Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2020, 03:53:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Our site is made by the fans for the fans. Support the Midnight community and register yourself today.
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Under a Pale Gray Sky [Character Generation]  (Read 1702 times)
Harrowed
Editor

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-1

« on: September 04, 2006, 08:00:51 PM »

" He who fights with monsters might take care,
lest he become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you."
- Nietzsche, "Beyond Good and Evil"

Theme

Choices and the ramifications of those choices.

Will it be the light or dark?
Will legions of Orcs chant your name as a battle cry.
Will mothers whisper your name to protect their children from the Shadow.

Decide, because the world will end soon.

How will you face that end, face bathed in the light or cloaked in embrace of shadow?

Situation at game start

It's the year 99 of the Last Age. All the characters have been in the service of Legate Theorin Sabin for at least a year. Whether the character serves out of choice or duress is up to the player.

The game will be starting in the Southern Erenland area.

Character Creation Rules

Starting Level - 3rd
Stats - 32 Points
Allowed Sources - The range of Midnight books plus the TOS. Anything else must be cleared past me, I'm welcome to hear ideas that you might have.
Starting gear - 1,200 GP worth.
Legates allowed as a starting class
Orcs allowed as a starting race.

House Rules for this game

I will be using the rules from Bastion Press's Torn Asunder. For those unfamiliar with the book it contains rules on critical hits, critical effects, blood loss and healing (Short and Long Term). A post will be put up detailing some of these to assist in character generation

Armor bonus does not apply to armor class, however wearing armor grants a base damage reduction equal to the armor bonus. This Base DR applies to physical damage inflicted by weapon, device, natural attack, etc ...

Posting Requirements

I'm looking to create more of a storytelling game so I'm looking for players that are willing to put some "prose" into their posts. Also posters with some time available to post at least once every 3 - 4 days.

PbP rules on posting in language by color are going to be used. They can be found as a sticky at the top of the Play by Post forum.

I like the cut of your jib. How do I subscribe to your newsletter?
-RPG.net
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: Under a Pale Gray Sky [Character Generation]
Jump to: