Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2019, 07:44:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

If you liked something, say so, if you think it can be bettered, say so, commenting on threads and giving ideas for the site are always welcome.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Meta Thread (Clarion Quietus and Quietus Clarion)  (Read 93640 times)
Jester
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0

« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2013, 07:36:24 PM »

Hey I'm easy. Anything to speed things up and help out DH. I'm here for the story first and formost.
TwiceBorn
Editor

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »

I'm willing to give it a try.

Aiso
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2013, 11:39:29 PM »

Sounds interesting. I like it. Let's do it.

\\\"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth\\\"-Einstein
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2013, 02:41:22 AM »

As I mentioned earlier, this sounds like a great thing to try.

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-0

« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2013, 09:00:04 AM »

So long as it's interpreted flexibly, it should be fine.  And I think we can trust DH not to seek ways to hose us. Wink

Ex infernis, spes
Amethyst's Combat Stats
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2013, 02:03:39 AM »

well, at least not to hose us for this reason.  It is Midnight after all...there are any number of ways built into the system for the GM to make the players suffer without even trying...heh heh

Dunkin stats
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2013, 12:49:52 PM »

That could work, it's worth a try.
Le Noir Faineant
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2013, 04:09:33 PM »

Whatever you guys decide.

neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2013, 11:50:50 PM »

So the Wyrd spell thing might need another ruling/clarification as we level up to 2nd level. I originally thought I'd be picking new spells but here is the text:

Every time you gain access to a new spell level (every two character levels), choose four spells of that level from the Charismatic Channeler list as your random spell list. These spells can be of any school other than Greater Evocation and Greater Conjuration. Any time you successfully drain energy from a spell, if it is of a level that you can cast, you may choose to replace one of your current spells with that spell (even if it is a spell that is not normally on the channeler spell list)

Your effective caster level for determining which spells you are able to cast is equal to 1/2 your character level. Spells you cast are Charisma based. You may not use your Instability power to syphon magic off of spells you cast yourself.

So RAW, I read that as I don't pick any more spells until 4th level (when I would get access to 2nd-level spells). If that's correct, my question about picking spells is moot unless you think the circumstances of the game warrant it. But this brings up another question. The Instability power reads:

If a spell is in effect on a creature or object, you may make a touch attack to syphon off some of it's power. If the touch attack is successful, the Wyrd makes a Caster level check (using thier character level as their caster level)...

Is that difference in effective caster level (1/2 level vs full level) intentional? Also Spell Splitter mentions caster level without making clear if it's 1/2 or full level.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:53:40 PM by neverfox » Logged

Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2013, 04:55:06 PM »

You are correct. You get a new random spell list every two levels. Every time you are exposed to a new spell that you could cast (according to your level) you may swap out a spell from your list for the new spell.

I think the wording might be confusing. Caster level is equal to character level. The max spell level you can cast is equal to 1/2 your character level.

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2013, 07:17:09 PM »

Do you happen to know what spells the elves were slinging during the battle?
Doomed Hero

« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2013, 02:58:43 PM »

Which one?
Fates Chagrin
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2013, 09:43:26 PM »

I believe that Haste was the only one you've been around so far.
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2013, 08:31:36 PM »

Ah yes, Haste.
Fates Chagrin
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2013, 08:44:19 PM »

Just a reminder, Eirik healed Dorin with a Cure Light Wounds spell.
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2013, 08:58:56 PM »

Had we been playing it such that if Ivy was exposed to spells that were too advanced, she ended up with the possibility of a spell that was related but lesser? For example, Haste -> Expeditious Retreat?
Doomed Hero

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2013, 12:24:10 AM »

Yes, definitely.
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2013, 09:26:55 AM »

Ok Changed Siobahn's theme song, Spitfrie definitely fits more now that she's gotten in the thick of things a time or two.
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2013, 11:08:40 PM »

Had we been playing it such that if Ivy was exposed to spells that were too advanced, she ended up with the possibility of a spell that was related but lesser? For example, Haste -> Expeditious Retreat?

Similarly, if you approve, Ivy's Charm Person is now Bless as a result of the Greater Heroism spell.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2013, 01:01:52 PM »

That works for me.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2014, 02:41:23 AM »

Calling all Players in Both Games!

I want feedback on something I'm seriously considering-

I've been playing in, and running, games on Paizo.com for quite a while now. I'm seriously considering moving both Midnight games to that site. I find their site architecture much more conducive to play by post games. There are a lot of features that really help speed up gameplay.

Pros:
Internal Dice Roller- the rolls can be handled in gameplay immediately, speeding up combat a lot. There wouldn't need to be anymore "post your action in OOC, wait for result, post in gameplay"
Character Aliases- Your character sheet and current status are easily found and edited, and would be displayed clearly every time you post, automatically.

Cons:
Loss of late-term editing- paizo locks a post after about an hour, so we couldn't go back and edit things as easily.
Loss of moderator control- Here, we have our own sub-board which gives me the ability to edit other people's posts when necessary. On Paizo I don't have that.

Please discuss. I'd love to hear any strong opinions one way or another.
Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-0

« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2014, 06:49:48 AM »

I think that the Paizo boards look quite pretty, but have never found them easy to navigate.   Even things I know I have found in the past, I can find really quite difficult to locate again.

I also find the enforced (at least, I've not found a way to change it) wall of white to be rather tiring on the eyes.  Here, I can have everything nice and dark. Wink

That said, I'm sure I'd manage to learn.

Have you considered other forum-posting options?  E.g. RPG Crossing (formerly D&D Online Games) allows in-thread rolls, doesn't cap the time for post-edits, and has the option for a dark, image-free background.  But to get more of this game, I'll go to whatever forum you need me to. Wink
Doomed Hero

« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2014, 12:28:04 PM »

Paizo recently added a "campaigns" tab in your profile that tracks online games you're in. It makes getting updates and finding your thread again super easy. It also keeps all the threads for a game under one heading.
TwiceBorn
Editor

« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2014, 11:35:21 PM »

I can go either way… but I do like the idea of keeping the game here on ATS, which helps maintain activity on this site.
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2014, 01:06:42 AM »

I'm with TwiceBorn on keeping it here to help maintain activity here on AtS, but if the group decides to move to another site I'd be fine following there.  The lack of dice-rolling feature here doesn't bother me greatly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Meta Thread (Clarion Quietus and Quietus Clarion)
Jump to: