Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2018, 11:46:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Check the links box on the front page, there you will find all Midnight sites we are aware of.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Meta Thread (Clarion Quietus and Quietus Clarion)  (Read 69841 times)
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #225 on: August 31, 2017, 12:58:36 AM »

Sorry about the horrible delay everyone. Life has been bumpier than usual the last few weeks, and what I hope to be the final semester at my current college has just gotten under way.

As long as you stick with me, I'll stick with this game.

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +5/-0

« Reply #226 on: August 31, 2017, 03:48:35 AM »

I was about to post up and ask if you were okay....

Glad to see that you're still with us.  And good luck with your studies!  Smiley

Ex infernis, spes
Amethyst's Combat Stats
Jester
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0

« Reply #227 on: August 31, 2017, 06:58:47 AM »

I will be here.

Thanks LB
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #228 on: September 01, 2017, 03:28:35 PM »

No problem, Luiniel. Good luck with your exams.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #229 on: October 05, 2017, 10:55:55 AM »

Hey guys, sorry for the momentary delay on game updates, it's been a busy few days. Expect updates late tonight or tomorrow. We'll get both sides moving again.
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #230 on: October 05, 2017, 02:57:18 PM »

No problem
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #231 on: October 07, 2017, 06:13:27 PM »

I really do enjoy writing up conversations where Clouse is present. Him being a Marshall class gives me an excuse to get characters who are otherwise silent or very direct in their answers to open up more and get them to really think about why they are doing the things they do.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #232 on: April 17, 2018, 01:06:11 AM »

Okay, here we go.

Hello everyone who is still paying attention!

First off, let me apologize once again for my extended radio silence. I hit a rock wall for a bit with my running of the game and then it was followed up by a combo attack of work, personal life, and school which decided to punch my face in for a while. Of course I could have mentioned this while it was happening, but my motivation was shot.

Having just beaten back a big assignment and everything else calming down, I can say that I am back and will be resuming games shortly.

p.s.
While I am currently in a recovering mood, I will say that it is coming up on the last few weeks before finals, I may very well be jumping into radio silence again and thought I should be giving you guys a heads up on that. I will try to let you know this time around.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #233 on: May 29, 2018, 01:54:05 AM »

Hello everyone, it's been a long time again.

I'm sorry for my extremely elongated absence. Truth be told, I'd been in a creative slump for a while. That combined with finals, graduation, revelry at such, further celebrations, the start of summer, and preparing for my best friends wedding has been time consuming.

I suspect that I may have actually lost any following in so far as this game is concerned due to my silence... but just in case, I'm here again. Sound off if you're still here.
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #234 on: May 29, 2018, 06:11:13 AM »

Still here
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #235 on: June 01, 2018, 07:50:12 AM »

there and on the lookout, if a bit busy.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #236 on: June 03, 2018, 03:26:36 AM »

Well what do you know, alright then!
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2018, 03:58:40 AM »

So, I have a few questions for all of my remaining players here. Don't worry, this isn't my "Hey guys it's been great but..." speech. but it's definitely something like that.

Do any of you play other play-by-post games on other sites?

I'm sure those of you who have paid enough attention know that I have mentioned the Pathfinder Paizo forums from time to time. I am an avid player on those boards too.

Not to cast a complete cloud of doom and gloom upon this post, but lets face it, this particular forum appears to be dead. Ever since Fantasy Flight botched their attempt to make the Midnight Chronicles, they haven't released anything for it and I'm fairly certain they'd stopped supporting the books before then. The forum's been in decline for some time now. I mean I practically learned how to navigate forums thanks to this site alone. Now I'm not even seeing guests looking around and browsing on things. Fairly certain I'm the last holdout now. It's hard too, I've been coming to this site since 2007 back when it was bustling with activity, but now it's so quiet.

You guys have been such great players, I'd like to finish out the current arcs on this site but then maybe continue playing on a forum that is still active.

What do you guys think?
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2018, 06:10:21 AM »

I'm game for anything you would like.

I only play in one other play-by-post. It's a Traveller game on Yahoo. I don't really care for the Yahoo forums at all. And the game itself is meh.

Perhaps on an active forum you may be able to pickup up a few more interested players.
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2018, 03:03:37 AM »

Not only am I in a number of PBP games on the Paizo forums, but I'm also writing a series of articles on PBP for the Open Gaming Network

OGN Network articles:
Introduction to Play by Post
Making the Cut
Posting Format Basics
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2018, 03:27:00 AM »

Wow, that's super neat! Very well organized too.  That should prove to be helpful to newer PBP users.

All active players should roll a Karma check in their respective OOC boxes.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 03:44:58 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2018, 06:08:56 PM »

I do a little other PbP, but RL has really been kicking my *bleep* for... way too long now, so I keep losing touch with anything I sign up for. :/

Not that you guys might ever have seen any evidence of that, of course....

And yes, those are very nice posts, Ilona. Smiley

I admit that I have a fondness for this place, and would be reluctant to abandon it.  Not least because RPG settings do periodically get resurrected out of the blue.  But I can understand a desire to move to a more active venue.

Paizo's forums, I remember as being remarkably ill-suited to RP - but it's quite a few years since I tried to do anything there.
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2018, 09:41:00 PM »

I'm not currently playing any other PbP.  I hear you on the Nostalgia bit LB; I've been on AtS since the forum before the forum before this one.  But I agree that the site has been declining for years now.  FF stopped supporting it, then the end of 3.5 put another nail in the coffin.

I'd love to see a 5e rework of Midnight, but the boards here definitely aren't active enough to support that effort, and probably really haven't been since 2010 or so.  But that's what happens when the books aren't printed anymore and nothing new is released for a ~decade.

That said, maybe as Exile says there will be a rebirth. That'd be something to hope.

Dunkin stats
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #243 on: July 18, 2018, 10:12:08 AM »

Hey guys, my bad on not posting for a while there. I was going to yesterday but then got horribly distracted and lost my train of thought.

I'm going to be out of town and busy with my best friend's wedding for the next few days. I'll get back to posting and moving the story along after that. Thought I should let you know.
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #244 on: July 23, 2018, 04:32:04 PM »

No problem at all on my end.  RL remains horrendously distracting (I can now throw 'Alzheimers' into conversation as relevant to what we're dealing with - but at least it's an official diagnosis...)

Yet again, catching up belatedly after assuring you that I'd try to do better....
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #245 on: July 26, 2018, 03:53:30 PM »

Man, long car drive, high heat that I'm not used to dealing with, mishaps with my order for the tuxedo, big city traffic, dealing with a friend's medical issues, running around with only a few hours of time to myself here and there, a very tight schedule to keep, dealing with meeting new people, making parents do what should have been automatic responses, going to the hospital for my friend and picking him up at 2 AM, getting ready for the wedding, the actual wedding itself which was amazing in all respects.  All in all it was a very stressful 56 hours and I feel like I can better understand how heroes do so much in so short a time.

I feel like I may have leveled up myself.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 03:58:14 PM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #246 on: August 02, 2018, 10:07:55 AM »

Congratulations on levelling up, Luiniel - what class did you pick?

And... your wedding, or someone else's?
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #247 on: August 05, 2018, 12:15:54 PM »

Luiniel, that sound stressing. I hope you are well. It seems to be the time for weddings. I have seen first hand how hard this can be for frinds and family. Make sure you are to have time for yourself and rest.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 12:19:18 PM by Siona33 » Logged
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #248 on: August 06, 2018, 04:53:09 AM »

Thank you for your kind words. But now that I've had my time to rest, I think it's time I get back to running your games.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #249 on: August 06, 2018, 05:19:00 AM »

Quick questions for my players:

I often try to set scenes up for you guys that there's a lot of things you could interact with, or talk with other people in your respective groups about. But I only occasionally set things up for you to talk with someone directly. I feel like a lot of times I do give you various scenes to play with but then they aren't really looked at.

Is it that I'm going too fast with them? Would it be easier if I were to have people from your groups or other NPC's come to talk with you directly, maybe starting off with various questions or just comments about what's been happening?

I don't necessarily like forcibly moving the story to the next point where you are suddenly forced into a random fight against something or have to make certain skill checks to not die but I could do that.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Meta Thread (Clarion Quietus and Quietus Clarion)
Jump to: