Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 07:17:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Avoid offending or attacking other users, be polite and well mannered and only good will come from it.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Clarion Quietus (IC) Part 3  (Read 76175 times)
Fates Chagrin
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0

« Reply #525 on: November 07, 2017, 06:59:27 AM »

Eirik had said little during the exchange between the group for while he'd been examining the Orcish tracks his mind had wandered far from the current area, or even the current time. He saw Nefario's inevitable death.

Fire, arrows, blood. A few dead Orcs and over two dozen dead Halflings. Nefario's lifeless body.

At Ivy's shout to her cousin, his head snapped up. His pupils were hidden behind a glowing soft white light. With a jolt he violently shook his head and his eyes snapped back to their natural dark brown. He looked dizzy and sick but reached out for Nefario as the Halfling disappeared into the grass.

"Nefario! Nefario wait! Whatever you're planning, it isn't going to work!"

Nefario stopped and turned around, looking back at him. "What do you mean it won't work?"

"There's an Orc... he hunts Halflings specifically. He's missing the front part of his nose which looks like it was cut or sheared off. He hunts you down and kills you when your attempt fails."

He shook his head. "Okay, say you're right. So what do I-"

"You have to lure him away! But you can't do it yourself, it has to be someone else. An outcast of theirs. Bring him with you! It's the only way you'll have a chance." Eirik had a fevered look about him as he spoke.

Nefario shook his head. "Yeah, okay, sure. Anything else I need to know?"

Eirik paused, seeming unsure. "I don't know, there was more I think but..."

"Okay, sure Eirik. I'll see about taking your advice." He then turned and stalked off into the grass. Leaving Eirik feeling light headed and unsure if the Halfling really would heed what he said.
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #526 on: November 09, 2017, 03:13:24 PM »

The final words exchanged with Nefario, the hunting party decided to pick up their catches for the day and return to the rest of the group.

The days catches were light due the unexpectedness of Nefario's departure. The mood of the group overall was of a mixed variety when it was brought up. Ivy was conflicted and quiet. Eirik seemed worried but also strangely removed from the situation and somewhat distracted. Wendle was angry, cursing up a storm and calling him a fool for rushing off on his own but also for putting them all at risk. Kjellan was similarly worried although he did not share his father's anger and even calmed Wendle down by reminding him that anything Nefario might do would be seen as an action by another Halfling, and not necessarily by them.

Dorin was stoic about it, declaring that it was something about strengthening his Meagan.

Currently reading: The Phantom Tolbooth
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #527 on: November 09, 2017, 03:59:17 PM »

Dunk looked around as the group processed Nefario's decision.

"You're all here by choice, one way or the other, and no one has any call to make you stay.  I don't say that to drive you off; the road is dark ahead and everyone will be welcome and needed. But you each have chosen to travel with us on this quest, and you may each choose to leave when you are called to."

Dunkin stats
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Clarion Quietus (IC) Part 3
Jump to: