Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 12:33:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

You can enable or disable the quick reply box in your profile, be sure to change the settings to suit your own preferences.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Meta Thread (Clarion Quietus and Quietus Clarion)  (Read 92192 times)
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2015, 11:22:20 PM »

I'll be the first to admit I'm not as confident a GM as Doomed was. I don't want the group to grow too much larger than it already is, 9 is probably pushing it. But since the party is only at 7 that's okay for me. Have the player go ahead and post a character or talk to me about playing one that is currently inactive.

I have it on fairly good authority that Nefario's player is probably not returning. Eirik also remains open. I don't know yet about Mandag, though I heard that he was fairly busy even when Doomed was still running. I'll say if the interested player wants to take over him, it be with the caveat that the original player can make a claim for him.

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Dadalama
Heepa-Heepa

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2015, 05:27:36 AM »

I am Chris

I'm tall with facial hair straight out of the 90s. My favorite rpg is GURPS and my favorite doctor is the 7th. I'll probably be making a new character.

Also Neverfox invited me.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:30:29 AM by Dadalama » Logged
Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-0

« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2015, 05:51:10 AM »

It's always good to know who to blame. Wink

Ex infernis, spes
Amethyst's Combat Stats
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2015, 06:02:58 AM »

As TB said, surreptitiously playing other characters seems quite fitting for the setting.  No problem from me.

Dunkin stats
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2015, 09:45:43 AM »

Alright then Dadalama, welcome to the game. Things won't be starting up right away so there's no immediate rush for your character to be made. That said, depending on what you had in mind you could be joining the game sooner rather than later. So when you have some time, why don't you post your idea here on the thread and we can brainstorm some ideas to help flesh out your character a little more. Of course I invite everyone to pitch in and help our new player fit in.
Dadalama
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2015, 03:24:23 PM »

I'm not entirely sure just yet, I was thinking of going with an "agenty" rogue of some sort. Like an assassin against the shadow or something of the sort. I'll probably be human too.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2015, 03:44:49 PM »

Okay Dadalama, I'm not entirely sure how familiar you are with building characters but here's some things to check out. This is a bit intensive at first but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.

Basic Rules Changes
http://www.againsttheshadow.org/index.php?topic=1700.0

Major rules changes
http://www.againsttheshadow.org/index.php?topic=1703.0

Character Creation Thread
http://www.againsttheshadow.org/index.php?topic=1701.0
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #157 on: July 01, 2015, 12:02:07 AM »

Alright folks. I've talked the talk long enough. Now, without further delay, it's time to get this train moving again.
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2015, 03:35:07 PM »

FYI, I'm on vacation through Monday.

Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2015, 03:57:59 AM »

Okay, thanks for the update.

In case Dunk or Ivy missed it, the Dorns are waiting on a reply from either of you.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2015, 12:15:21 AM »

Alright then folks. The long awaited scouting mission to find out where the two Dornish boys went, is over. Time to finally check back in and get this show moving along.
Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-0

« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2015, 04:37:01 PM »

Yay!  =)
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2015, 12:08:53 PM »

Arg, lost notifications too. I'm back and catching up.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2015, 03:15:32 PM »

Neverfox, if you would like to contact your friend Dadalama and let him know he can start posting, that would be awesome.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2015, 01:46:52 AM »

Ah right, something I realized I should have mentioned earlier for Timeon. As you are rather brilliantly minded even for a Sarcosan, you do receive a number of starting points which can be used for languages. For each point of a modifier you have you gain 2 points that you can spend on starting languages. With your 16 intelligence, this nets you 6 points.

As a Sarcosan, you start off automatically knowing Colonial and Erenalnder, as fluent languages. Bonus languages you could have learned include *Courtier, Halfling, Norther, Orcish, and Traders Tongue.
*As a note, Courtier is a far more difficult language to master and therefore cannot effectively be spoken until you have a basic level of understanding.

I note that you already have fluency and even literacy in Traders Tongue. Normally this is a difficult thing to learn save that you are a Speaker and have access to the spell comprehend language, so no problem there. This means you still have 2 points to put into the remaining languages above.

As a side note; I've always wondered why Speakers aren't better at mastering languages than other people are, given that half the idea is that they are a speaker. To that end I think I'm going to give you a bonus language slot that you can use any time you gain the Persuasive Speaker path ability. It's my own little tweak that I'll be adding to the Heroic Path that is otherwise a solid choice.

As a note, this is sort of supernatural effect that occurs once and can be used only in certain conditions. The Language you learn can be any one, including difficult to learn languages. You must hear the language being spoken at the time and must have comprehend languages active when you use it. Don't feel pressured to use it right away, but you may use it to gain fluency in any of the language listed above.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 01:49:18 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2015, 02:21:41 AM »

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:23:51 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0

« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2015, 03:06:24 AM »

Sounds fine. Looking forward to it.
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2015, 07:44:26 AM »

Does anyone recall where, in this haystack of threads, we might have posted our level-up rolls?
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2015, 02:09:31 PM »

Sorry, I've been going over the previous postings from time to time but I do not know where the level up rolls have gone. I feel like if you were to go back to the "dream like" story events that Doomed offered us extra V.P. to write up maybe you'd find them. But that was a while ago.
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #169 on: August 09, 2015, 02:12:13 PM »

I was just trying to check my numbers which, skill points aside, I'll just assume are correct. Not really worth the effort.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2015, 12:55:37 AM »

... Uh hello? Anyone?
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2015, 07:34:36 AM »

Present and accounted for sir
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2015, 01:07:53 PM »

I've been swamped. Slowly coming out of my hole.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2016, 09:37:29 AM »

Oh Rash'Gar, there you are! I had actually continued the game on your side a while ago. I'd set up a possible encounter for you, but then you never responded... or maybe I didn't make it clear enough? I'd honestly thought you'd grown bored of waiting and had stopped visiting the site altogether. Um well yeah, now that I know you're still waiting, I can get back to posting for you.

Pheros, it's understandable. I would like to keep running the game, but now with the loss of Kjellan and everyone else... At least not until Rash'Gar can join you.

I'm think I'm going to try and open the game to recruitment again. Hopefully it will be able to be picked up again. If either of you know anyone who's looking for a pbp game, let them know.
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #174 on: February 21, 2016, 01:43:54 PM »

Finally found all my Midnight material in my storage. Hope to start posting again shortly for Rash'Gar
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Meta Thread (Clarion Quietus and Quietus Clarion)
Jump to: