Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 22, 2019, 03:01:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Did you know that to post outside of the Meta forum you must log in
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: A funny thing happened on the way to the Obsidian Spire...  (Read 1839 times)
Sunderman
Heepa-Heepa

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« on: December 30, 2011, 05:42:38 PM »

Thought I would share something with you all.

My group is currently on a desperate mission to try to cripple the undead legions of Sunulael.
They encountered a pair of Razors sent to stop them.
(That is a very tasty monster by the way.)
After some serious combat and near death, the crew successfully defeated the demons.
A MONSTROUS lore book roll by the party's channeler allowed her to have some insight into the whole "don't touch the demon seed" thing.
SO the party decided to crush the seeds.
The channeler levitated the seeds and one of the fighters shifted flat stones under them and the channeler set them down on the slab.
Next the team found another large stone and moved it close to the first stone. Solvae (the channeler) levitated the second stone until it was slightly higher than the seeds.
The fighters nudged the stone so that it was over the seeds and she levitated it as high as possible then let it fall.
I thought this was a very resourceful use of a non-combative spell.
I suppose I could have been a prick about wind effects on the rock, etc, but I loved the ingenuity.
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 09:22:43 PM »

Hey Sunder, that is a pretty cool thing that your players did.  I've always found that rewarding ingenuity is always a good thing as it inspires future creativity.  Now reward that ingenuity by getting the group noticed by a nearby animal possessed by an Astirax.  Maybe give them a chance to try and chase it down before it reports what is saw.

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 09:34:06 PM »

Also, Razors are not a resource the shadow just sends out and forgets. Someone is going to notice that their favorite pet assassin demons died and send even worse things in larger numbers to investigate.

Luiniel's Astirax suggestion is a great way of kicking that off.

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: A funny thing happened on the way to the Obsidian Spire...
Jump to: