Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2017, 06:40:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

If you are unsure how a given part of the site will work, try using the help page, it can help you use codes and navigate the site.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Quietus Clarion (OOC) Part 2  (Read 33019 times)
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2017, 04:50:48 AM »

Oh no, sorry to hear you were sick! A bit late now, but I hope you are better.

Cosmetic changes with things like high degrees of magic being involved are accepted and encouraged.

The feat is really your choice. It's mostly a matter of choosing between an innate sense of powerful focus points that is extremely subtle but will only come up very rarely, or learning to channel which is more immediately useful but diametrically opposes the forces you are on the side of. Channeling will cause due hostility if used unwisely or even undue hostility in a potential handful of encounters if you meet the wrong people. Being able to openly Channel could also go a long way to winning the trust of some other factions who oppose the Shadow.

Don't worry about surprise death. I've been in two games where the GM's used that and from personal experience it's not a good idea. The first time it just took something away from the game knowing we could die in an off-screen fashion and the game died shortly thereafter. The second game when it actually happened to my character and I was pretty sure he'd been looking for an excuse to kill him off since he really didn't seem to like the barbarian I was playing. So no surprise death.

As for the spell, being blinded means you aren't able to accurately target her with that sort of spell. You would effectively be guessing where she is based off a perception roll and then hoping you didn't hit the wrong person with the spell based on how crowded it is.

Just let me know if you still want to do it.

Currently reading: The Phantom Tolbooth
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2017, 02:27:47 PM »

Thank you, i am better but with chronic asthma it takes a longerr time and more medicine than otherwise. That blind spell is a bad idea. I guess i thought beng able to hear the fleeing person. I would like to use bless on my allies instead. It is listed as AoE and dosnt require touch so that should be no problem. If i were to take magecraft which spell list would i use? 

Zhe Color code for colonial seems not to work for me. which one do you use?
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #277 on: September 13, 2017, 02:20:03 AM »

Yes, a Bless spell will work just fine. Were it not a crowded room full of people who are shocked and confused and with a Legate yelling orders it would have been much easier.

As for the languages, I use Hotpink for Colonial.
I think you use Fuchsia. I also used to use Fuchsia but changed it later.

Jester is out of town right now, I'll give him another day to see if he can check in, if not we'll move on.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:28:27 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0

« Reply #278 on: September 14, 2017, 08:46:53 PM »

LB Here is Rash'Gars roll for VP's for 5th level

1d12+3 being rolled

Rolled 1d12+3 : 9 + 3, total 12
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #279 on: September 14, 2017, 08:51:05 PM »

Rash'Gar should be up to date now.

If given the opportunity RG would like to see if he can get Flit & Wisp better equipment.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #280 on: September 15, 2017, 01:28:25 AM »

Ah yes, you had mentioned that earlier Rash'Gar, sorry I never got back to you before now.

As Clouse basically took over handling most of the supplies, he was able to find Flit and Wisp any non-metal light armor in the small category.

Masterwork small ranged weapons have been confiscated, and a pair of finely crafted (Masterwork) shortswords were also found. As well as any basic simple light weapon of the appropriate size.
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #281 on: September 15, 2017, 09:07:34 AM »

The armor would be good, also the short swords if possible.

Rash'Gar intends to try and teach them to become trackers, if possible and how to survive in the wilderness
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #282 on: September 15, 2017, 04:36:57 PM »

In essence, everyone who is in your group is leveling up. Except for King Blanket. He was kept well away from the blast of energy and is too strong already. He will level up next time you level.

If you want to take over making Flit and Wisp as side characters, much like Clouse has on his character page, that's fine with me. They are level 1 Rogues, right now and can level up as Rogues or Wildlanders. Your choice.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 04:39:02 PM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #283 on: September 15, 2017, 06:31:18 PM »

That sounds good. I will work on that as soon as I get a chance.

Do you have a base to work from? Stats etc
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #284 on: September 16, 2017, 12:54:33 AM »

Yes, for them it's a slightly modified NPC Heroic stat build. 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 10. It really doesn't do much to them otherwise. Then for being Goblins they get -2 STR, +4 Dex, -2 Cha.

Goblins are small creatures, but they are fast with a base speed of 30. Being small gives them +1 to A.C. and to hit but imposes a -1 on all Combat maneuvers and their CMD. It also grants them a +4 to all stealth checks.

Further, Goblins are naturally sneaky and gain a racial +4 bonus to all stealth checks. They also have Darkvision out to 60 feet.

For further adjustments look at the thread titled, Making Midnight Meaner, Part 1 Goblins. It gives them the fast climb ability, giving them a climb speed of 15 ft, and a +10 to all climb checks. In addition they have Tide of claws: When a goblin fights in a group 2 or more, they gain a +1 to all attack rolls and a +2 on all grapple checks if they attack the same target.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:16:21 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #285 on: September 16, 2017, 10:06:24 AM »

Can I arrange the stats however I like ?
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #286 on: September 17, 2017, 01:02:54 AM »

Oh, yes. Thought that was a given.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #287 on: September 17, 2017, 06:22:02 AM »

It's your actions.
Everyone is blessed. (+1 to attack rolls and saving throws against fear.)

Aliya, you can see again.
Rash'gar, almost no one is paying attention to you.

One of the other legates successfully cast a spell which has halted the woman's attempt to escape. She appears to be in a battle of words against Lazhin and the other Legates.

Spellcraft to identify the spell.
Also, sense motive check to determine some things should you be paying attention to the conversation. Rash'Gar would also have to make a Dc. 15 Linguistics roll due to his pidgin level grasp of Colonial.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:20:13 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #288 on: September 21, 2017, 01:03:33 PM »

Sorry, still sick here. Thank you, Luiniel. I think i take magecraft. Advertising this fact would be not a great idea, so i keep things under wraps unless provoked or plot wise required.  Not seeng how this will play out i cast a know the enemy and try to discern what kind of channeler the woman is.

Rolling "Sense Motive" : 1d20 + 5
Rolling 1d20 + 5
( 20 ) + 5 = 25

Rolling "Spellcraft" : 1d20 + 2
Rolling 1d20 + 2
( 15 ) + 2 = 17
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 01:19:06 PM by Siona33 » Logged
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #289 on: September 21, 2017, 06:18:40 PM »

Well, that was unexpected. I didn't think she'd make her will save given the various penalties she was suffering. And now the potential sacrifice is now making a full tilt run to try and get out of the city.

Aliya, the spell is giving you a bit more as to the nature of the person you are casting it on because it is in the moment rather than later in the day.

She is an Orphic Channeler, in many ways the most subtle of Channelers as they can do things with their magic that don't involve actually casting spells, although they can in fact learn to do so. Their specialty is enhancing their bodies in various ways by expending spell energy, you are fairly certain she was enhancing all 3 of her physical stats.

Other things you took note of; Rothsin noted Lazhin as head Legate. The woman was both educated and familiar with Lazhin, a command spell and a Suggestion spell were cast.
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #290 on: September 23, 2017, 04:37:50 PM »

So, i am making a knowledge arcane check in regards to the orphic channeler.
then cast shadow trap at the channeler, if  that is ok. I post IC later this day.

Rolling "Knowledge arcane" : 1d20 + 11
Rolling 1d20 + 11
( 8 ) + 11 = 19
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #291 on: September 24, 2017, 11:29:16 AM »

Will Save:
Rolled 1d20+2 : 12 + 2, total 14
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #292 on: September 24, 2017, 11:46:34 AM »

I don't recall your wisdom being above sixteen or having Spell Focus Illusion, and as it's a 1st level spell I believe she just made the saving throw and resists her shadow becoming trapped.

As far as Orphic Channelers are concerned, everything I mentioned before is true.
- They are the least versatile of Channelers when it comes to their spells.
- They are better at casting Self spells and have a more difficult time with ranged spells.
- More experienced ones can start using their magic to directly enhance their bodies in various ways without obviously casting spells.
- It is said to never be a good idea to fight one for extended periods of time in combat as they become stronger over time.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #293 on: September 25, 2017, 06:43:38 AM »

Rash'Gar,  I'm sorry for the lack of in-character hooks I seem to be giving you at the moment. I hope you are not too bored by the scene currently in front of you. This is much more of the Legate scene but don't worry I'm working on heading towards a conclusion to it swiftly.

Aliya, I hope that I'm not rushing your decisions too much with my huge posts, also, that this scene is not too dark for you. You are playing within a religion with the Evil God currently run by a cruel Legate.

I definitely considered running this scene a lot more slowly than this with a great deal more opportunity for character input, but ultimately I felt this would dragging things along at a pace where things are already kind of slow. If either of you would like to interject at any point along the post, please feel free to do so. Just try to make it clear where that point is, here in OOC will work fine.
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #294 on: September 25, 2017, 07:07:51 AM »

LB, I am fine with everything. Enjoying the story as it unfolds. Currently Rash'Gar is feeling some anxiety. Like a caged animal. Trying not to draw any more attention to himself and his brother. Waiting to exit the stifling room.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #295 on: September 25, 2017, 10:29:25 PM »

Fair enough, almost all attention is focused now on what Aliya is going to do.

Aliya, for joining the Keepers of Obsidian and as part of your first sacrifice, you are being given a +1 keen ceremonial Dagger.
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #296 on: September 25, 2017, 11:30:27 PM »

VP for Flit & Wisp

Flit

1st Level 
Rolled 1d8+2 : 5 + 2, total 7

2nd Level
Rolled 1d8+2 : 5 + 2, total 7

Wisp

1st Level 
Rolled 1d8+2 : 7 + 2, total 9

2nd Level
Rolled 1d8+2 : 4 + 2, total 6
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #297 on: September 27, 2017, 01:45:22 PM »

No Luiniel its ok. Apart from my general lack of plan with this escape situation that is. As for dark scense, that does not bother me . It would be weird considering were playing Midnight and i a Legate on top.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #298 on: October 16, 2017, 02:38:33 AM »

Checking at the Library for information is a very good idea. Since you are of the Keeper of Obsidian Order now, you treat all knowledge skills as a Class skill. In addition, when using the library, you gain +5 bonus on any knowledge check.

For maps, you are able to collect what are effectively Masterwork versions which will grant you a +4 on all knowledge Geography checks and a +2 on Survival checks to not get lost. (Normally it would be a +4 but they are severely out of date but are still useful.)
For determining old smuggling ways, you will need to give a Knowledge History check with a +5 check. It may be useful.

Other options before you, sending out messages with crows.  Making Knowledge Local checks for more immediate information. Your Uncle and his most trusted people have left the area, so Spell casting services have temporarily dropped down to 3rd level spells. Other options you might be able to think of are at your and the party's immediate discretion. The world will move as you do.
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #299 on: October 19, 2017, 02:14:14 PM »

Rolling "Knoiwledge  history" : 1d620 + 11
Rolling 1d620 + 11
( 20 ) + 11 = 31

Rolling "knowledge local" : 1d20 + 11
Rolling 1d20 + 11
( 11 ) + 11 = 22

I may send a raven to a garnison near my prey.,

IC post tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Quietus Clarion (OOC) Part 2
Jump to: