome: Way too much stuff... Remove all the the Skill Mastery - X, from the class list; they still get plenty of cool stuff.
Roguish Heart i don't understand. Do they get 1d6 sneak attack?

Sarcosan: A bit problematic as there are both Urban and Plains sarcosans... and appart from Knack for Intrigue, everything there is horse related.

Halfling: I don't think Fearless fits nicely with Midnight Halfling. Nothing in the books indicate that, only that they are hardy (i think). Just dropping it will be fine I think, no need to replace it with anything.

Caransil: Way too much stuff over here... Make player choose between Sword Dancer and Battle Caster, and also I think Battle Caster is too much, perhaps give a bonus to concentration (+5 maybe?)
Whisper Guided is something like the ability a Whisper Adepts gains at level 4. Perhaps, instead, give elves a +2 to their wisdom check to hear the whisper.
I'd remove Caster's Gambit as not all caransil will be casters so why should they gain it. That, or perhaps make the player choose between the two 3rd level abilities.

Danisil: I don't like Through the Trees too much. I'll just take it out...

Miransil: I'd remove Crash like the Waves (these guys arren't really warriors...) and Skill Master (just because it's too much)

Like I said, I like what you posted... i jus think most of them are too much. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Open Discussion (Moderators: Bleak Knight, Glacialis)  |  Topic: Paragon classes in MN
Jump to: