Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 17, 2017, 03:25:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

If you are unsure how a given part of the site will work, try using the help page, it can help you use codes and navigate the site.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Quietus Clarion (IC)  (Read 197506 times)
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1125 on: April 07, 2017, 02:17:01 PM »

"Rash'Gar, doesn't something seem... strange with these two?"

Amidst the sounds of chaos and fighting Rash'gar could barely make out the cries of anger from another of the attackers that Clouse was dealing with.

"Izrador damn you all! I'll not die like this. Grraaaaggh!!"

From 30 feet or so away Rash'Gar felt the familiar aching pain shoot up from his unsealing wound and he could make out thin wave of Darkness burst outward.

There was a curse and a shout from Clouse.

"Cultists?! Hurry kill him now!!"
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 02:22:05 PM by Luiniel Blades » Logged

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Jester
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0

« Reply #1126 on: April 09, 2017, 07:40:17 AM »

As he continued his assault on the dwarf Rash'Gar tried to place his opponent between him and the evil.

Brother, things are not what they seem
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1127 on: April 11, 2017, 02:13:25 AM »

Shadow Camp- East side

"Aliya" was aware as she hurried along, from the sounds of things that a good many of the Orcs were being grouped together in relatively large areas and holding back. It was then she realized something strange. Some of the voices of the Orcs that were clearly slower to react and were hurrying to join the ranks late, seemed to stop yelling and were met with calmer words.

As she finally made out the hulking form of the familiar Ogre form and several smaller forms, Lacky who rode on top of King Blanket was in his usual spot, and Red the strangely burly Goblin who stood at attention with his Tower Shield, she noticed a cloaked humanoid figure standing some forty feet off by himself. To Aliya's senses, he appeared to be meditating.

The Grak York made his way, slinking out of the shadow in a casual manner towards her.
"Mistress, you came... alone? Where is commander and Sergeant Clouse? "

As she got within easy speaking distance, she felt a moment of strangeness.

Shadow Camp- Command tents
Rash'Gar circled his opponent attempting to have him face the area of Dark energy should another wave come.

He needn't have bothered, he realized a moment later. A harsh pained shriek came up  and he saw the man whom Aliya had blinded crumpling to the ground as three gleeful goblins stabbed him almost in unison. The final blow came from Clouse himself as he stabbed the downed man in the back with a shortsword. He then motioned for the very mildly singed Goblins to rush forward.

Xein stopped moving as fluidly as he dared and exhaled sharply staring up at the much larger opponent. The Dorn believing he had a chance to slay his opponent took it... and missed. As the heavy weapon swung wide, the Elfling sprung into action leaping at his target. Catching the Dorn in the primary arm, Xein cut deeply into the arm with a bloody gash and seemed to have cut a vein. Reacting visibly the Dorn threw Xein off with an kick and swift turn of his body.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 02:57:24 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #1128 on: April 11, 2017, 06:15:54 PM »

Rash'Gar moved in and savagely attacked the dwarf yet again, this time with fangs and claws.
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #1129 on: April 12, 2017, 07:06:14 AM »

Aliya was relieved to have safely reached the others.  The Fire and the fight caused her to be in a constant state of hypervigillance. She had channeled Izradors power for quite some time and would need to meditate soon. She masked the pain she was in and concentrated on the figure before her. Something not quite normal was going on but she needed to relay what happened." We were ambushed by insourgents. Sergeant Clouse found me and our tracker Rash´Gar outside our tent. We were in the process of moving out and were attaket.The commander of this camp is dead and Sir Riddar is catatonic if not dead.Sergant Clouse said it was from a blessing performed by another Legate. It looks like a deliberate action. The circumstances of the Legates death were suspicious. Just as i was about to investigate the fire and murder we were attaced.  One was a sniper that was for cetrain. Then came more and our backup arrived. Sergeant Clouse thougt it would be better if i made my way here. I agree with him as i was able to hold the sniper at bay for a shhort while but in a full out fight i would be useless. The odds were in their favor and i would not want to cause them to lose.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 07:21:09 AM by Siona33 » Logged
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1130 on: April 14, 2017, 01:52:16 PM »

Shadow Camp: Command Tents:

In the dim glow of the burning tent fires, blood flew from the Dwarfs throat as Rash'Gar bit down on the Dwarfs throat. Blood ran down from the wound covering both the wolf man and his opponent. Rash'Gar's claws went to work, the first clipped the collarbone of the Dwarf who was reeling back from the savage blow, the second claw however pierced the Dwarf where his heart was. The Dwarf was unable to withstand the ferocity of both attacks at once. His blades dropped from both of his hands and onto the ground. He stood there, helpless and Rash'Gar could see his eyes begin to glaze over with death.

The cut along the Dorns arm from Xein's dagger was deep, having struck a vein. The Dorn was visibly reacting to the blow, his arms shaking but he held his ground. Perhaps having seen his companion fall. He did not do more than grunt out a ragged and pained breath before abandoning the target he couldn't seem to hit and move in at Rash'gar. It was obvious he was trying to move fast but he couldn't quite make his body move as quickly as before. He took a cut along his back for his troubles from Xein but he ignored the light blow. Bringing his blade across in a swing that the Gnollgren dodged away from.

Brother, we'll finish him together. Xein nodded as he rolled behind the Dorn to strike at him once more. The  Dorn's leg strained under the focused blow of the Elfling and nearly gave out. He could stand but would have to hobble on in now.

Shadow Camp: East Side

York nodded to the words of the Legate before him. He was clearly concerned and looked out towards the distant fires.
"A wise decision, Legate Aliya. Although what you say is concerning and while I fear for Sergeant Clouse's safety, we were told to await you here and I will not disobey that order. This situation... will probably be dealt with soon. I don't know what the Orcs are doing over her but please wait with us. We'll keep any untoward visitors from approaching."

Aliya found herself nodding, the assurances given to her by the Grak were nice to think about ... ... but something didn't seem quite right to her. She knew he could speak Trader's Tongue just fine, it seemed that Clouse insisted everyone in his command speak a common language, except for Red whom she had never heard speak. York had always seemed a little on edge and never said more than he had to.

It was like a fog cleared in her head. Somehow there was a powerful lulling sensation over this area. Something that made her feel the same way being inside a warm house, with a fire crackling on a cold and rainy night with her mentor quietly reading a book made her feel. Though she had only had a minimum of training against it, she recognized this as enchantment magic.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:12:55 PM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #1131 on: April 15, 2017, 09:47:41 AM »

Swiftly turning his attention to the Dornishman, Rash'Gar continues his murderous assault.

Now with his brother. Lets finish this quickly Brother
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1132 on: April 15, 2017, 03:43:27 PM »

It was over in seconds. Rash'Gar's bloody assault against the Dornish warrior was as swift and brutal as it had been against the Dwarf. The Dorn's pilfered vardatch dropped to the ground first as his bloodied right arm lost all of its strength. Rash'Gar having severed the tendons. Somehow he still stood, much like the Dwarf some sort of unnatural resilience held him up even then.

Xein's final strike to the back of the stunned warrior is what finally did him in though.  Involuntarily the Dorn coughed out blood and the light faded from his eyes before he fell to the ground.

Seconds later, they both turned as they heard the sound of Clouse and three goblins neither of them recognized came running over to them. The Goblins looked around expectantly as if they were looking for trouble. Clouse merely took the scene in and looked to the two of them.

"Heh, the two of you are fast. Are either of you badly injured? We can't stay here long. There are an unknown number of assailants and I sent Aliya ahead to meet up with the rest of my squad." as he spoke the Goblins began to wader over to the two slain warriors. Possibly inspecting them for goods or to make sure they weren't alive. Clouse tracked the movements and then cocked his head in puzzlement.
"Wait, what?! They aren't armored? That doesn't make sense, the cultist was wearing armor. Why would some of them be wearing armor and others not? And the weapons, the human using a vardatch I understand, its easy to get one and they're a large weapon that kills easily. But the Dwarf has weapons for one of his race. What's going on? Isn't this a war encampment? Why isn't this area swarming with soldiers?!"

Xein and Rash'Gar's minds calmed themselves quickly at Clouse's questions. Somehow the battle lust was quelled when the Hobgoblin was around and it was much easier to think.

"Did either of you notice anything strange?"

Xein nodded. "There was something about the way they fought. I'm not sure."

"Think, Xein. Take a deep breath and clear your head." At Clouse's admonishment, Xein took a step back and looked at the two bodies, he focused for a few seconds and this his eyes began to glow with a light purple hue.
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #1133 on: April 15, 2017, 06:55:21 PM »

Feeling a calm come over him, Rash'Gar moved to inspect the dead.

Pausing at each one to not only thoroughly look them over but to  also tear off a piece of  blood soaked cloth from each and placing them  in one of his belt pouches.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1134 on: April 16, 2017, 04:03:24 AM »

Both of the two dead bodies had nothing more on them than shredded clothing and the weapons they'd carried. But now Rash'Gar had two distinctly different smelling sheds of cloth in a pouch.

"... ... There's magic on them." Xein said.  "There are four auras in all. Two auras on each. Both are modestly strong but one is more powerful than the other...." As he continued to focus there was a cracking sound as wood came down and the burning tent fell to the ground. He glanced at the tent.

"Focus Xein." Clouse said.

"Right." He turned his attention back to the two bodies. "The auras are... overlapping somehow I can't... no, wait. They're all enchantment based magic. Some kind of enhanced aggression spell was placed on one of them. It made them stronger and more resilient but also lessened their ability to reason, they would have been harder to stop."

Clouse nodded. "You know a lot about the workings of magic."

"Lord Skinner saw to my education about it."

"Good to know. Now let's hurry and try to find Aliya."
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1135 on: April 16, 2017, 04:40:38 AM »

The group of them hurried after Clouse who moved them through the camp. Distantly they could still hear shouting and sounds of fighting and from a distance they thought they could begin to hear the sounds of a booming voice from the northern side of camp. Ignoring all of that they ran to the east. Finally breaking through the lines of temporary constructionists, they saw the rest of their group. King Blanket was easily spotted as Lackey rode on his back. He gave a halfhearted wave. York stood looking at them and seemed relieved that Clouse had returned but was obviously not thrilled by either Rash'Gar or Xein returning. Red was standing next to Aliya who spotted them too. The three Goblins that had come with them seemed to instinctively move to stand next to Flit and Wisp who wandered over to stand next to Rash'Gar.

Nearby they spotted a group of about 30 or so Orcs who had set up a defensive perimeter but they were not doing anything else at the moment. A Legate in black robes stood by in concentration or prayer. The smell of smoke was rising in the air and in the distance fires continued or bloomed into existence among the screams of fighting and battle cries of Orcs, Goblins, Dwarves, and Dorns. Yet somehow it felt distant and like everything would be okay.
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #1136 on: April 16, 2017, 09:19:30 AM »

Looking around at his comrades Rash'Gar cannot understand their attitude. They seem to have no fire in their hearts. Even his Brother.

The female human, Aliya ? seems to be unaffected.

Addressing her,

"We need to find the enemy"

Speaking to Flit & Wisp "Stay here and follow Clouse's orders until I return"

Brother, I am going hunting. I will return soon

Loading his Crossbow, Rash'Gar slips quietly into the shadows and starts hunting for the enemy
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1137 on: April 17, 2017, 01:24:39 AM »

Flit and Wisp both nodded to Rash'Gar.

Enemy? Rash'Gar, should I come with you? Xein's thoughts were confused and Rash'Gar could sense very mild concern.

Clouse looked over to Aliya. He seemed to have lost any motivation that he'd had a moment before, everyone's resolve notably lessened without his guidance. "Legate Aliya.... What.... what are your orders?"
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1138 on: April 18, 2017, 01:08:14 AM »

As Rash'Gar began to move stealthily, his attention changed from getting somewhere to hunting. Now he could feel an acute sense of pain accompanying a sharp focus point.

The man who was dressed in the black robes standing near the defensive lines of Orcs, he was holding onto what appeared to be some sort of vellum and was either praying or concentrating deeply.
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #1139 on: April 19, 2017, 04:26:08 AM »

Aliya was looking at Xein"Did you notice anything odd about your opponents? The fact that insurgents could enter the camp unnoticed and unhindered is troubling indeed. If anyone of you need healing now is the best time to do so. I am not willing to let you go in an unknown situation injujed. Others might do so,  but it should not be done."  Then she looked at Xein[ "Please follow Rash´Gar. Even if the Legate over there is a true one  he may not react well and Rash´Gar has no means to detect magic, so i will give you a blessing to protect you ."/color]
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1140 on: April 19, 2017, 06:20:57 AM »

Xein looked mildly surprised at Aliya's worry over him.

"As you say, Legate Aliya. I find it difficult to understand how so many could have failed to spot them entering especially given their temperament. They were influenced by several kinds of magics but I could only discern an enraging spell." He nodded to her as though her words encouraged him to move while casting her spell. Her protection in place, he nodded at her order.

"You're concern is noted but I am not hurt. I shall join Rash'Gar."  Xein turned away from her. It was difficult to tell with him subdued but he seemed uncomfortable.

Clouse came over, crossing his arms. Red was following after him now. "We are ready to move at your command, Acolyte Aliya. I do recommend we do not linger here any longer than necessary. Without Sir Riddar at our side, we are much easier looking targets. Although the Ogre should deter many, a solider Legate was perhaps our best defense in the mountains."
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1141 on: April 20, 2017, 08:06:02 AM »

Even as Xein wandered away from her and Clouse spoke, Aliya's mind was already hard at work discerning the nature of what was happening with the closest figure.

He was almost certainly a true Legate. His posture spoke of someone who was used to such demanding focus. He was not a Greater Legate of that she was certain. Nor was he even a full fledged temple Legate, Aliya could tell from his lack of adornment that almost all had. The robe hung loosely over his body which was lither in figure. So he was not a soldier Legate, although to be unarmored would be near suicide out here. His experience was limited.

But as she focused not on what the Legate himself looked like but on what he was doing, the words that Xein and Clouse had shared, and the heavy calm flooding the camp, the pieces began to fall into place.

The enchantments were some sort of increased area and powered version an emotion calming spell. There was no way he could be the one casting them, given how focused he was on the vellum in front of him, it was likely a spell that was prepared for him.

The enchantments upon the insurgents they'd fought were of a enraging spell. But not that of the sniper she'd blinded. He'd been, more or less, of his right mind.

Somehow, this individual was part of it all.
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #1142 on: April 20, 2017, 02:53:28 PM »

"You are certainely right, sergeant. This place is not longer safe for us. This entire situation stinks to heaven. Somehow the possibly of inside help for the insurgents got even more real. The enemies you fought were all under a rage spell, barring the sniper that is. And now" she paused: Are we under a spell. It is calming you, but it is a false calm designed to lull you in and trick you into complacy. If my suspicions are correct this Legate over there is the surce. Or rather his Vellum. There is a connection, trough i dont se which it is exactly. He is not a full Legate yet, maybe not even an acolythe he is inexperienced . He may be an accomplice or just a fool. The one who cast this spell orginally, that is the true danger.  Rash´Gar and Xein may be abe to interrupt his spell and escape if they do not spook the . We orcs into thinking them rebels. I do not know how far the Cancer has spread in this camp, but caution is advised. We should all get the hell   out of here prepare to move. Her Voice was firm und her entire demeanor focused, giving a even more eerie ambience accompanieng her words. Hopefully Rash´Gar would be okay.
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #1143 on: April 22, 2017, 02:41:45 PM »

Rash'Gar continued to watch the robed man from concealment.

Trying to discern what he might be doing and whether this was the source of the disturbance or some kind of defensive action.

Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1144 on: April 22, 2017, 08:28:52 PM »

Rash'Gar's own sense of magic use was limited. He had seem miracles being performed from Legates before and more recently forbidden spells cast from the heretic Channelers, but they were fast and over with in a few seconds and their effects were often notable and immediate. He could not truly discern what this man was doing.

"Rash'Gar, it's him. He's concentrating on the magic. A miracle is influencing the minds of everyone in this area. It's halting any feeling of combativeness... it's coming from the parchment in his hands. Distracting him enough or destroying the parchment will end the effect." Xein, Rash'Gar knew, had received a much more inclusive and intensive training on both types from Lord Skinner, both their true master, on the nature of such things. Somehow his brother could sense the difference between the two.
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #1145 on: April 23, 2017, 08:06:11 AM »

Rash'Gar takes careful aim at the human with the paper.

Be ready Brother, we may need to run

He lets loose with the crossbow, hoping to stop the pain in his wound
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1146 on: May 15, 2017, 03:16:26 AM »

With a solid thwack the hooded man's left arm jerked hard. The scroll he was holding ripped but did not tear apart.
"Mwa!! Aaagh!! My arm!! " The Legate swiveled in place, his gaze shifting around to from the nearby encampment toward where Rash'Gar and Xein looked.
"You've ruined it! You fools!" he snarled at them, pain and anger sounding plainly on his voice as he held the scroll out in front of him. "It'll be a minute anyway. More than enough time for me to SLAY YOU FOR INTERFERING!! " as he finished his sentence the scroll in his hand burst into flames that quickly turned black. The flames burned the scroll and then traveled up his arm, wreathing it in black fire.

Xein's eyes widened. Run, Brother! That man holds death in his hands.
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #1147 on: May 15, 2017, 02:50:59 PM »

Heeding his brothers advice, Rash'Gar flees at his maximum speed from the Hooded Man.

Using all available cover, dodging between or through any tents, trees etc.

Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #1148 on: May 15, 2017, 10:19:53 PM »

(Rolls in the OOC Thread)
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #1149 on: May 27, 2017, 11:16:37 AM »

Meanwhile Aliya rested. Her meditations and prayers were uneasy. Distractions gnawed at her like dogs. If only she could identify this vile sorcery.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Quietus Clarion (IC)
Jump to: