Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2017, 06:43:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

If you want to keep in touch with all Midnight news, subscribe to our News Forum, then every time a news item is posted you will be notified!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Crown of Shadows Pt.II [OoC] Part 2  (Read 93645 times)
Harrowed

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-1

« Reply #550 on: May 14, 2016, 11:09:49 PM »

Does called shot work on undead constructs, or whatever this is? If so, then definitely will use it.

It certainly does on this one.

I like the cut of your jib. How do I subscribe to your newsletter?
-RPG.net
Harrowed

« Reply #551 on: May 14, 2016, 11:26:55 PM »

Round 1
Initiative

Teliir JH JS
Shelg 10D
Lady Serapis 9S
Dwarven Dor 8H
Verador 6S
Avren 6C
That Thing 5S

Teliir gets a good hit, causing 1W on That Thing. It's an easy hit for Teliir but the creature has a high Toughness

Shelg hits as well, but no wound. One point shy.

Lady Serapis holding her action ...

The Dwarven Dor throws his ghostly hammer at the creature but by some godawful roll misses

Verador attempts to strike at the creature as it passes but his wound penalty causes him to miss, twice.

Avren holds his action. Waiting for the creature.

That Thing advances into reach of the Volunteers and triggers several attacks ...

Avren swings and hits the creature. With the bonus damage from the flaming blade he inflicts 1W. I spent one of the creature bennies and succeeded on a Toughness roll, removing Avren's damage.

Lady Serapis swings and hits the creature, but doesn't break the creature's Toughness.

That Thing swings a limb out and just misses Serapis, and then a second limb and just misses Avren.

That Thing
1W
3 2 Bennies

Benny Count
Avren 3 2
Verador 3 2 1
Teliir 3
Shelg 3 2
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 11:38:16 PM by Harrowed » Logged
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #552 on: May 20, 2016, 04:59:09 PM »

Another called shot for Teliir, aiming for a joint on one of the limbs it's using to attack.  She wants to give the others some breathing room, if possible.

Dunkin stats
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #553 on: May 24, 2016, 11:46:20 PM »

Is there the equivalent of fighting defensively in this system? If so I would really like Avren to fight like that. If not, well then I guess he'll just swing for the fences and hope for some lucky rolls.

Currently reading: The Phantom Tolbooth
Harrowed

« Reply #554 on: June 26, 2016, 07:25:07 PM »

Round 2
Initiative

Teliir AH 2D
Verador QS
Shelg 7S
Dwarven Dor 9D
Lady Serapis 5D
That Thing 6D
Avren 3H

Teliir goes for a Called Shot and its a damned good hit. With that damage it'll cause 1W and disable the limb. I spent a Benny and tried for a Toughness roll to soak but failed.

Verador turns and strikes at the creature, hitting but failing to cause damage.

Shelg fires again from his perch. He hits, but no damage.

The Dwarven Dor spends the action resummoning his hammer back to his hand

Lady Serapis swings at the creature, hitting as well, but failing to inflict damage.

That Thing turns and attacks. It's damned angry. It gets a good hit on Verador, enough to inflict 1W ... that he can't afford right now. Spending a benny to Soak and the roll is good. 1W negated.

As a feature, when the creature goes to 2W it goes Beserk gaining a second action. As Ambi/Multiattack. It attacks Verador again and hits. Now I'm in a bad place with him, I can't soak a roll. So the damage gets
eaten. Which is 2W ... that's enough to Incapacitate him. So Vigor roll ... and its a failure. 10 on the dice gets him the Lame Hinderance until the Wounds are all healed. Verador is also Bleeding Out.
Bleeding Out: the injured character must make a Vigor Roll at the start of each round after the one in which he was injured and before Action Cards are dealt:
Success: The victim must roll agin next round, or every minute thereafter if not in combat,
Raise: The victim stabilizes and no futher rolls are required.
Failure: The character dies from blood loss.

Other characters may stop the victim's bleeding by making a Healing roll. If successful, the victim stabilizes immediately and no further rolls are necessary. The use of the Healing skill just stops the bleeding.

Avren switches to Defensive Fighting, which gets him a hit but no wounds thanks to a really shit damage roll. But its a good idea, since this thing looks to be going to Avren next

That Thing
2W
3 2 1 0 Bennies

Benny Count
Avren 3 2
Verador 3 2 1 0
Teliir 3
Shelg 3 2

Verador Incapacitated and Bleeding Out
Pheros

« Reply #555 on: June 27, 2016, 12:39:07 AM »

Called shot on something that looks like a head. She wants to get its attention away from the area Verador is in to give someone else a chance to get to him.
arnon

Spell Energy / Taint +8/-4

« Reply #556 on: July 04, 2016, 01:02:51 AM »

Shelg will try to perform a Trick (Agility), hopefully i'll succeed (-2 to Parry), maybe even with a raise (give it the Shaken condition as well). That should make the creature easier to hit.

Har, how about this for an Agility Trick: I believe Shelg if behind the creature now right? So Shelg will jump up it's back, poke it in the head (or somewhere else) with his bow and then jump back. I'll use a benny on failure.

All: if the trick succeed's it'll be a good opportunity and shoud be used before the creatures next action. I'm suggestion Holding (delaying) till immediately after Shelg tries the trick.
Pheros

« Reply #557 on: July 04, 2016, 02:08:00 AM »

Sounds like a plan. Teliir will hold for Shelg's try
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #558 on: July 04, 2016, 03:04:12 AM »

Sounds good, Avren will hold until Shelg tries his trick. I've got an idea myself but we'll see how your idea works first.

Also, I still don't really know how this system runs exactly. Can we spend Benny's to add to rolls, rather than just as a re-roll?
arnon

« Reply #559 on: July 04, 2016, 11:48:36 PM »

Nope, bennies are for re-rolls. BUT, you always take the best result. You can even spend benny after benny (as many as you want) on the same roll and still take only the best from among them all.
Harrowed

« Reply #560 on: August 10, 2016, 04:28:00 AM »

Round 3
Initiative

Verador's Bleeding Out condition gets dealt with at the start of the round before cards are dealt.
That roll is a failure, Verador bleeds out and dies on the stairs.

Avren AS
Teliir AD9C
Verador AC
Lady Serapis KH
Shelg 9H
That Thing 6H
Dwarven Dor 2C

Everyone goes on hold until Shelg action.

Shelg goes for a Agility Trick and no surprise, succeeds with a raise. This thing has shit for Agility. So the creature will be at a -2 to Parry and Shaken.

Avren attacks and hits. It's a good hit and puts the creature up to 3W, which since I have no Bennies I can't do shit about.

Teliir goes for a Called Shot and it's good as well, the damage puts the creature to Incapacitated and ends combat.

Nicely done, good use of teamwork.

Benny Count
Avren 3 2
Verador 3 2 1 0
Teliir 3
Shelg 3 2
arnon

« Reply #561 on: August 10, 2016, 04:52:39 AM »

Wo-ho!
Harrowed

« Reply #562 on: August 10, 2016, 05:00:42 AM »

Wo-ho!

That Agility Trick turned the tide. The Volunteers were whittling it down but putting it into Shaken, and me with no Bennies, that was pretty much that.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #563 on: August 10, 2016, 05:21:51 AM »

The cost was high though. Another Party member has died and this time there is no guarantee he will even rise as a Fell... not that I'm sure Verador would want that any way. Although Erunsil Elves tend to be the most practically minded of their race.

I'd spend two of Avren's benny's to give Verador another stabilization roll, if I could, but I don't believe the rules work that way.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 05:24:47 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Harrowed

« Reply #564 on: August 10, 2016, 05:50:35 AM »

I'd spend two of Avren's benny's to give Verador another stabilization roll, if I could, but I don't believe the rules work that way.

Nope. They don't.
Pheros

« Reply #565 on: August 10, 2016, 09:49:48 AM »

Yeah, I'm not sure if Verador would want to rise as fell or not.  That's going to be a steep loss for the team, as he was most of our spellcasting omfh.  Very sad.
Harrowed

« Reply #566 on: February 04, 2017, 06:26:45 PM »

My apologies for the gap in postings. I'll focus more time on this.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #567 on: February 21, 2017, 06:53:15 AM »

How much is openly known about the shadow's forces and, I suppose, the Avatars of Izrador? Jahzir the Sword of Shadow would probably be the most open, I imagine. While the priest of shadow would just be talked about as a terrifying force in the background. And The Wrath of Shadow would be a destructive force of nature.

Would Avren even know what Theorin is even talking about when he says "their masters?"
Harrowed

« Reply #568 on: February 21, 2017, 02:38:47 PM »

How much is openly known about the shadow's forces and, I suppose, the Avatars of Izrador? Jahzir the Sword of Shadow would probably be the most open, I imagine. While the priest of shadow would just be talked about as a terrifying force in the background. And The Wrath of Shadow would be a destructive force of nature.

Would Avren even know what Theorin is even talking about when he says "their masters?"

Open knowledge ... quite a bit in the tactical sense where Avren is from. He'd know the names that they're given and Jahzir and the Wrath given the most attention. But yeah, he can surmise that Theorin is referring to the four Night Kings.
Harrowed

« Reply #569 on: March 09, 2017, 07:11:15 PM »

The conversation with Theroin kind of dropped off, I'll assume that's done and move into Teliir getting a WTF I'm a what now moment.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #570 on: March 10, 2017, 11:33:03 AM »

Sorry about that, Theorin was being so finishing and brief with his responses that I didn't really feel like I had much to latch onto.
Also with the way this story had been going and how brief Avren's background and motivations were, I honestly didn't have any other driving plots beyond tying up the few loose ends we had here in Khrove. It took me a while to come up with the idea to discuss overall war tactics with the Shadow and what Theorin might be most likely to know and maybe share with us.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:36:03 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #571 on: April 04, 2017, 01:21:56 AM »

So I don't really know if edges get utilized automatically or you have to say you're using them, but for the moment Avren is going to try and use his Blood of Kings edge and play the game of politics here with the help of Serapis.

I guess that would be a persuasion roll, as intimidate seems to be the wrong way to go here. If it helps he offers what he knows about the Elven trading goods, and what he's seen of their military ability from their time at Keep of the Cataracts.
Harrowed

« Reply #572 on: April 25, 2017, 04:28:37 AM »

Update coming tomorrow.
Harrowed

« Reply #573 on: April 26, 2017, 04:34:06 AM »

You'll have to wait one more day, sick with some damn thing.
Pheros

« Reply #574 on: April 26, 2017, 08:57:07 AM »

Feel better.  Whenever you're better again.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Crown of Shadows (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight, Harrowed)  |  Topic: Crown of Shadows Pt.II [OoC] Part 2
Jump to: