Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 03:15:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Threads are marked read only when you open them, if you leave the site and come back later they will still be marked as new, so there is no need to read all threads at once.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Clarion Quietus (OOC) Part 2  (Read 202951 times)
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« on: September 15, 2011, 12:05:49 PM »

Hmm. Normally you can't use acrobatics while you're climbing unless you have an actual Climb speed (as a seperate movement type, not a skill).

I think the second option is the one that makes the most sense.

At full defense, the AoO misses. Action points for DR are normally spent before the damage roll is made, but can be announced after the attack, so go ahead and keep the point.

Give me a descriptive post.

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
Doomed Hero

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 09:08:08 PM »

Nefario and Siobahn will post when they are able. I'd like to continue on. We're finally getting to the end of this mess. Smiley

Dorin, you're up. Please make sure to check the spoiler with your name on it from a few pages back regarding the Alpha's last attack. I didn't get a reaction post from you so you can work it into your action post.
Sholano
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 06:17:15 PM »

Nefario and Siobahn will post when they are able. I'd like to continue on. We're finally getting to the end of this mess. Smiley

Dorin, you're up. Please make sure to check the spoiler with your name on it from a few pages back regarding the Alpha's last attack. I didn't get a reaction post from you so you can work it into your action post.

I worked in my reaction to his hit into my hitting him, actually.

"You want me to what?! ... Gimme a minute."
Dorin's combat data | Dorin's character sheet
Sholano
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 06:23:07 PM »

Aaand next one done. Short and to the point.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 09:15:23 PM »

Matt, don't know if ever got a description  of Xein, but he's a pale, scared elfling. "Creature" works, but he's not one of the gnolls.
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 12:55:07 AM »

Matt, don't know if ever got a description  of Xein, but he's a pale, scared elfling. "Creature" works, but he's not one of the gnolls.

Xein may be scarred, but he certainly is not scared of these foolish resistance members.

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 01:11:46 AM »

Life is unusually busy right now. I'll be able to post an end-of-round wrap up tomorrow night and then I'll be away until sunday.

If things go the way I think they will the next round will be the last of this encounter, at which point the villains will go back to their own OOC thread, we'll stop double-posting and the hero's thread will cut away to the group in the mountains.

If any of you mountain group folks are following this, can you sound off so I know that you know that you'll be showing up soon?
Doomed Hero

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 09:45:28 PM »

Ivy, I'd like to recommend that you take an action to cast Expeditious Retreat on Eirik's horse. You may choose to ignore me of course, but I thought it would be a neat way to get the party a nice horse, avoid having to make Eirik try to leap onto the wagon, and display Ivy's newfound magical talents.

What do you think?
Doomed Hero

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 10:21:27 PM »

I have a post coming up for Ilona but it's a doozy and I wanted to give people a chance to respond to this one before I jumped into that.

Kael, Ivy, Xein and Rash'Gar, post if you'd like. I'll drop the Ilona post sometime friday.
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 11:04:48 PM »

I'm fine with the idea, except for the whole take-a-standard-action-while-disabled-and-fall-dying thing. I suppose an AP can fix that. Of course, we don't have negative hit points in your mod rules so I'm not quite sure how Disabled works when I'm at 0 Vit & Wounds but stable, and I perform a standard action.

Inside the wagon Ivy lay there...
Ivy did stand up last turn. Didn't want her to be prone in case she was attacked.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:13:08 PM by neverfox » Logged

Doomed Hero

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 12:56:33 AM »

Ivy did stand up last turn. Didn't want her to be prone in case she was attacked.

fix'd.

I'm fine with the idea, except for the whole take-a-standard-action-while-disabled-and-fall-dying thing. I suppose an AP can fix that. Of course, we don't have negative hit points in your mod rules so I'm not quite sure how Disabled works when I'm at 0 Vit & Wounds but stable, and I perform a standard action.

I just realized there's a bit of a discrepancy between the way the rules operate and the changes I wanted to implement.

I'm going to fix that now.

Basically, you're going to have your Con modifier in Negative HP. That is, you'll be disabled within that block (I've always been a fan of the Disabled condition, very heroic decisions are made there and it doesn't see much play normally.) If you perform a standard action you "bleed out" one point, but if not you remain where you are. If you fall below your con mod in negative HP you then pass out and have to start making Fort Saves to avoid dying.

So Ivy can take Standard Actions for 2 rounds before she passes out. Sound Good?
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 01:43:16 AM »

Sounds good. Thanks. I'll post tomorrow as I'm going to sleep soon.
Jester
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 03:52:55 AM »

Is Rash'Gar still clinging to Star's back behind the wagon?
Doomed Hero

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 10:08:35 AM »

No, this happened earlier-

In the back of the wagon the cloaked archer had once again retrieved his bow and wasted no time launching a snap shot out the back into the creature clinging to Star.

I think the OOC damage may have gotten lost in the chaos. You took 11 points of damage to the right arm (reduced to 9 by armor, so 3 went to wounds) and failed your Wound save, so you were stunned for one round (this round). Being stunned causes you to trop what you're holding, in this case, Star.

Go ahead and write a reaction now if you'd like.
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 11:06:02 AM »

Mountain Team One reporting in.

Dunkin stats
TwiceBorn
Editor

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 10:11:04 PM »

Are we really going to get some action soon? I haven't been reading the IC thread.

Just a heads up that next week will be really busy for me workwise, and that may limit my posting availability, but everything should be stable again by the first week of October.

Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 11:48:03 PM »

Yeah, actually I'm going to be out of touch for the first week and a half of Oct...if you need to NPC Dunk feel free to
Doomed Hero

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 04:16:24 AM »

Well, I guess I can try to drag this out for a few more weeks.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 02:38:34 PM »

Is there at least a somewhat unobstructed path to the spellcaster?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:17:26 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 04:31:41 PM »

Not even a little. The spellcaster is closely flanked by two cloaked figures on either side, a wounded erenlander male (Mandag, toward the front) and a wounded elfling woman (ivy, toward the back).

Ivy and Mandag are both hurt badly, but Ivy seems the more alert of the two.

The only unobstructed path would be from above.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 04:50:25 PM »

Fox-

Normally Expedious retreat is a personal spell, but I like this and it gave me an idea.

I think this should set a precedent regarding how your path works. For personal/touch based spells, I think you should be able to cast them on other people provided you have a "seed" of sorts. Think of it like moving some of the duration from the original target to another target. This would even let you "cast" spells you don't have on your list provided they are already in effect. You cast them by touching the spell's aura, and then touching the new target. The old target loses some duration (as per your Instability power) and the new target gets it.

I'm trying to think of a way to word it that isn't too confusing or verbose, but in this case the gist of it is that Ivy can use Haste as the "seed spell", yank a piece of it's aura off and put it on Eirik's horse. The trick is that you have to touch the horse to do it.

That means you'll need to jump from the wagon to the horse and then "cast ex. retreat" by moving a piece of the Haste spell from you or Eirik to the mount.

Normally you'd be reduced to only a standard action, but for an Action Point I'd let you add a move action to make the jump.

What do you think?

By the way, I frickin love your last post, so even though I'm asking you to change it I'm still giving you a +2 Karma bump for being awesome.

The Path wording change to represent this new ability will be coming soon.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 02:19:22 AM »

Alright then, post updated.  Xein will now attempt to climb the canvas to get atop the wagon.  Using an action point to boost skill check.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:24:53 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 04:13:45 AM »

Consider it done. You can either try to stealth and attack next round, or not bother and get the attack this round. Which would you like?

It's also important to note that the horse hasn't been magically accellerated yet. It's just a light horse (they have the Run feat, and the Boros haven't been at top speed because of all the turning, yanking and fear they've been dealing with) so it's momentarily caught up but the Boros are going to pull ahead pretty fast.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 04:16:32 AM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 12:09:56 PM »

At this point Xein doesn't want them to see this coming if he can avoid it.  So he'll use stealth and wait for an opening next round.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 11:48:03 AM »

Xein- Alright. Go ahead and give me a descriptive post.

Fox- I'm still waiting on a response from you and an edit to your last post.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Clarion Quietus (OOC) Part 2
Jump to: