Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2018, 11:15:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

If you want to keep in touch with all Midnight news, subscribe to our News Forum, then every time a news item is posted you will be notified!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Quietus Clarion (IC)  (Read 269073 times)
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #1275 on: September 03, 2018, 12:34:22 PM »

"No, Rash´Gar  seems to have found something. He  must have found something.  He is good at spotting spotting things that are subtile or unimportant to others. Somethimes i think his senses may be even attuned to the more etheric side of things. Westward then."
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1276 on: September 15, 2018, 06:55:57 AM »

The decision to follow Rash'Gar's instincts made clear by Aliya, Clouse just shrugged his shoulders and gave his squad the orders they needed to maintain a quickened pace.

And so the band continued westward.

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #1277 on: September 29, 2018, 03:01:40 PM »

Aliya was a bit weary . The weather was giving her a headache. She just hoped these special insurgemts were worth it. She let her senses wander a bit and observed her surroundings for a bit.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1278 on: November 06, 2018, 03:30:28 AM »

Travel came hard and fast. The days were filled with intense marching made somewhat easier by Clouse's insistent orders and pace. Rash'Gar led the group by a strange sense of direction and a feeling that he was going the correct way. The days turned into weeks of hard travel across the reddened plains of Erenland. Xein eventually awoke from what Aliya could only determine as some sort of intensive shock to his system.

Then the rains came, it slowed progress somewhat as the group but with Clouse still barking his orders they moved onward. The scouts occasionally found signs of wild animals but they had mostly gone to ground.  Hunting was scarce and meals had to eventually be taken in smaller portions but they had been well supplied, not to mention Aliya knew of a blessing that kept her at a comfortable temperature despite the poor weather conditions and she had found a blessings from Izrador granted one nourishment in the form of a rather bland tasting bread and tasteless meats.

Eventually Rash'Gar found a scent of wood smoke up ahead.
Jester
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0

« Reply #1279 on: November 06, 2018, 10:14:54 AM »

Rash'Gar stopped in his tracks upon smelling the smoke.

Silently signaling Flit and Wisp to join him.

He instructed them to wait as he headed back to the main group. Upon reaching them he addresses Aliya and Clouse.

"Smoke ahead. we need to move slow and quiet. I will scout ahead with my pack and send one back to let you know what we see."

With a quick glance at Xein.

Are you well enough to run with your pack Brother ?
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #1280 on: November 07, 2018, 02:15:18 PM »

" Be carefull. Smoke can mask an ambush. With that she she spoke a prayer to Izrador while touching Rash´Gars shoulder . Her Voice was quit and the gesture that of an old blessing used in Sharuun for good fortune.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1281 on: November 10, 2018, 04:11:59 AM »

Xein nodded to Rash'Gar. I can hunt again, brother.

Rash'Gar noticed that his brother had been more cautious as he'd healed from what should have been fatal wounds. The new burn scar around his neck served him as a reminder of what happened when one let down their guard too much.

Flit and Wisp approached Rash'Gar, the two Goblins had become more adept when moving together over the last few weeks. Perhaps it had been because of Clouse's training but  the two of them seemed very synchronized now.

Red moved parallel to Aliya now. The small reddish goblin was now found to be watching and guarding her day and night. Sometimes she was sure the little goblin had not slept from the look under his eyes but it never seemed to slow him down any and he kept up with the rest. He'd added some bulk recently, or so it seemed to her but then she supposed that would have to happen, given all the gear he carried.

Clouse ordered his group to set up a perimeter and also be ready to move on a moments notice.
"York, skirt along the edges of the area, make sure there are no surprises."

Upon returning, Rash'Gar gathered the scouts and moved forward into the smoky terrain. The air was thick and heavy here, buildings were distantly covered in smoldering soot and ash. Several had apparently burned down to their core building blocks.

Rash'Gar first took note of a building which had only been partially damaged by the fires. It's door stood ajar currently. Flit and Wisp seemed to be interested in a building further along which resembled a  stable which had been smoked out badly. A pair of horses lay dead outside. Finally, there was a stone building further on ahead. It was taller than the others and seemed to have weathered the fires just fine here.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1282 on: November 18, 2018, 07:11:46 AM »

The Partially damaged building:
As Rash'Gar neared the door of the burned out building, his keen senses heard the mutterings of someone from within. The speaker was using the colonial tongue of Sarcosans and seemed halfway in and out of sobbing. The scent of burnt meat hung heavy in the air.

"It makes no sense. I was always loyal to Izrador. I was always devout in my beliefs. Why? Why did this happen to my family?! ... ... ...  It makes no sense. I was always loyal to the Izrador."

The smoked stables:
The two Goblins passed by the dead horses. It looked as though they had been butchered by a single expert but jagged cut. Inside they found evidence that several other horses had fled but the scent of smoke and death forced the goblins back with little else.

In the outskirts of the town:
Aliya waited for news from the others to return. This level of devastation did not seem conducive to a full on battle, but it didn't seem like a raid either. Clouse did a short reconnaissance to the east around town but stayed well in sight with King Blanket and Lacky.

The Orc, Sardric, stood near Aliya surveying the town quietly until he finally spoke.
"Heard this happens. Not seen. Enemy?" he did not seem to know, or perhaps simply assumed, the Aliya knew his language.

A few minutes later, York returned hurrying over to her. "Legate! Legate! Come quick, found soldier! Not well, barely alive!"
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #1283 on: November 18, 2018, 08:45:19 PM »

Rash'Gar stopped dead in his tracks. After getting the attention of Flit & Wisp, he motioned for them to cover the back of the dwelling.

Ready Brother ?

With crossbow in hand he crept quietly to the door. He then pushed in in and entered, ready to point his crossbow at the man
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1284 on: November 19, 2018, 07:10:18 AM »

Yes. Brother. We move together. Xein intoned as he followed.

The two goblins circled around the back of the house. Meanwhile the voice of the man continued his sobbed and choked ranting.

The door gave the slightest creak as Rash'Gar entered in but the man gave no notice that he had heard anything. As Rash'Gar rounded a corner leading into a sitting room, he found the Sarcosan man slumped in a defeated kneeling position. He was wearing tattered and singed looking clothing. The sleeves appeared to have caught fire and mostly burned away revealing scarred and burned flesh beneath. On the floor in front of him lay several burned bodies. One woman, and three children. An adolescent boy and two younger looking girls.

Rash'Gar could sense no life or spirits from within their bodies. They were all dead. But the man gave off a very mild sensation that sent hackles rising from Rash'Gar's senses and a dull throb came from his wound. He could tell this man held a direct connection to Izrador in some way.

"I was always devout in my beliefs. Why? Why did this happen to my family?! ... ... It makes no sense. I was always loyal to Izrador. Always devout in my beliefs."

This man, he is lost to his emotions. I think he is dead inside.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 07:12:42 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #1285 on: November 20, 2018, 09:21:57 AM »

Rash'Gar studied the man before him.

Brother, get Flit and Wisp. We will have them take this man to Alee-ahh. The witch may want to question him

Not lowering his crossbow Rash'Gar spoke.

"MAN...What went on here?"

Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #1286 on: December 03, 2018, 03:00:40 PM »

Aliya moved towads the injured man. The signs of life weare weak in him. Weak, but there none the less. If he proved loyal and helpfull then she might perhaps be able to help him If not, then he deserved none of her compassion. Insurgency meant death. This was Izradors will. bUT SHE WOULD WAIT AND SEE

" What happened here? who did this? I might be able to help you but i need to know the what exactly transpired here. Talk. I see to your wounds.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 03:03:51 PM by Siona33 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Quietus Clarion (IC)
Jump to: