Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2019, 08:20:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

If you are unsure how a given part of the site will work, try using the help page, it can help you use codes and navigate the site.
Poll
Question: What was your favorite character moment in the Wagon Chase scene?  (Voting closed: November 04, 2011, 11:58:49 PM)
Kael: for ripping Eirik through the canvas and slamming him to the ground. - 3 (27.3%)
Amethyst: for supporting and saving the people around her in spite of her own weaknesses. - 1 (9.1%)
Dorin: For lifting the wagon and making it possible to escape at all. - 3 (27.3%)
Ivy: for fantastic descriptions or having bizarre things happening to her. - 2 (18.2%)
Ilona: for letting her emotional reunion light her friends on fire. - 2 (18.2%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: CQ Vote Thread  (Read 6011 times)
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« on: October 21, 2011, 11:58:49 PM »

Voting will lock in 14 days and reveal the results.

Anyone may vote, (even non-players so long as you are following the game)

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
TwiceBorn
Editor

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 10:36:19 PM »

DH,

I have not followed other players' scenes and honestly don't have time to go back and read them, so I unfortunately will not vote in this round.

Doomed Hero

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 11:15:41 PM »

Understood. No problem.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 11:23:46 AM »

As a reminder, voting closes tonight. If you haven't yet, you need to.
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 04:27:12 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, after three long weeks of waiting the polls are in.  Who will win the favorite character moment contest?  All votes have been taken into account and here now are our contestants.  (Spotlights please)

Will it be:

Kael the Prophet hunting Defender, who very nearly succeeded in his mission when he literally ripped Eirik off the wagon but was caught off guard when fate had other plans.

Amethyst the cunning Factotum, who aided her fellow resistance members despite her own shortcomings in  combat by using her wit.

Dorin the Juggernaut Barbarian, who single-handedly steered the wagon through sheer strength and went toe to toe with the Alpha male of the pack of wolf-men.

Ivy the Elfing Rogue, who risked her life time and again during the wagon chase to aid those in need and discover a hidden power within herself.

Ilona the fiery Sarcosan Fighter, whose touching yet ultimately tragic reunion with her family was cut short in the face of the oncoming darkness.

And here to deliver the results is our host, Doooooomed Herooooo!!  
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:16:25 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 04:53:51 PM »

Ladies and gents, let me just say that it's an honor to be here tonight giving out this prestigious award. Izrador couldn't be here tonight, but he sends his, well, whatever he uses in place of love, he sends that. Oh, and that fruit basket in the lobby came from him too. He said to say that you all have his condolences for what I'm going to put you through and that if you need anything, just give him a call.

Anyway, enough of me blabbing. This is about you guys. Luniel, the envelope please. Thank you. I see you've been trying to peek. Shame on you, you little freak. Get out of here. *kick*

Now, without further ado, I give you all the Most Impressive Character award for the Wagon Chase encounter....
Doomed Hero

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 04:56:42 PM »

In third place we have Amethyst! Come accept your award you sexy little know-it-all!

On behalf of all of us I'd like to present you with this Action Point. Good job, you earned it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:16:48 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 04:58:57 PM »

In second place we have a tie! Ivy! Ilona! Get up here.

Each of you receive two Action Points, and this letter from Izrador saying that he looks forward to your impending doom.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:17:08 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »

And the winner is...

Another tie! Ladies and gentlemen we have another tie!

Dorin, Kael, I think you may have to fight to the death over the prize.

Ok, I'm kidding. For the moment anyway. I'm sure you'll have to fight to the death at some point. For now each of you receives one Bonus Trait!

For Kael, you receive Ambush Artist: Whenever you attempt a combat maneuver against a flat-footed enemy you receive a +2 Trait bonus to the roll.

For Dorin, you receive You Will Move: Your Strength is considered 2 points higher for the purposes of determining your Encumbrance values. You also receive a +1 Trait bonus to your CMB whenever you perform a Push, Pull or Reposition combat maneuver.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:18:01 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 05:19:31 PM »

If you've received a prize, please post here to acknowledge that you've received it and that you've updated your character sheets.

Anyone else who'd like to post congratulations is welcome to.

To the winners, good job.
Sholano
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 05:32:50 PM »

Thank you, thank you so much! This one goes out to my buds in Roland's Raiders, I wouldn't be able to lift heavy things without their help!

I'm sure that I'll make good use of this award in the near future, and even though I have to make a new spot on my character sheet for it, it'll look all nice and shiny hanging out there.

"You want me to what?! ... Gimme a minute."
Dorin's combat data | Dorin's character sheet
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 04:36:13 PM »

Thanks everyone!

Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +5/-0

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 05:01:04 PM »

A particular 'thank you' to whoever was kind enough to nominate me in the first place.  And I'm glad to see my own nomination, Dorin, doing so well. Smiley

Ex infernis, spes
Amethyst's Combat Stats
Homp
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 10:15:11 PM »

Wow! Thank you to everyone who voted for me, particularly to whoever it was that nominated me in the first place. I also have to give a special thanks to Gorse, without his training none of this would have been possible, so thanks boss.

I really appreciate this, and I promise I'll use this new trait to take Eirik out once and for all.

Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 03:27:55 AM »

A heartfelt thank you to my nominator and the voters.
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: CQ Vote Thread
Jump to: