Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2020, 02:54:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Check the links box on the front page, there you will find all Midnight sites we are aware of.
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Heros of the last age  (Read 8863 times)
Castiron
Heepa-Heepa

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« on: September 22, 2014, 07:10:40 PM »

this is a backup (possibly to become the main) forum for the players and DMs from the roll20 site.
Nifelhein
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +22/-0

Whisper's Will

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 04:28:08 AM »

What happened with roll20?

"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects."
 - Attributed to Herman Melville.
Castiron
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:37:45 AM »

I got a ban from it because Nolan is a jackass.

you see some one asked me this
"My wife and daughter are interested in joining. What is your policy regarding harassment?"

My reply was
"i dont know i just run a game here, you would have to ask the roll20 developers about that, or possibly look into the roll20 terms of service."

that jerkoff then closed the thread and banned me. here have a look for yourself
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1187220/hello-ladies#post-1198888
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 04:59:12 AM »

Seems like a to hard look on a much simpler hing imo.
Castiron
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 06:42:55 PM »

their gestapo over there, my guess is their on a power trip and when their bored they randomly pick something to screw with,... idk, idc, im done with them. I don't have time for trolls on a power trip.
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 07:54:05 PM »

If you need a subforum for your game let me know and I can set you up one, just be sure where you want to move first. Wink
Castiron
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 03:31:44 AM »

thanks man ill send you a message if I need it ,.... sadly it looks like no one will be doing the campaign...

that's a shame, it was going to be a multi-party campaign.  a Story driven, ripples in the sandbox kinda thing.
TwiceBorn
Editor

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 11:56:47 PM »

Why not pitch your idea for a (play-by-post?) campaign here, assuming it will be set in Midnight and you are short on players?

You might be able to recruit players from these boards. Just a suggestion...

Castiron
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 03:34:05 PM »

actually I was just thinking about that. idea

this was my idea over on roll 20:

I was going to host a campaign that was a Story driven/sandbox.

1 world with multiple parties (each run by their own DM), the world would have a set of rules each DM would follow (I was going to try to keep the rules to a min), and where possible the DMs would
be given the room they need to have the ability to use different rules in their different parties.

what I mean by that is DM-A might have no problem with flaws, while DM-B hates them and doesn't use them. Thus different parties would be able to have "Different feels" to them.

The parties would then all run about the world creating "ripples in the sandbox" that would or could have an effect upon the other parties in the world.

EXAMPLE: Party-A is running about in the ass-end of no-mans-land. while their there, they end up stirring up a lot of trouble by killing the local Legate of "some town", then high tail it outa there.

mean while: Party-B has been having a go at misbehaving themselves and now needs a place to lay low and recover for awhile. they head out to a remote location and fined a town, the town being in such a remote location is an attractive choice to lay low in. Sadly however its the town Party-A was just in and stirred up the hornets nest in, and unfortunately Party-B didn't realize this until after they got into town.

I was trying to get together about 6 parties (1 DM & 4 players each) to do this. I was going to be a player in the campaign as well as the "OVER DM".

As over DM I would be the one to settle disputes between DMs. as well as pitch the campaign idea.
you see, I don't need DMs to come up with the campaign idea, ive already got that (give or take some fine tuning), I need DMs to run it,.. and add their creativity to the campaign.

One thing I have noticed amongst DMs interested in running a MIDNIGHT campaign is that they want to "Gimp" the hell out of everything as the campaign is low magic. its like they immediately consider the campaign LOW Power.

well its not exclaim yes it low (CHANNELED MAGIC) but the world of Aryth from what ive read is very rich with alternate forms of magic such as elven innate magics.
AND the world is actually (or intended to be) a HIGH POWER campaign. the base characters in MIDNIGHT are actually meant to be A LOT more powerful than base 3.5E characters. And in this world they need to be just to survive.

In the end its all about having fun. different people have different ideas of what that is and that's why I want to try to leave the DM's as much wiggle room as I can within their individual groups as possible, and at the same time have some things in place that are campaign wide to keep everyone in the different parties on an even keel.

I guess I could play a game here though I did like the whiteboard feature of roll20. and the play over voice. I could even be convinced to "run the game" there but I would do all of the recruiting here. that way I would need no interaction with their site to find parties or such.
(ill use them is my thinking there) but they will never get a penny outa me after their BS.

arrow If anyone has an interest in this idea let me know.
TwiceBorn
Editor

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 04:33:23 PM »

Wow, sounds ambitious.

I might be willing to give it a go as a player, but I'm too short on time to volunteer to DM. :-(
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 12:19:26 PM »

Wow, that really is ambitious. But since I'm usually free enough to do so, and I just love the world of Aryth, I think I might like to volunteer as one of your DM's for this game.

Couple of questions though:
What is the overall scale you're looking for in player power base? You mentioned High powered. In my head, High powered= 25 pt. buy. Epic =30 pt buy.

Starting level for the Adventurers? Just beginning or competent?

Are there starting locations you would like to see used specifically? Northern Erenland, West or East Central Erenland, South-West or South-East Southern Erenland, Forest of the Sahi, Southern/Central Kaladruns, Stormhold, The Ardune, ect.

What are the race guidelines for players? Just resistance or a mix of Shadow and resistance?

Should they be part of an organization? The hidden court, Roland's Raiders, A local resistance cell, River traders, free riders, part of the Shadows army itself, or just concerned citizens?

Any specific high scale events you would like to have occurred or are we set in the standard beginning of Year 99 Last Age?

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Castiron
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 06:30:28 PM »

Starting Time: Yes, LA 99.
Point buy 36 (non-standard)
Starting level: Variable (varies depending on races used, templates, ect.)
Flaws: Used to offset Level Adjustment &/or gain feats.
Starting locations: That's something I would need to discuss with the DMs and see what their comfort level is.

Should they be part of an organization? any of those mentioned is possible.

Theres a lot of stuff I would want to go over without the players learning about so I wont be posting here, if you would like to know more just let me know what time (EST) you would be able to chat over teamspeak3 the addy there is

NA1.Mech-Connect.net

my handle there is [EC]Castiron and theres no password to the server.
just let me know a time and we can get together and talk and I can explain thins so my ideas are clear, yes this is a "Ambitious" campaign in fact its massive on a scale few people ever get to be a part of.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:17:19 PM by Castiron » Logged
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 12:32:55 AM »

Hmm, the web address you put down doesn't seem to want to load in my computer for some reason.

A problem that could be an issue, I don't actually have a mic for my computer. I'm a little on the broke side of things to just go out and buy a decent one. (College student). So I could hear you talk to me, I'd just have to type back.

Other solutions, you could PM me your e-mail address, or Facebook if you've got one and we could discuss the game that way.
Castiron
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 03:45:44 AM »

its not an address for a web browser its an address for Teamspeak3.
its a free voice over IP program used for games.

arrow any Mic can be a "Decent one" its more about how the mic is configured.
go online and find a mic that is either part of a headset or a earpiece mic, you can get them for as little as $4

My pref would be the $9 one, it looks like a decent mic for the money. And likely will have good sound quality if setup properly.

$9 http://www.miniinthebox.com/yo-440-stereo-microphone-pc-headset-black_p1224666.html?currency=USD&litb_from=paid_adwords_shopping&gclid=COiGorC4sMECFQqJaQodL18AOw

$4 http://www.quill.com/bluetooth-headsets/cbs/50019518.html?cm_mmc=SEM_PLA_T_50019518

$5 https://www.google.com/shopping/product/15732759748572629751?q=cheap+microphone+for+gaming&biw=1087&bih=635&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.77648437,d.aWw&tch=1&ech=1&psi=cVc_VKq-LtGeyASH-oGQDg.1413437296098.5&sa=X&ei=5Fc_VNv7C46ryATc0IKgBQ&ved=0CLUEEPMCMAE

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:32:29 PM by Castiron » Logged
TheBigRagu
Heepa-Heepa

Oh fiddlesticks

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 03:14:42 PM »

As interesting and ambitious as this sounds, I can't in good conscience commit to DM'ing while I barely have enough time to DM for my local group. But I'd love to be involved with a PbP as a player.

"Rocks fall, everyone dies."
"But how? We're in the middle of a featureless plain-"
"ROCKS FALL, EVERYONE DIES!"
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: Heros of the last age
Jump to: