Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 17, 2017, 03:22:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Did you know that to post outside of the Meta forum you must log in
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Crown of Shadows Pt.II [IC] Part 2  (Read 105591 times)
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #550 on: October 30, 2017, 02:11:04 AM »

"Yes, Adam especially, he seemed to know a lot about it and it was even his idea to fly it.

A few. I've considered having both traveling along the water and going by foot, but the truth is there are too many problems. We could afford to send a lot more people and as fell they wouldn't have to sleep along the way but that means they would be without the Queen's song longer to sate their hunger. It would be faster if we had skilled sailors to take the boats but we lost ours and I really don't know if there are any here in Khrove. I would feel better about the shipments if we were to go with them.

Maybe now that the Danisil have had a chance to recover and get used to the idea that Khrove is an ally we could ask them for aid. Verador seemed to be familiar with that one from the other half of that pact he mentioned... I've forgotten her name. I can't imagine she died."

He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "If only we had something like those Wyvern's the Legates were riding on... flying would certainly be the best option though."

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #551 on: November 07, 2017, 10:04:13 AM »

"Flying would be fast, though we would call so much attention to ourselves it might not be worth it, even if we could.

I think the Danisil are our best chance. There just aren't enough of the living to call on here, and even if we could figure out how to keep the Fell hunger at bay, can you imagine a troop of Fell marching up to the steps of the Witch Queen's palace? Ha! We'd be killed leagues out.

Dunkin stats
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #552 on: November 12, 2017, 02:50:44 AM »

"All good points. Though something tells me we wouldn't be bringing that shipment to the palace directly. Honestly, you'd think that with how important this mission seemed to be, other efforts should have been taken in the intervening months to ensure that the shipment would make it northward at all.

So in that case, we should make preparations to contact the Danisil. I'd have liked to have used Kramis, but unfortunately his scrying magic is only good for getting a general idea of things and any more direct contact magic requires familiarity with individuals, so that can't be readily used. Something we may have to look into in the future with other envoys. Until then, we'll need to send messengers. I will volunteer of course, and unless Shelg has become too involved in playing Spy for your House, I can't imagine he wouldn't want to leave ... ...

What about you and Verador? It makes sense if you can't, you're the leader of your house after all. Verador's the head of your guard too."
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #553 on: November 15, 2017, 10:43:58 PM »

"Yes, I feel that Shelg likely would leap at the chance to leave on a mission like this. 

As for me, if I leave, this House will be overrun in a day and Serapis' shortly after.  Though if I stay and the promised trade with the elves does not materialize, I'll be no better off.  Shadow's Breath! I didn't want this trouble, but it's too strategic a position to retreat from.

Carry the message to the Danisil, and take Verador with you.  If they can help, return here and I will join you on the trip north.  Hopefully we can find a way to control our hungers."
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Crown of Shadows (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight, Harrowed)  |  Topic: Crown of Shadows Pt.II [IC] Part 2
Jump to: