Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2017, 01:38:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Only Admins and Global Moderators can post threads on the News forum, but all logged users can reply to them.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Quietus Clarion (IC)  (Read 174595 times)
0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1,342


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #1100 on: February 20, 2017, 07:49:43 AM »

As Rash'Gar made his way about the camp, looking for a cloak to hide his features, he noted immediately that he was joined by the two Goblins he had picked up earlier.

Flit and Wisp both silently made there way to walk side by side behind him.

The Orcs around the camp watched Rash'Gar go with challenging eyes.

He smelled blood nearby and knew the Orcs were now feasting on the dead body of the slain Legate. It reminded him that the Legate had been wearing a cloak before the fight he'd gotten into. The Legate had been a fairly build and it was likely still there.
Logged

Currently reading: The Phantom Tolbooth
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 303



« Reply #1101 on: February 20, 2017, 08:00:34 AM »

Rash'Gar nodded approvingly to the two goblins as they fell in line behind him.

Having little luck finding a cloak he remembered the cloak the now dead legate was wearing. Making his way through camp he found himself back at the command tent. Watching for an opportunity to present itself he waited. Should that happen he planned to retrieve the cloak.
Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1,342


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #1102 on: February 20, 2017, 09:45:29 PM »

The commanding Legate Jenei said nothing more to Aliya as she tended his wounds. It was expected of the Umbral Catholicon members to tend to their seniors and officers without question. Aliya knew that she was dismissed afterwards. The other Legate in the tent, Karsten, seemed almost disappointed with Aliya's answer but did not press the issue further. Sir Riddar said that he was going to stay behind to finalize a few details.

She felt the presence of the wolf-like Rash'Gar exit from the tent and she quickly followed after him at a distance. The tension in the camp was notable as even the dullest of the Orcs in the camp knew that something big was about to happen with so many Legates gathering together.

She noted several Orcs throughout the camp look at the imposing outsider as he made his way around, they seemed ready to fight him but one Orc or another would see Aliya following behind and surmise that he was a bodyguard of hers and not act. At some point she realized that the two Goblins who had arrived back from a scouting mission after she had joined the group were now following him too, having seemingly appeared from the shadows. As she passed by directly many of the Orcs would stand straighter to attention or a few nodded in respect.

They didn't seem to recognize what part of the order Aliya was from, only that she was of the Order. There was power even among those in the Catholicon, this she knew, but there was more to be had among the faithful but uninitiated. She had no idea what Rash'Gar was doing exactly aside that he was looking for something. At some point he cirlcling the camp, roughly making his way back the way he came. As she started to follow, one of the Orcs asked. Here to interrogate the prisoners, Legate?

Eventually they found themselves back at the command tent where they had all started.

They did not have to wait overly long, for about ten minutes later Riddar, along with Karsten and Jenei exited the tent. Jenei wore a hard expression on his face now and left immediately. Karsten looked very neutral about everything but did turn to regard Jenei a moment before leaving himself.

Spotting Aliya, the knight came over to her. "We've been given our papers to pass through the checkpoint." he said holding a scroll tube in his hand. "Also we've been given the recently vacated guest tents on the north side of the camp to use for the evening. Rest up tonight, tomorrow we make for the checkpoints to leave the mountains. I need to inform Sergeant Clouse of this development." With that, he turned to leave.

The Command Tent was now empty, a perfect moment for Rash'Gar to grab the cloak from inside. There were, he noticed, several Orcs nearby casually watching the scene.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 09:55:13 PM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Siona33
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 106


« Reply #1103 on: March 01, 2017, 08:06:04 AM »

Aliya was quickly rearranging her supplies. If they were leaving she would be ready.
Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1,342


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #1104 on: March 03, 2017, 04:28:26 PM »

Shadow Camp:

It was well the middle of the night. Aliya had a chance to pray for her spells and Rash'Gar had been ready to go but the length of the day and the travel's caused them both to fall sleep.

Rash'Gar's preternatural senses perked up and he sensed a disturbance as both Flit and Wisp came rushing in.

"Leader! Wake, wake! Orcs angry. Camp burning!!" as he awoke, Rash'Gar could suddenly hear the distant sounds of Orcish yells of surprise and outrage. Xein bolted upright too at their intrusion and was standing before they could finish their shouts.

At the Goblins loud intrusion, Aliya was blearily awoken from her slumber. Sir Riddar however did not stir at all and lay as still as death.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 04:33:26 PM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 303



« Reply #1105 on: March 04, 2017, 05:04:24 AM »

Rash'Gar turned to the two goblins.

"Gather my gear,and yours. Be ready to move out "

With that he arms himself with his spear and moves to look out the tent flap to see what the disturbance is.
Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1,342


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #1106 on: March 12, 2017, 08:14:55 AM »

From the edge of the tent flap Rash'Gar was able to see dozens of Orcish soldiers moving about in hurried groups. Most appeared to be arming themselves and gearing up for what appeared to be battle. He could now detect the dense smell of smoke in the air. There was a lot more alarm than he had expected coming from the Orcs, his keen eyes could see that while it was not the command tent that was ablaze but another of the larger tents along with half a dozen smaller ones seemed to have caught fire.

Xein was just finishing putting his armor on, when Rash'Gar noticed that a good number of Orcs were gathering around the fire as someone began to give them commands. His supernatural senses had been causing him to take note of all of the moving targets which was causing his head to snap in various directions but things seemed to have finally calmed down when he was able to pick out three figures coming towards him rather than away. One from an eastern direction, one from the southern direction and another coming from the north where the Orcs were.

He almost immediately picked out the from of Clouse making a b-line straight for their tent. The Hobgoblin was easy to notice given the difference in size due to him and the Orcs. But while he sensed the closing presence of the Hobgoblin. Yet the other two were moving more slowly and from where he was he couldn't see them.

Behind him, Flit and Wisp hurriedly gathered his gear.

Aliya got to her feet and tried to perceive what was going on. From behind Rash'Gar she could pick out a number of large figures moving in and out of the camp firelight. There was a lot of shouting going on and she was sure she could smell smoke.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 08:34:58 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Siona33
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 106


« Reply #1107 on: March 12, 2017, 09:01:01 AM »

" Keep calm, it will not do tho panic when there is a fire. Something must have happened to disturb the orcs Maybe a revolt, maybe a attempt to sabotage our forces from our enemies. " She tought to herself as she was moving behind Rash gar. Sir Riddar was like catatonic and she did not know if he was alive still. She  moved  over and tried to wake him but nothing worked. She then got out of the tent and followed the trackers. With a bit of luck she could get help for him.
Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 303



« Reply #1108 on: March 12, 2017, 12:30:15 PM »

Brother, Clouse is coming. There are two others I can not see

Addressing the two goblins, "Keep packing,Stay out of the way and be ready to leave quickly"

Rash'Gar opens the tent flap as Clouse approaches.
Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1,342


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #1109 on: March 13, 2017, 02:03:14 AM »

"Our enemies do not seem to be in short supply. But it looks like Sergeant Clouse is coming." Xein replied to Aliya.

Strange, the Orcs as far as I can tell aren't subtle.  Which directions are the other two? You move to one and I'll deal with the other. Let Aliya speak to Clouse.

As Aliya stepped outside of the tent, Clouse spotted her immediately.

"Legate Aliya! Rash'Gar. Good, you're both awake. The whole camp is in an uproar. It looks like the Legate in charge of here was killed in his tent and then burned!" Clouse glanced around and as he spoke a small wrapped bundle flew out of the darkness, hitting the ground. "The camp is organizing now but there's still a lot of conusion as to what's going on. We need to inform Sir Riddar. Where is he? I haven't seen him in several hours."
Logged
Siona33
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 106


« Reply #1110 on: March 13, 2017, 05:19:43 PM »

"Sir Riddar is back in the tent. He was in a catatonic state. Neither the Commotion from outside nor i could wake him. He is to heavy for me to move him  out of the tent on my own. So i left to get help. I could not sense any illness in him nor signs of an ailment that may have befallen him during our talk with the commanding Legate. This with te death of the other Legate and a possible attak is highly suspicious. Sergant under other circumstances i would think this a case of poison. That or a sort of trance. Either a healing and meditative one as i have seen often during training, which would be odd as our Warrior Brothers dislike this sort of thing, or one caused by some sorcerous means."  Aliya seemed more stressed out. She was not a Poisioner and so she did not know to treat it. If the Camp weast on fire this would be no problem for her. She did have enough arcane knowledge and was well versed in the healing ars after all. "The Tent of the dead Legate would be a good start, maybe there are some clues to be gathered. Maybe his death has something to do with sir Riddars state. I would like to go and check it but i cant leave Sir Riddar without supervision.
Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 303



« Reply #1111 on: March 13, 2017, 09:04:14 PM »

Using hand gestures Rash'Gar indicates to Xein where the other two are.

There Brother

Rash,Gar tries to determine the nature of the bundle from where he is standing.

Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1,342


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #1112 on: March 14, 2017, 05:29:36 AM »

"Not a good time for this!" he muttered harshly under his breath.

Clouse looked at the tent and then back to where the glow of large fires could be seen before speaking to Aliya. "I can't be sure if that's the reason or not but It's understandable you wouldn't know. Sir Riddar was wounded severely during a raid against the insurgents we were dealing with. Some elves were there too, I don't know what exactly happened next but afterwards he was given some sort of surgical implant mixed with a blessing that was supposed to help him recover more swiftly by Lord Skinner. A southern Legate. It's where Rash'Gar and Xein came from. As far as I can tell it made him... less mortal somehow. When he rests it's only for about half the usual time we need, but during it its impossible to wake him."

"Either way, he's several hundred pounds in that armor. I'll have to grab the Ogre Blanket in order to move him."

Rash'Gar
gave a hard look at the strangely wrapped bundle on the ground and that's when his eyes noticed a tiny smoking light coming from just inside the seams.
Xein had just moved around the tent to the other side when Rash'Gar sensed alarm.

Brother!

There was the sound of two glass bottles breaking.
Logged
Siona33
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 106


« Reply #1113 on: March 14, 2017, 04:02:35 PM »

Aliya took the end of her Veil and covered the lower half of her face. All while she tried to discern what was going on and if the vials containing posion as she feared or if it was just someting to obscure. Her body was full of adrenaline ant she was ready to sprint out of the tent if needed. But fear was not a wise advisor and fleeeng without knowing what was going on was not worthy of a Legate of the Dark Lord. She Started to pray. It was a old chant, one that she knew Corvus had used when Rebels haf gotten in her families manor. He was able to summon a nine tailed whip. She knew her result would be different but she tried . Giving up wasnt her and she would show these scoundrels.
Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 303



« Reply #1114 on: March 14, 2017, 06:59:55 PM »

Rash'Gar  left back into the tent looking for cover.
Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1,342


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #1115 on: March 15, 2017, 04:01:30 AM »

As Rash'Gar dove for cover within the tent he noticed several things. The first was that the tent on the east and south sides had caught fire. It was quickly spreading.

Flit and Wisp both spun around at Rash'Gar's entrance as he came diving in and not a moment too soon as he heard the sounds of something solid punching a hole through both the north and south sides of the tent right about where he had been standing a moment before.

Aliya and Clouse, however, were not so lucky. An explosion occurred. A bright flash of golden speckled fire erupted from the ground showering both of them. Clouse was faster on his feet and seemed to avoid the worst of it while Aliya took the brunt of the explosion. Even as she began casting her spell was sure she heard the sound of two Crossbow strings go off. There was a dull smack as one bolt hit the tent nearby. But the other bolt found its mark as it smacked into her left leg for an explosion of pain. She gasped and nearly lost the spell, however her faith was not so weak that she would be deterred by such small things as pain.

Focusing through the power of her devotion to her God manifested in the form of a glowing grey Longsword which now floated at her side.

It was then she realized that both she and Clouse were covered in dull glowing specks of light.

Inside, Rash'Gar both saw and heard the golden flash of firelight. As it faded he noticed the main entrance to the tent had also caught flame.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:26:07 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Siona33
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 106


« Reply #1116 on: March 15, 2017, 05:50:49 AM »

Aliyas healing skills came atomaticly to her. As the bolt was not deep in she removed it from her leg and ripped a strip of cloth from her chemise to mak a temporary pressure bandage to stop the bleeding. Then trough it was a bit distrackting to do so with her wound, she directed the summoned sword to hit the guy who shot her.
Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 303



« Reply #1117 on: March 16, 2017, 06:58:21 PM »

Rash'Gar surveyed the scene. Moving quickly to Riddar he commanded the two goblins to action.

"Flit, Wisp, quickly take the gear and get out that way, cut through the tent", Rash'Gar gestured to the side of the tent not on fire.

Brother, Flit and Wisp are coming out. I will be following them

With that Rash'Gar slapped Sir Riddar as hard as possible to try and awaken him. Successful or not he then exits the tent through the rent left by the goblins'

Hopefully Riddar could survive the fire he thought to himself
Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1,342


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #1118 on: March 27, 2017, 02:28:08 AM »

The fire in the tent began to spread quickly among the tent and Rash'Gar could sense the panic rising from the two Goblins as they hurried to follow his orders.

As he slapped the Legate in the face his head jerked hard to the left but still he did not awaken. Flit and Wisp both had gotten to the west side of the tent and had cut it open with desperate uses of their daggers. The hole wasn't large but Rash'Gar powered through it tearing it more open as he got out into the night air and away from the rapidly burning tent.

Aliya saw to her wounds, quickly patching herself up as her blade whipped out at the shadowed attack from the front. While it was likely not meant as a boon to her in any way, the sparkling motes along her skin mixed with the fiery burning light allowed her to make out what she was doing much more clearly. She saw the figure dodge out of the way but not before the blade cut along his left arm. The figure hissed loudly in pain but did not immediately retreat.

Clouse rolled to his feet and began looking around the camp. Seemingly spotting what he was looking for he began shouting in short bursts of black tongue. "Hey!!" "You three. Here, now!! Hurry! Insurgents burn camp!"

Rash'Gar could sense Xein's rush of adrenaline. He recognized it as his brother was now clearly engaged in combat. As he took stock of what was going on, he could hear even further out more shouts of alarm coming from around the camp. Many of the tents were on fire and it looked like a few skirmishing fights had broken out. To Rash'Gar's eyes, chaos had broken out completely.

Further to the west of the camp where the command tent had been, it seemed as though some order had been restored as now a group of over 30 Orcs had been organized into a single unit by one of the Legates. They were now all armed with shields, helms and their Vardatches, but Rash'Gar could see them starting to hastily don the rest of their armor. They were getting organized but he could instantly see that by the time they were done getting ready, a lot more damage would likely be done to the camp.

Aliya could just make out the masked figure as her sword continued to harass him. "I've got something special for you." he spoke loudly enough to Aliya for her to hear him clearly. Just as he finished loading his crossbow.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:46:56 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 303



« Reply #1119 on: March 27, 2017, 08:49:29 PM »

Rash'Gar spoke to the two goblins, Flit and Wisp,

"Use what you have learned, hide at the edge of camp and wait for me"

Not looking to see if they understood Rash'Gar turned and using the chaos and shadows started searching for Xein.

Brother, I am coming

Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1,342


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #1120 on: March 28, 2017, 06:34:56 AM »

The two Goblins looked at each other but ultimately followed Rash'Gars orders heading to the south side of camp where there were less fires. He hurried around to the other side of the burning tent. In the glowing fire light he saw Xein fighting against two opponents that had managed to circle him. One was a Dornish human, he was actually using a Vardatch in both hands swinging it around in giant cleaving strokes leaving rents in the ground. The other was a Dwarf, he had a pair of Urutuks and was swinging them in tandem with the burlier looking figure. Strangely neither had armor and the Dwarf was shirtless, showing body covered with scars. They both appeared to be in a maddened frenzy.
Xein was dodging the attacks fast enough he was making the pair look clumsy. But just as he stepped in to make a counter attack against the Dwarf, the Dorns blade slammed down hard enough to shower him with dirt. Something must have gotten into his eye as he flinched and the Dwarf took the opportunity to knock the Elflings dagger out of his hand.

But now Rash'Gar had arrived and things were about to change. Good timing brother!

Aliya threw out her hand at her attacker and quickly chanted the mantra to her spell. Darkness coalesced at her fingertips and a wave of energy hit her attacker as he was taking aim. "Aaaghh, what, what did you do?! I can't see!!" he shook his head in rage and then blindly fired at her anyway, but his aim was off due to his thrashing around and the bolt caught her robe on the left arm leaving a puncture hole but failed to find to actually hit her.

A moment later three Goblins came running over. They appeared to be sappers but took to Clouse's orders quite readily. "There, insurgent trying to harm the Legate. Kill him!"
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 06:41:17 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1,342


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #1121 on: April 06, 2017, 01:24:47 AM »

The three Goblins moved in on Clouse's commands, as he led them in.

"Surround first, Legate Aliya is with us and we have her blessing. Now... strike hard and fast. "

"Legate Aliya, please move yourself. I'll handle things here, thanks to you. If you hurry to the east side of camp then Red, Lacky, York and the Ogre should be waiting for you."

Goblin 1 This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+7 : 13 + 7, total 20
Location This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d10 : 3, total 3
Damage This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d3+1 : 3 + 1, total 4
Sneak attack This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4
Goblin 2 This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+7 : 6 + 7, total 13
location: This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d10 : 10, total 10
Damage This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d3+1 : 3 + 1, total 4
Sneak attack This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1
Goblin 3 This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+7 : 9 + 7, total 16
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d10 : 3, total 3
Damage This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d3+1 : 1 + 1, total 2
Sneak attack This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 02:44:34 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Siona33
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 106


« Reply #1122 on: April 06, 2017, 01:53:14 AM »

Aliya did just that. She would be more hindrance than help in this fight, so she made her way east.
Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 303



« Reply #1123 on: April 06, 2017, 07:02:05 PM »

Rash'Gar could feel the heat as his body and mind began to rage.

He rushed the dwarf attacking Xein.
Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1,342


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #1124 on: April 07, 2017, 01:14:42 PM »

Shadow Camp: Raid?

Rash'Gar's attack was instantaneous and brutal. Fury boiling over, he bit the Dwarf on the shoulder tearing a joint. Although the Dwarf grunted in pain, he was still standing.

The Dorn continued his wild attacks against Xein although he nimbly dodged aside from the wild swings and managed a grazing cut along the left leg of the Dorn. Although bleeding now, he showed no signs of slowing. Rash'Gar was able to maintain the advantage against the Dwarf and noted something strange about the two. Although they were enraged, it was apparent to him on some level that they weren't used to it.

Aliya made her way through the camp to the east side  where Clouse had requested she go. Along the way she saw a number of groups of Orcs in the distance that while things were occurring, they seemed to be simply readying themselves in a defensive posture rather than rushing to help.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Quietus Clarion (IC)
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
AtS Dark Mercury design by Nifelhein, based on the Mercury theme by Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.092 seconds with 79 queries.
TinyPortal © 2005-2011