Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2019, 08:18:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

If you want to know when a new thread is posted try subscribing to a forum.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Clarion Quietus (OOC) Part 3  (Read 210479 times)
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #675 on: December 12, 2016, 06:30:44 PM »

Oh yeah, it's one of those things you just need to make a little time for.

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +5/-0

« Reply #676 on: December 12, 2016, 06:45:10 PM »

Not that it'd have made a difference here, I suspect.  I'm intending to boost Sense Motive if I can... but probably only by a point. Wink

Ex infernis, spes
Amethyst's Combat Stats
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #677 on: December 12, 2016, 08:07:30 PM »

Dunk's speech needs an applause button.
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #678 on: December 12, 2016, 09:26:16 PM »

Thanks. Making friends like a Cha=8 does.

Dunkin stats
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #679 on: December 13, 2016, 06:19:38 AM »

Second sense motive. "Is he really just trying to get lucky?"
Rolled 1d20+8 : 18 + 8, total 26
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #680 on: December 13, 2016, 09:13:03 PM »

Dunk's speech needs an applause button.

As for the applause button, it's kind of hard to notice but you can increase a Character's Spell Energy Rating located under their name by pressing good. There's also a taint button which is traditionally reserved for very dark or evil posts. Which you can of course increase by pushing the evil button.

It's almost never done anymore which is kind of sad, but it's a thing to do.

Well, I didn't get much of a chance to truly figure out Timeon before his player left the boards. But from his original character concept, he was playing a Machiavelen Rogue type and, I suspect, lady's man. Given the fairly unscrupulous nature of people like that, his natural confidence with a high Charisma, his average Wisdom score, and the fact that he's got the Speaker Path... in a round about way, yes.

Your Sense motive score is high enough to determine that he is at trying to be clever about a number of things:

1.) Like you, he's keen enough about reading a room full of Dwarves and is aware enough about his surroundings to have determined that the bath house is not actually a place to truly relax. It is a place to come and rest your muscles, get clean and then leave.

2.) He's using that as an excuse to test and see how open Siobhan is to him getting closer to her. You also suspect that might be why he switched from speaking Erenlander or Traders Tongue to speaking in Courtier. You know enough from what Grandfather taught you and speaking to others, that Courtier is a far more difficult language to master than Coloniel.  Many would find that rather impressive, and others who do speak the language are often appreciative of the effort put in to learn it.

3.) For practical purposes, it's even less likely that any Dwarves would understand the language. Although you also are starting to suspect he knows that Amethyst doesn't speak Courtier and he may he holding this as a private conversation in case he's rebuffed.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 12:39:35 PM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #681 on: December 14, 2016, 09:45:01 AM »

Can't seem to pull off the same color and the languages don't show up next to the color choices anymore.
Pheros

« Reply #682 on: December 14, 2016, 03:44:57 PM »

I thought there there was a darkpink color for Courtier, but I don't see it in the list.

Ahh, here it is: Orchid

Orchid Test

Here's the link: http://www.againsttheshadow.org/index.php?topic=412.0
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 03:47:01 PM by Pheros » Logged
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #683 on: December 14, 2016, 04:44:57 PM »

Thanks
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #684 on: December 20, 2016, 12:44:48 PM »

Hmm, wonder what happened there? There's certainly a few more unique choices on the text color list now but it was certainly nice to not have to think about what colors meant what languages before.

As a side note, before this most recent change occurred, I had done a decent amount of experimenting with the color choices and you can add a rather large variety of other colors not listed.
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #685 on: December 21, 2016, 08:25:44 AM »

Nice.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #686 on: January 08, 2017, 06:12:35 AM »

Alrighty then, folks in the shower area are done. Anywhere else you'd like to go or do for the rest of the current day. The next scene that's coming up is going to be an important one.
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #687 on: January 08, 2017, 02:17:53 PM »

Sorry - truly.  RL is being a *bleep*.  Still caught up in the process of trying to move house while chronically ill, but now with the added fun of our buyer proving to be pretty thoroughly useless.

We're currently stuck in legal limbo while he fails to respond to communications, fails to give us money, fails to confirm what date he might be able to do so by, and successfully prevents us sorting out our own purchase and house-move.

Ilona: feel free to kick me via email (repeatedly) should I fail to post in the very near future, or disappear again after posting.  I won't be deliberately ignoring the game, I'll just be dopily forgetting about it while lost in woozy stress.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #688 on: January 09, 2017, 04:32:10 AM »

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear that.

I'm currently a little more sympathetic to your plight myself, as the startup company I'm part of  is having some issues with a person we hired to do a job which is only partway complete and he occasionally goes long stretches with either vague and open ended communication or none at all.
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #689 on: January 09, 2017, 07:47:07 AM »

And by kick you mean friendly poke and a hug.
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #690 on: February 03, 2017, 03:22:25 PM »

Oookaaay.  I'm here again.

We've moved.  I'm more than a little broken, but all our stuff is in the house.  And we have net access once again.

Our buyers remained 'special' to the end: a good example might be their response to the people *we* were buying from asking for a 2-week delay due to a 'family tragedy'.  Our buyers oh-so-generously offered us *one day*.  They wanted to make us homeless for a couple of weeks... but our lawyers kicked up a fuss, pointing out that they were the ones responsible for wasting months of time for everyone involved, and managed to negotiate a compromise.  Still, things remained an insane scramble to the very end - at one point we were driving in the opposite direction to all our possessions, as the removal van went one way and we set off in the other to visit lawyers and bank again...

The house is filled with boxes; it was a genuine thrill to sit at a table to eat a meal, on Wednesday; we still haven't got as far as the luxury of getting the TV out of its box....

But anyway: hi.  I'm back, I think.  Are we all dead IC yet? Wink
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #691 on: February 03, 2017, 03:35:45 PM »

Welcome back. It's almost over.
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #692 on: February 03, 2017, 03:54:29 PM »

...that sounds ominous.
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #693 on: February 03, 2017, 03:56:46 PM »

Lol
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #694 on: February 03, 2017, 04:18:19 PM »

And I've posted!

Feels like years since I last managed it. :/
Pheros

« Reply #695 on: February 03, 2017, 04:38:01 PM »

hey, welcome back.  congrats and surviving the move.  Not dead yet...though any day now is possible
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #696 on: February 03, 2017, 04:51:51 PM »

I feel like I should get around to levelling up....
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #697 on: February 04, 2017, 05:10:14 AM »

Welcome back Amethyst! Or whoever you really are... Glad to hear some things have calmed down for you at least.

As for your survival status that remains to be seen how things will go. That said, leveling up your character may help some things over. Don't forget to add the holiday Vitality point and skill point I awarded.

Feel free to respond in character and decide what you're going to do next. The scene will play out and then we'll be on to our next main event.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 06:58:40 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #698 on: February 06, 2017, 04:06:58 AM »

We can keep this scene going a little while longer but if no one has any objections we'll give a little more exposition here and then fast forward to the next day where the combat trial will commence.

As it stands, everyone will have a choice as to whether or not to fight in the arena battle. Punches will not be pulled here.

The rules of the Arena are as Nefario stated. One on one. To the death. Weapons and armor allowed for both sides, if they apply.

The Dwarves aren't necessarily trying to kill you so they will make it what they believe to be a fair fight and adjust the enemies accordingly.

If you are fighting: Please roll 1d12. This will help determine which enemy you will face within limits.

If you are not fighting: This will have it's own sort of consequences. You may try to mitigate or negate those consequences with Diplomacy/Bluff checks modified partly by your in character responses.

You may also try to influence your allies decisions as to whether or not fighting is a good idea for them. Since most of them are NPC's at this point it will fall into the Social convincing by their disposition towards you. Most of your allies are probably helpful while a few are merely friendly with you. So it shouldn't be too hard to convince them.

I'll write up a list of who's fighting or not soon.
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #699 on: February 06, 2017, 09:36:15 AM »

Sorry for the wordy delay.  Amethyst's just keen to turn this to everyone's advantage if she can (well, everyone not aligned with the Shadow).

She's also actually fairly likely to volunteer... especially if magic's permissible, or if they can work in teams.  She's pretty sure that she'll be assessed on being smallish and squishy, without regard to her tactical abilities.

Will try to get levelling up done ASAP, but I need to get back to wresting with the bank now.  You'd think that when they'd helped me to buy a new house, they'd be more accommodating about letting me confirm I live in it now...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Clarion Quietus (OOC) Part 3
Jump to: