Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2019, 01:18:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Whenever you send a personal message it is not saved by default, either change that in your profile or select individual messages to save.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Quietus Clarion (IC)  (Read 306501 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2011, 10:26:47 AM »

The strange wolf creature stood at the entrance to the stables making the horses shy and balk. It glanced around and spied Riddar's massive warhorse just as the old knight was preparing to mount.

"Hope you know how to hang on, old man" the creature snarled, then jerked and collapsed bonelessly to the ground for a moment.

The warhorse whinnied in terror for a half a second, jerking against the stall hard enough to crack the timbers and then silenced suddenly before turning it's head to eye Riddar with a malevolent intelligence it hadn't had a moment earlier.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 06:13:14 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Gender: Male
Posts: 358



« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2011, 11:08:40 AM »

Feeling the icy coldness flee his body, Rash'Gar knew the malicious spirit had given up control. Taking a moment to regain his senses Rath'Gar looked towards Xein.

"Go Big Brother, I will follow as quickly as I can."
Logged
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2011, 12:38:20 AM »

"Xein." Lord Skinner's voice said carrying from the upstairs window overlooking the stables. "Take the Pack."
Logged
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2011, 12:49:20 AM »

Near the Cove, Central Plains, Arc of Obares, Foggy, Night

The Agent led the charge at breakneck speed, not caring a bit if the horse he rode found a stone or a hole. He was lucky the animal was sure footed. Behind him rode the two legates, as different as they could possibly be but still serving a common cause. Behind them were the monsters.

Fifteen snarling, savage creatures caught somewhere between man and wolf, weapons and light armor strapped on their bodies in strange ways that would not drag or catch while they ran on all fours. The Alpha of the pack was a massive black and grey beast with intelligent amber eyes. The strange albino halfling, Xein, rode it's harness with grace and ease while Rash'Gar loped along side. The Alpha snarled orders like a military commander. Breaking the Pack into smaller squads and sending them to flank and fan.

The legates were close enough to hear it. Riddar marveled at their training and at the potential uses of such a force. Illustrian could only wonder why in the world the creatures were speaking Dornish.

In the distance the grasses burned illuminating a wagon and perhaps a dozen figures frantically moving about in the glow. As they had approached they had seen a number of flashes of light and some strange dimming of all the light in the area, but they could not make out the source. Suddenly a bolt of energy shot upward from below the edge of the cliff, lancing into the sky like a beacon. In the flash and the fire they could plainly make out the silhouette of a woman standing in the heart of the mess, a long coat snapping in the wind, screaming something with all the power she could muster.

Only Rash'Gar's ears were sharp enough to hear anything over the thundering hooves. He could swear it sounded as if the human was calling for her mother.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 04:56:43 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Johanas
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +2/-0
Posts: 273


« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2011, 09:48:25 PM »

As he rode along, Roycilo tried to remember his riding training. He had ridden before, and on several occasions, but it was rare that he was in this kind of a hurry. His life wasn't this exciting normally. He had been pondering what he was caught up in, when a bright line of...lightning (fire?)...something...shot through the sky. He saw a woman silhouetted against the night sky. A witch. Now I'm interested.
Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Gender: Male
Posts: 358



« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2011, 05:49:10 PM »

Rash'Gar dropped back a few paces from his Sire and awaited his brothers first move.The smell of fire, fear and Dunni spore was strong in the air.

Move swiftly Big Brother and I shall be as your shadow, he thought to himself.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 08:06:59 PM by Jester » Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,570


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2011, 06:55:15 PM »

Sensing the hunt was finally upon them a wolfish smile spread on Xein's face as he readied his bow and waited till he is well within range to put it to deadly use.  He leaped from the alpha's back and immediately took careful aim at the wagon, while attempting to sniff out any trace of the witch woman or other untamed Channelers.

"With me brother!"Xein called out to Rash'Gar.  "We strike when the moment is right."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 07:12:41 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Exile
Bane of Legates
****

Spell Energy / Taint +5/-0
Posts: 926



WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2011, 07:36:03 PM »

Feeling more than a touch out of her depth, Amethyst eyed the on-rushing forces of the Shadow with a mixture of disdain, curiosity, and abject sweat-raising fear.

This did not seem to be one of the myriad situations out of which she could talk her way.  At least, not while protecting everyone else.

As a result, she fell back on what she had often disdained as the first (and last) resort of fools, and chose violence.  Forcing herself to half-rise, bracing against seat and foot-rest on the wagon, the smallish figure clad in the long duster, half mask, and broad-brimmed hat started to whirl her staff in an arc around her head, scything through the air above the gnomish driver and the main body of the wagon.

Selected in part for the visual impact it made, the great sling also provided a clearly audible cue to those nearby - a rapidly-mounting, thrumming, whirring threat generated as the length of worn leather and its captive missile whipped round and round in ever faster circles.

Then the carefully-chosen stone was released.  Worn smooth by long years and in a stream bed, then polished to a gleaming finish by many hours of being used as a weight in various pots of food and alchemical preparations, the dual-purpose bullet whipped through the air in a way that no mere hunk of rock lifted at random from the ground could match.  For target, Amethyst had selected the largest cluster of approaching enemies - hoping to catch one of the mass wholly off-guard while the apparent leader shouted instructions and drew their attention away from any possible threat presented by their intended prey.
Logged

Ex infernis, spes
Amethyst's Combat Stats
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Gender: Male
Posts: 358



« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2011, 07:45:25 PM »

Rash'Gar pulled up on the right side of Xein, his nose sniffing the air. Arming himself with his bow and waiting for his brothers instruction.

"Pick our prey Big Brother"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:04:15 PM by Jester » Logged
neverfox
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Gender: Male
Posts: 462



« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2011, 11:21:04 AM »

Just holding the bow at a relaxed ready allowed Ivy to go into a sort of trance. It was nothing that took her mind away from the situation but it gave her a sort of patience, the patience of a sniper. She wouldn't deliver her message to them until she could see the evil in their eyes. Then it would come from nowhere and everywhere.

Expect me, as pointless as it is.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:54:37 PM by neverfox » Logged

Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2011, 09:00:02 PM »

Reggie hunched in the firelight twisting and reaching as if trying to scratch a difficult to reach place. With a snarl of pain he came away with a bloody knife in his teeth. Spitting it into his hand he looked at it for a moment. "Ow." he growled dryly. "Nefario, i'm gonna..." he trailed off looking at the advancing hoard. His wolfen ears pressed back and his fur bristled. "Aw, damn." he growled. Wiping the blade on his fur for a moment he shrugged. "Well, might as well put this to good use."

A moment later he had vanished into the grasses.
Logged
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Posts: 431



« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »

Realizing the battle would begin at range, Siobahn sheathed her ceduku, drawing out her bow and nocking an arrow in a crouch, her father's presence and her mother's absence inspiring a fierce determination that reflected in the growing wildfire behind them.
Logged
wolfen_child
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Gender: Female
Posts: 231



« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2011, 12:10:49 AM »

Following Reggie and the others gazes out across the grasslands, Eirik frowned, scrambling into the back of the wagon and squinting against the night. "What... What now?" He gripped his quarterstaff tight.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:59:19 PM by wolfen_child » Logged

Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2011, 01:36:37 PM »

"What the hell are you idiots doing!" Mandag yelled. "We ain't waiting for you to figure things out. Get on the damn wagon or get left behind!"

Wendle gave teh Erenlander a sidelong look but didn't say anything to disagree with him.

"C'mon." Garion said to Siobahn. "We can't stand and fight this. Those are legates coming. We have to get out of here." He held out his hand to help her back to her feet and pointed toward the wagon with his knife. "Climb on. I'll be right behind you."

In the wagon the cloaked figure with the swords used the shorter one to make two quick slashes in the canvas of the wagon's canopy causing a triangle shaped flap to fall creating a makeshift window. Almost before the flap had fallen his taller partner knelt and drew, sighting on the hoard coming toward them. Taking a moment to secure his shot he loosed, his bow making only a whisper of sound and snapping back to full length with hardly a tremor. The arrow lanced into the fog to seek out the lone rider in the vanguard of the enemy force...
Logged
Homp
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Gender: Male
Posts: 101



« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2011, 02:39:20 PM »

Every moment, the sharp pain of the symbol lessened as Kael grew closer to his target. As the grass around him grew taller he recalled his training in the city. It would be very unwise to rush into that mess. he told himself as he continued to close the distance.

Without giving his horse much time to stop at all Kael dismounted at full speed, landing crouched in the cover of the grass.

"Now, where are you prophet?" he whispered to himself..
Logged

Johanas
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +2/-0
Posts: 273


« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2011, 05:09:33 PM »

Roycilo urged his horse to slow, and then stop entirely. He slid off the side of the great beast, and then began chanting to Izrador. "Great God of Darkness and Power, I beg, I plead, I implore you to shield me with your Grace!" As he chanted, he started to walk towards the mass of people. A witch with that magnitude of power....this will be an interesting night...
Logged
Matt
Lightbearer
*

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Posts: 99


« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2011, 08:34:51 AM »

Nefario hopped into the wagon and hunkered down.
Logged
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2011, 02:13:05 AM »

Kael leaned off his horse and started to drop to the ground. Mid-fall something whizzed past his head, flicking his ear. As he hit the ground and rolled to a halt in the tall grasses he brought his hand to the side of his head. It came away bloody. He hadn't even felt it, but he was definitely cut. If that was an arrow or a bolt it had been moving faster than anything he'd ever seen before. He had moved just in time.

Back in the wagon the cloaked figure with the bow let out a quick, frustrated exhalation. Next to him the other tilted his head inside his cowl. "Hmm. Did he duck?"

The one who had fired simply said "No. Got lucky."

"You're losing your touch." his partner chided.

The archer only grunted and drew two more shafts from beneath his cloak.
Logged
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2011, 03:54:13 PM »

The massive knight thundered across the plains, his mount all but ignoring him, the bit in it's teeth, completely fixated on the wagon ahead of them.

"Wendle!" Star barked to the front of the wagon. "We're all aboard! Get us out of here!"

Otter stared at the oncoming hoard of beast-men led by the black knight in the bestial armor and exhaled slowly. In his hand he rolled a pair of stone dice and blew on them.

Wendle whipped the boro's harder and cursed a colorful string spanning a number of languages. The boros finally responded, moving forward now rather than trying to pull their yoke sideways. The scent of fire was in their noses and ass soon as their ponderous brains registered that the object they towed would move if they went this way instead of that way, they dug in their hooves and surged forward with such might that the timbers and chains creaked.

And then the wagon was off, plowing straight forward into the onrushing tide of horrors.
Logged
Sholano
Bane of Legates
****

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Gender: Male
Posts: 589



« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2011, 11:37:31 PM »

Dorin heaved himself into the bed of the wagon before it passed him up entirely, wobbling the wheels for just a moment. He moved forward into the wagon, just behind the drivers, and started to hunker down to try and find whatever cover he could for his hulking frame.

Without warning, a wheel hit a bump and jolted the cart, and Dorin found himself nearly flung from the wagon. Flinging out an arm to catch his balance, his hand came to rest in the forward right corner of the wagon on something familiar. He glanced down, and faint surprise flashed over the Dorn's face, as if he'd seen an old friend unexpectedly. He looked back up at the monsters and dark riders they plunged recklessly towards, and a hint of a wild grin began to creep into his eyes as he withdrew the strut bar from its resting place. Keeping the great hunk of metal low and out of sight, the big man barked a booming laugh into the wind. "A grand night for a ride, isn't it?!"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:40:02 PM by Sholano » Logged

"You want me to what?! ... Gimme a minute."
Dorin's combat data | Dorin's character sheet
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2011, 03:20:58 PM »

The pack of wolfen monsters loped along fanning out into smaller squads, four groups of four picking up speed. One began it, howling as it ran, the rest echoed. In the wagon, skins crawled and blood ran cold.

They could see them now in the bright glow of the growing grass fire. The mist was burning off quickly, revealing them in the dancing shadows.

They were massive, as large as the largest of men, but running on all fours in a bounding stride that chewed ground nearly as fast as they horses they followed. They wore armor that was mostly straps and studding, more like barding than any kind of cuirass. Their weapons were all strapped to their backs and flanks to keep them from dragging. They fairly bristled with hilts of swords and points of javelins. Their muzzles were pulled back in a grinning rictus, frothing with excitement. They had the scent of running prey and they were ready to taste blood.
Logged
neverfox
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Gender: Male
Posts: 462



« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2011, 04:39:17 PM »

Ivy had admired the mysterious archer's form and was surprised that the shot had missed. She moved herself over to the makeshift window. "May I use this?" Ivy didn't wait for an answer but aimed the arrow out of the hole and drew. She breathed in and held the hot air in her lungs. It burned but her aim was steady.
Logged
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2011, 07:44:16 PM »

For the second time the trio of cloaked figures seemed to pass something unsaid between them. The archer looked down at Ivy from beneath his cowl and nodded, shifting slightly from the side to make room for her.
Logged
Luiniel Blades
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,570


"Inch towards daylight"


« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2011, 10:03:56 PM »

Xein's eyes narrowed as the wagon began to move forward."What are they..."  "They come at us!  He signaled his squad.  "You three, different sides, board them as they come!  He then leveled his bow at the charging Boros and let fly.  Brother, aim for the beasts!  We board after!"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:22:01 PM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Gender: Male
Posts: 358



« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2011, 11:04:15 PM »

Following his Brothers commands, Rash'Gar releases his arrows at the Boros pulling the wagon towards them.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Quietus Clarion (IC)
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
AtS Dark Mercury design by Nifelhein, based on the Mercury theme by Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.104 seconds with 30 queries.
TinyPortal © 2005-2011