Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 03, 2020, 11:17:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

If you are unsure how a given part of the site will work, try using the help page, it can help you use codes and navigate the site.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: PbP Interest?  (Read 44410 times)
Nifelhein
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +22/-0

Whisper's Will

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2007, 06:41:31 AM »

Made a news item for the Pbp slot, hope it helps, you are still given the power to ask me to delete it though. Wink

"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects."
 - Attributed to Herman Melville.
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2007, 11:46:05 AM »

sweet...we made the front page news.  My mother would be so proud...heh heh

Thanks for putting that up there Nif...Hopefully that will fill us our last slot (though we should be able to run with 3).

Let us know when you've made you character.

Joe

Dunkin stats
BMStroh
Heepa-Heepa

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2007, 08:45:11 AM »

Starting backstory:  You are all fully initiated members of an underground theives guild.  Not open insurgents, but sympathetic.  Character feelings may (and should) vary according to your personality.  Pick your skills well, as this will very much be a cloak-and-dagger game rather than an all-out melee.

No kidding?  I've been looking for this game for years.  Smiley

Let me give this some thought, and I'll PM you shortly.
Bleak Knight
Global Moderator

Spell Energy / Taint +13/-7

AKA Draug

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 06:04:42 PM »

I don't want to play the decendant of an Immortal. If I can't be one, I'll play something else. *sulk*

Can I be a renegade legate? Tongue
Pheros

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2007, 02:39:55 AM »

No no no, you can be one.  We'll let you take it as a PrC next level you get.

Otherwise, you'd have to spend the first X posts as a statue, which might get a bit boring...

Joe
BMStroh
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2007, 06:47:32 AM »

Okay, I may have taken the intrigue vs. melee thing a bit too far, so let me know if this idea looks like it would either be suicidal or a drag on the group.

Urban Sarcosan, (Background Class) Rumormonger 1/Rogue 4, with the Speaker path.  His main focus will be Charisma skills, surprisingly enough.  At 5th level, he's almost ready for Insurgent Spy, which only makes his Charisma skills more useful. 

I figure he'd be the ear to the ground guy, always ferreting out what's going on with both the Shadow forces and the insurgents, hopefully with the contacts and skills to get what he needs.  Not a huge combat guy by a long shot, but an underground operation has got to have guys like this if they want to stay alive.

I was originally going to PM the idea, but I thought it might be useful to post it here instead - PbP can be a lot smoother if the characters aren't all created in isolation.

Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2007, 10:10:53 AM »

I sent this to Pheros yesterday:

my character concept (mechanically) is a shadow walker defender focusing on the clever fighting / canny strike / well aimed strike feats, using unarmed strikes for those.

I am considering to make him an insurgent from the city itself, one who learned his ways in the slums and alleys of the city and then uses it to stand against the shadow, I haven't considered much yet because i might just use a cedeku wielding sarcosan instead, rogue class.
BMStroh
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2007, 10:58:10 AM »

I sent this to Pheros yesterday:

my character concept (mechanically) is a shadow walker defender focusing on the clever fighting / canny strike / well aimed strike feats, using unarmed strikes for those.

That's funny, because I had a similar thought.  I was debating rogue or wildlander with unarmed strike, though, instead of defender.  Don't ask me why, though - that line of thought only went on for a couple of minutes.  Smiley
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2007, 11:01:09 AM »

I am probably going for the defender with a high Int myself, possibly even a dwarrrow... Wink
Pheros

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2007, 02:11:32 AM »

Dwarrow defenders get massive bonus cookies.

BMStroh:  I like you idea for a character.  The only caveat would be that we would ask that you create an extensive list of NPCs your character has had contact with, etc etc.  We'll do some fleshing out, but we'd like to be a part of it as well, especially how he knows person X, what kind of information they gave him before, how much he thinks he can trust them, etc.
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2007, 06:19:31 PM »

I am set on dwarrow defender, wanted to make one for sometime, high Int score is a must for me on this. Wink
BMStroh
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2007, 09:02:36 PM »

BMStroh:  I like you idea for a character.  The only caveat would be that we would ask that you create an extensive list of NPCs your character has had contact with, etc etc.  We'll do some fleshing out, but we'd like to be a part of it as well, especially how he knows person X, what kind of information they gave him before, how much he thinks he can trust them, etc.

Sounds excellent.  A character like this does require buy in from the GM side for it to be really worthwhile to play, so I appreciate your interest.

When I start turing ideas into numbers, what's your preferred character creation method? 
Pheros

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2007, 03:19:43 AM »

Nif: Just make sure you don't have a 8 Wisdom like other Defender Dwarrow's I've known...that's a real killer.

BM:  uhhh...I guess I usually play the "roll 4d6, drop one, then assign to attributes" method.  Let's see what method Rick prefers...I'm pretty much impartial.  If you have a favorite method, go ahead and use it.

Joe

BMStroh
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2007, 05:25:27 PM »

BM:  uhhh...I guess I usually play the "roll 4d6, drop one, then assign to attributes" method.  Let's see what method Rick prefers...I'm pretty much impartial.  If you have a favorite method, go ahead and use it.

This might be a good day to do this - in a tabletop game today, my Xd6 rolls were consistently at the top 20% of the bell curve.  Smiley  To bad my d20 rolls made up for it...
Pheros

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2007, 05:44:19 PM »

ha ha...yeah, it always seems to work like that.

I talked with stickyii, and he said the 4d6 method I mentioned works for him, so just go with that.

Joe
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2007, 07:47:51 AM »

Arrange as desired? I will get my character done by tomorrow. I was wondering if you would want to change the canny strike, clever fighting and well aimed strike feat tree, I am thinking on that one (I can only get the first, the next one is on the 6th level, the last on the 9th). There is a thread on that here. I am looking to make this a finesse style defender instead of the brutish type and this is a perfect fit for the theme.
SvenFTW
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2007, 09:52:33 AM »

Is there still a slot open for this game?  I would be very interested in joining.  I've never done a PbP or PbEmail game before, but I have participated in some internet creative writing/roleplay forums and I even posted some stories on this message board a very long time ago, so I think I can get into the swing of things fairly quickly.  I'm familiar with the Midnight world and have run two campaigns of my own.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 10:30:08 AM by SvenFTW » Logged
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2007, 10:28:45 AM »

Welcome back to us then, Sven. Now let the GMs answer you question on the slot open. Wink
Pheros

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2007, 11:59:16 AM »

Hey Sven,

We'd be glad to have you on board.  Just make sure you'll be able to keep up with the posting level we're looking for (which isn't too demanding...once a week or so).  You can check the first post, and the one halfway down the 2nd page for our thoughts on the whole deal.

Welcome aboard.
Joe
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2007, 12:02:40 PM »

Cough cough

And to my questions...
Pheros

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2007, 12:03:44 PM »

Nif: Yeah, arrange as desired.

As for the Canny Strike, I'm willing to go with Bleak's edits on them, if that's what you'd prefer.  I haven't gotten to play test the feats, so if others here on the boards think they'd be better balanced that way, let's go with it.

Joe

EDIT: yeah yeah...I'm getting to it.  Yours required reading (and we posted at the same time)
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2007, 12:20:31 PM »

In act i was one of those thinking they are fine, perhaps with the last one being a bit too much. I am up for playtest it as is, and change as it goes if that is okay with you, i don't mind making things even at all, if that comes up as an issue.
SvenFTW
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »

Sounds good, Pheros, count me in!  I read the guidelines and the posting frequency should be no problem for me.

I think I would like to make an Erenlander Fighter who defected from the ranks of the Shadow's military and took up with the Thieves Guild to remain hidden.  I can probably get a character done and PM'd to you this afternoon sometime.
Pheros

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2007, 09:46:10 PM »

Like I said Nif, I'm impartial, so if you'd like to play test as is, I'm fine with that too.  If you're too strong, we'll just make life harder for you...heh heh...

Sven:  I got your PM.  Looks good...no worries about proving the rolls, I trust you.  Stickyii and I will talk it over, but I don't think we'll have any problem with anything.  We may need to ask you for some backstory on key NPCs (we can make them, but we'd prefer you have a hand in crafting them, as you know how they've influenced your character...)  General outlines are fine.  We'll get back to you with more on that later.

Joe
Bleak Knight
Global Moderator

Spell Energy / Taint +13/-7

AKA Draug

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2007, 11:49:19 PM »

So, can I play an un-petrified dude, or would you rather have something else?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: PbP Interest?
Jump to: