Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2018, 03:34:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Only Admins and Global Moderators can post threads on the News forum, but all logged users can reply to them.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Clarion Quietus (OOC) Part 3  (Read 136987 times)
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #825 on: June 03, 2018, 03:27:47 AM »

So I didn't lose any of you. And here I was so worried.

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +5/-0

« Reply #826 on: June 03, 2018, 03:52:13 AM »

Nope.  You're stuck with us. Wink

Ex infernis, spes
Amethyst's Combat Stats
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #827 on: June 07, 2018, 04:20:24 AM »

Taking a bit to get a response. With the horse stuff especially, Siobhan will have some strong feelings.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #828 on: June 07, 2018, 04:38:14 PM »

As I recall, Siobhan grew up in Hornblower's Hill with Grandfather. He was a cunning old man and while he taught you of your heritage, he himself was not of Sarcosan lineage, and he never really tried to force you to learn it. He was very hands off in a lot of respects, but he would teach you things if you came and asked him of it. Such as reading and writing. The rest of the villagers were primarily of Erenlander descent and while there was a mashup of cultural heritage, there was never a true focus on either Dornish or Sarcosan teachings or beliefs. As you got older you certainly gained the attention of the boys in your village but you also had a reputation as being something of tomboy and scary too. It's possible that you took the Sarcosan teachings to heart but you certainly didn't have to.

As for you, Amethyst, living in Hornblower's Rest, was a very similar experience with the mashup of different cultures and while there was definitely a heavier mix of Erenlanders, there were both families of Sarcosans and Dorns living there too. Grandmother was far more hands on with her teachings of each of the various cultures and even had a tradition of encouraging various traditions from each of the peoples who lived there. You were trained to experience all of it and know when the best time to use those teachings or to hide them. Most times the villagers wanted you to join in on even their various private traditions and would ask you to join them. Grandmother always encouraged you to attend these too as you never knew when you needed to blend in wherever you were.

Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #829 on: June 10, 2018, 08:16:33 AM »

Sorry for dragging you guys through a long winded social encounter while the shadow side get a combat encounter. I'll be moving things along here shortly.

But here's something to think about, your journey's westward across the Plains of Central Erenland are not fraught with nothing changing. Your experiences up until now have you changing and your hardships endured continue. Ding!

LEVEL UP!!

Don't thank me for this either, you'll probably need it for your next leg of the adventure. Because I've been working on some things for you.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:36:16 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #830 on: June 12, 2018, 01:22:10 PM »

Great, I'll try to up Dunkin soon

Dunkin stats
Pheros

« Reply #831 on: June 16, 2018, 09:54:00 AM »

Karma check requested in Meta thread:

Rolled 1d20+2 : 2 + 2, total 4
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #832 on: June 17, 2018, 02:16:46 AM »

You got a 4 huh. Well Dunkin, that's a full failure. First off, increase your Karma score by +2. Next, over the following 10 days. You find that you are having the worst luck. Your food rations seem to be running out faster than you thought, even counting the newest member of your group, you realize that after a few nights your hunts are becoming much more difficult as game becomes scarce. Worse, you lose most of your rations as a group of rodents that sneak into your camp during your watch one night and destroy your bag by chewing through it.

You lose 24 days worth of trail rations and your bags are ruined.

Edit:
Man, so I was going back over my older posts about how I was originally planning to cover travel time and... I don't know what was going through my mind. I'm sure there was some sort of convoluted sense I could make out of it at the time, but now I have no idea.

It's going to be one check per week of travel unless I decide something changes. You will travel so many miles based on a per day standard x7. It will let me get through this way easier. If I'd been smarter at the time I would have created a page that details the various groups overland travel and resource consumption. That would have been a really good idea at the beginning, because now I just have to go hunting through pages of exposition.

I'll give Siobhan and Amethyst another day to roll. Let's hope their checks go better than yours.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 02:38:33 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Pheros

« Reply #833 on: June 17, 2018, 08:47:30 AM »

Oof, yeah, that's no good.  Hope they do better.
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #834 on: June 19, 2018, 04:08:08 PM »

Rolled 1d20+3 : 16 + 3, total 19

I think that's it (Karma 17 at present, I believe) - will try to dig up and double-check the relevant system.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #835 on: June 19, 2018, 07:43:20 PM »

Amethyst, from your sheet it seems to be 18, which means you got a 20 and that is a full success. Reduce your karma by -2. Next, while travel continues for 10 days, you find yourself suffering fewer hardships than usual. Your sleep is more restful than it seems to be for others and you always seem to have pleasant dreams and walk with a spring in your step. This doesn't make the travel any easier but where you normally find it hard to keep up with the others now you seem to find the easiest paths and are always near the front of the group.
At one point near the end of the 9th day of travel you find signs of a medium sized group of riders who had been moving through the area and had apparently been attacked. It's discovered to have only been 2 days before at night as there are signs that they were assaulted by a large group of fell. The camp had been hastily abandoned with leaving a fire to die out on its own, as well as scattered supplies here and there. You discover the following:

Up to 16 days of trail rations
1 short bow and 17 arrows.
1 cedeku
2 waterskins
1 scimitar
a belt pouch containing 18 gold coins of sarcosan print
One pack, you discover it seems to have been a couriers pack of a sworn rider to one of the newer Traitor Princes of the area, Daru Nishpa. The papers are from a recent date and appear to be unmarred in any way. They allow for entry into any city and should stop any molesting from Orcs within the Princes territories.

Oh also do remember to level up and to apply your stat boost somewhere.
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #836 on: Yesterday at 06:54:06 AM »

If the world stabilises (whee - health "fun") and I can string thoughts together, I'll try to catch up on things here today.

Including updating my combat stats: I took my Karma score from there, which was clearly out of date. Wink

I've given Siobhan's player a nudge; should hopefully get a Karma check for her shortly.
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #837 on: Yesterday at 06:05:39 PM »

Good grief, I've missed several months of posts.  I really do apologise yet again.  Not least for missing an absolutely explicit cue for Amethyst to "do the talking".

Hopefully it's not too late to help a little with that - including both her Detect Evil power and a Sense Motive check (with attendant huge bonus for detecting servants of Shadow) to confirm that Alyssa's not actually in cahoots with the powers of darkness.

Mostly, she's intending to just be nice, and trust that she'll receive a nice response in return.  The automatic Attitude improvement for any non-evil person she meets kicks in before she even tries any Diplomacy charm; she very rarely has to deal with anyone with a worse than Neutral attitude to her, and most are warmer than that....
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Clarion Quietus (OOC) Part 3
Jump to: