Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2020, 03:23:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

You can enable or disable the quick reply box in your profile, be sure to change the settings to suit your own preferences.
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Against the Shadow the comic?  (Read 6031 times)
crustbucket
Heepa-Heepa

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« on: August 14, 2012, 09:18:14 PM »

i've been planning this for years but as we all know, life can be difficult sometimes.  anyway, here is a quick mock up "cover" image for the comic that i've been wanting to do for years.  i have a small story in the planning and have already done some of the layouts but i could use a knowledgeable co-writer or two to help with future stories.  in the meantime i will post pages as they are done.

* AtS cover 01.jpg (143.25 KB, 289x432 - viewed 641 times.)
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 10:08:57 PM »

Hey crustbucket.  Very nice first page you have.  Hopefully you can continue to make them.  We'd love to read them.

Have you seen Gabbage's comic?  It's a couple years old, but he still posts on the boards and might e interested in working with you...who knows?

I look forward to seeing more of these.

Dunkin stats
Gabboge
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 10:38:11 PM »

Oh don't drag me into anything you want to do long term Laugh

I have a nasty habit of petering out on projects. Problem was that the comic took upwards of 9 hours per page. I have tried other comics sense but they petered out too. This one was my favorite

http://voipcomics.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d3c536q

\"No Mr.Bond..... I expect you to die!\"  -Travis.
Nifelhein
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +22/-0

Whisper's Will

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:04:41 AM »

Hahahaha. It is veru interesting, crustbucket.

Comics-wise Gredavin, also known as Kurtis Wiebe https://www.facebook.com/kurtisjwiebe?ref=hl is a comics writer now, when he was active around here that was a far off dream of his, and I am glad he fullfilled it.

Also, Kane is quite the writer and has a lot of stories you can find on the forums, and maybe, who kows, he might want to give some of them or some new ones a graphical look.

"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects."
 - Attributed to Herman Melville.
crustbucket
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 08:36:22 PM »

yeah, i saw gabboges comic years ago.  i liked it a lot and wish he could continue with it.  but i understand about the 9 hours per page thing.  that's what has been preventing me from doing one until now.  i've figured out a way to minimize the time spent per page but as you can see it leaves a bit of an "unfinished" look.  i've decided that it was either that or not do one at all because i definitely can't devote nearly that amount of time.  also, i think it lends to the grim and gritty nature of the setting anyway.  i've also seen some of kanes stuff but reading the white text on a black background terrorizes my eyes after a few minutes.

anyway, here's page one.

* AtS 01-001.jpg (732.37 KB, 1176x1789 - viewed 597 times.)
crustbucket
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »

page 2.

* scan0001.jpg (46.23 KB, 282x373 - viewed 598 times.)
TwiceBorn
Editor

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 01:26:03 AM »

Very impressive. I agree that black and white sketching fits the tone of the setting better than more polished colour illustrations would. Do you already have a full story in mind for your first issue? Looking forward to seeing more. The first panels are intriguing, to say the least.

Nifelhein
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +22/-0

Whisper's Will

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 06:21:02 AM »

Really good drawing!
crustbucket
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 05:55:58 PM »

thanks guys.  yeah, i have a story arc in mind but i haven't plotted out that many pages yet so i'm not sure how many pages it'll be.  i do plan to show the grim and gritty nature of the setting to the max, though.
crustbucket
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 10:25:17 PM »

page 03

* ats 01-003.jpg (70.24 KB, 289x462 - viewed 597 times.)
TwiceBorn
Editor

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 10:31:46 PM »

I especially like the last panel.
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: Against the Shadow the comic?
Jump to: