Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2018, 06:42:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Due to heavy spamming guests cannot post without inserting an image verification, if you are seeing one, you are not logged in.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Quietus Clarion (IC)  (Read 231891 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 333



« Reply #1225 on: February 04, 2018, 10:03:46 AM »

Without waiting for the others to decide Rash'Gar gathered the goblins and their gear.

Brother, they are wasting daylight. We will start scouting ahead.

with that Rash'Gar and his two followers head west towards the comfort of the plains
Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1,463


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #1226 on: February 11, 2018, 06:34:22 AM »

Xein sighed but understood his brother's impatience. They were getting close to home again. Which meant the pack was close too. Though they both knew they wouldn't be able to return until bidden by Lord Skinner or they had successfully finished with the rest of their mission. They had never been without the pack for so long. Although Xein was completely different and Rash'Gar was of a new breed, they had both been accepted by the Alpha as members of the pack. Lord Skinner had seen to that.

The night of the wagon chase flared into the Elfling's mind as he'd finally hit the familiar grassy home territory. The victory should have been theirs. The pack had been there with the Alpha leading it. They'd caught up to the wagon. Never had the pack lost before when their prey had been in hand. But then they'd managed to escape. He'd watched, wounded but hidden from above, as the elven witch had cast her spell to make the horses move much faster than they should have been able to. The Alpha male trampled along with several other pack members. Then the alpha female had howled, calling off their pursuit.

Then later at the Dwarven fortress of Durgis Rock. They should not have escaped there either. He'd struck against the elven witch, wounding but not killing her. Then that other Elfling, Ivy, had shot him in the head with an arrow.

He'd been lucky, it had been a glancing blow but had stunned him and left a scar along his forehead which he rubbed at.

At Rash'Gar's prompting, Xein was pulled out of his thoughts and the group moved along after the Gnollgren heading westward.

Plains of Erenland Late Summer
Just over 9 days later, Rash'Gar was beginning to gain a sense of familiarity with the plains and could sense the changing of the season was nearing. But this morning he sensed something else, it was distant even to his keen senses, he could smell smoke in the air. And more so, there was the faint scent of blood.
Logged

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Siona33
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 134


« Reply #1227 on: February 11, 2018, 02:50:02 PM »

Aliya would trust Rash´Gars judgement. He was a good tracker . Better than any others she had med. She personally would prefer to go west. Water was a compelling argument. And perhaps it would be possible to intimidate the peasants in ratting out the insurgents. Legates are scarce in these parts and  between her  and sergeant clouse who knows...
Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 333



« Reply #1228 on: February 13, 2018, 09:40:15 PM »

Rash'Gar stopped momentarily. Taking in deep breaths through his nose and mouth he concentrated on the smell of smoke and the scent of the blood.

After a few moments he motioned to the two goblins and the grak,York.

"Smoke that way", as he gestured in the direction of the smoke smell.

"Be silent"

Beware Brother, I also smell blood in the wind

With that he set out in the direction of the blood and smoke.
Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1,463


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #1229 on: February 14, 2018, 07:12:51 AM »

The two Goblins followed Rash'Gar's words without any hesitation, moving ahead stealthily.

York scanned the direction Rash'Gar had indicated, but instead he turned and began moving back towards the rest of their group.

Xein watched the Grak move back but let him go. "Blood? A wounded hunt or a fresh kill then. Let's scout ahead Rash'Gar." Then the two brothers began moving ahead through the grass stealthily.

Meanwhile...

Clouse and Aliya moved in the middle of their group. The days had been filled with a lot of overland traveling but not much else. Thus far there had been little in the way of other travelers or traffic of any sort. The hours had been filled by Clouse talking about anything Aliya could ask the Hobgoblin who could recite the events of entire days or any events he felt like remembering. Lackey suddenly looked over and began excitedly pointing out someone was coming. Red wandered over and met York coming back from up ahead.

"Report." Clouse said.

"The wolf, said he smelled smoke. I did not see anything but I trust his senses."

Clouse frowned but looked to Aliya. "Hmm, it could be skilled hunters attempting to hide their camp fire. They'll likely scatter when they hear us coming but we shouldn't ignore them either."

Up Ahead...

Rash'Gar moved through the grass, the sensation of the smoke grew steadily stronger and so did the scent of blood. He could sense where Xein was even though he could not see or hear him. He was not immediately sure where Flit or Wisp were.

Then he began to smell the scent of rotting meat in the air and he began to pick up on the tracks left in the ground. Orcs had been through here recently. Then they had started fighting. At first Rash'Gar thought it might have been themselves as Orcs he was told were occasionally prone to do, but no, he started picking up on Halfling tracks too.

Finally, up ahead he spotted a clearing with something strange in it. There was an area several large pieces of wood had been erected into a large X-shape. Tied to it was what appeared to be an Orc. The Orc was either dead or unconscious although it was difficult to tell. Not far from him was where a burn pile had been made. It looked as though bodies had been dragged from many directions and piled together and then burned.

Sitting next to the smoldering fire were 4 halflings. They were all armed with short-bows and hunting knives but they looked wounded. The face of the two Rash'Gar could see were dejected and their expressions haunted as they stared into the fire. They didn't appear to have noticed anything.
Logged
Siona33
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 134


« Reply #1230 on: February 21, 2018, 01:48:13 PM »

We should stay alert.  This terrain is not well known to either of us. It could be boting but better safe than sorry.
Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 333



« Reply #1231 on: February 27, 2018, 09:00:06 PM »

Stay hidden Brother

Rash'Gar moved as slowly and as quietly as possible into the clearing.

When the halflings became  aware of him he stops.

"Do not run or you will die"
Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1,463


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #1232 on: February 28, 2018, 04:58:35 AM »

Rash'Gar could normally tell when Halflings were close by. Lord Skinner had tested his bonding ability with him and other Halfling servants. It had always worked but only with Xein had the bond gone beyond several dozen feet at any time. He was sure he'd be able to hear their thoughts after showing himself to them but there was nothing...

All of the wounded Halfings grabbed onto their weapons and looked up at him.  Their haunted and dejected faces seeming to jerk or twist out of their reverie into something resembling snarling smiles.

"Run and we'll die, huh? You're funny."

"Look! He is a Wogren."

"Not fully, he is something else too. But he speaks our language."

"We won't run, we're already dead... and soon... you will be too." The first said loudly pointing

Brother... behind you! Rash'Gar then heard the unmistakable twang of 3 arrows being loosed.


« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:01:52 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 333



« Reply #1233 on: March 03, 2018, 08:48:14 AM »

Rash'Gar ducked and moved to his right.

He kept moving around the edge of the clearing keeping his distance from the halflings as he drew his longsword.

Trying to position himself opposite his companions.
Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1,463


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #1234 on: March 11, 2018, 06:23:24 AM »

"Oh look, many meals coming to us!"
"I can't wait to dig in!"
"One of us, I wonder how he'll taste?"
"Everyone up, now! You three, chase after the large one. Can't let him get away!"

As Rash'Gar readied himself, he heard sudden rustling of bushes and three feral looking Halflings bearing fangs at him came rushing him from all sides. Two had what appeared to be large gash marks across their arms and chests, while another seemed to have been shot with several large arrows as evidenced by the broken shafts. The vardatch wounds had been fatal by sheer ferocity and savage nature of the Orcs. But the bow shots were of expert marksmanship targeting vital organs. All of this went through the Gnollgren's mind in an instant as his sharp instinct let him pick up that another enemy had moved up close behind him. This one was not rushing in like the others however, it had the patience of an ambush predator.


Still some distance back, Aliya was noticing various tracks that had come through here some days ago. They were not easy to spot, hunters or perhaps slavers had come through the area. They were large tracks, Orcs she was fairly certain though they did not have the typical hobnailed boots, but before she could ascertain more, she began to hear distant sounds of shouting in a language she did not recognize. It was coming from the direction Rash'gar, Xein, and the goblins had gone.
Logged
Siona33
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 134


« Reply #1235 on: March 13, 2018, 02:41:05 PM »

Aliya followed the track. She  cant aid Rash´Gar fom to far away. Better to stay out of  immediate danger and summon backup. It would come to her then. Izradors will be done.
Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 333



« Reply #1236 on: April 03, 2018, 08:07:57 PM »

Rash'Gar turned slightly to his right as he felt the heat rising in his body. Swirling around him were the spirit wisps, also attacking his foes.

Letting loose a ferocious growl he used fang and claw to remove the Halfling creature from his side.

Logged
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Quietus Clarion (IC)
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
AtS Dark Mercury design by Nifelhein, based on the Mercury theme by Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 78 queries.
TinyPortal © 2005-2011