Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 15, 2018, 08:28:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Some articles do not have author names in them. If you know who the author is, let us know!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Quietus Clarion (IC)  (Read 247551 times)
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1150 on: May 29, 2017, 04:30:45 AM »

Rash'Gar and Xein ran, both disappeared quickly into the intertwining tents and shadows covering the encampment. The cultist searched hurriedly and with an intense fury throughout the camp but after a relatively short time seemed to realize the two were nowhere to be easily found. Frustrated and clearly worried about the Orcs behind him he screamed out in rage, kicking things out of his way and then the cultist ran off disappearing further into the camp, his arm still covered in dangerous black flames.

Rahs'Gar could sense relief fill his brother as the man disappeared. He's gone now.

Stepping out of hiding, Xein glanced around surveying the camp.  We should- before he could finish his thought to Rash'Gar Xein's head snapped left.

Aliya's concentration was stressed to near breaking from her meditation as she heard a sudden and great deal of clamoring coming from nearby.

A multitude of Orcish voices began to cry out in confusion and anger. "Huh? Wait, what?! The camp is burning! What's going on?! I've no idea! Where's our commander?! Sergeant, your orders? "Quit your damn yammering! Form up! Corporal take a squad and see what you can do about those fires. The rest of you on me!
We were under some sort of magic. We're going to find any and all Legates and seize them!

A moment later another more familiar voice sounded out, efficient and coordinated. "Lacky, move Blanket! Red, York, on me! "

"Legate Aliya!" Sergeant Clouse said quickly from her side. "Legate Aliya, rise quickly. We must go! I do not know where Xein and Rash'Gar are but I am sure they will catch up!"

Even as she heard all of this she could tell the mind numbing sorcery she had sensed from before had now disappeared completely. It's influence now broken the  Orcs as well as Clouse's squad were free to move.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 04:33:45 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Jester
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0

« Reply #1151 on: May 29, 2017, 10:38:57 AM »

Follow me Brother. We need to find our Squad before we move on

With his Brother, Rash'Gar uses the confusion and his stealth skills to move through the camp looking for any sign of Clouse & Company.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:33:27 PM by Jester » Logged
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #1152 on: May 29, 2017, 11:21:22 AM »

Aliyas  whole body ached. It was long since a painfull awakening from her meditations. She got up and followed Clouse while trying to spot the missing trackers.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:26:22 AM by Siona33 » Logged
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1153 on: May 30, 2017, 06:29:16 AM »

Aliya glanced over her shoulder searching for the two trackers even as Clouse ushered her along and Red covered her with his shield from the area with the most likely forms of attack. Lacky cleared the way riding on King Blanket's shoulders, and York brought up the rear with his bow in hand.

Rash'Gar and Xein moved their way hurriedly through the camp circling around the Orcs. Although the two of them returned to the spot where they had last seen Aliya and the rest they were not anywhere in sight. Rash'Gar quickly noted the familiar tracks of Blanket and followed those easily enough outward.

It wasn't long, maybe just a half mile outside of the camp going along the east road that Clouse decided it was safe for them to wait for a little while. Sure enough, just a few minutes later the two trackers came in sight.

Clouse looked to the two of them nodding in some satisfaction. "Rash'Gar, Xein. Good to see you two. It'd be best if we didn't stay here too long. No telling what'll happen if we stay here too long. We should get a move on. Legate Aliya, it's your decision now. Where should we go?"

Although the group had lost Sir Riddar within the camp, Aliya still had the signed papers from Commander Genei. They would probably stay good for some time as long as nothing changed.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 06:43:11 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #1154 on: May 30, 2017, 09:04:46 AM »

Rash'Gar finds Flit & Wisp.

While the others discuss the direction of the squad he will prepare himself for travel. Rolling up his new cloak in case he might have need of it due to weather.

Addressing Flit and Wisp,

"You did well "

When ready, he will await his orders.
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #1155 on: June 02, 2017, 11:55:52 AM »

Aliya looked at Rash´gar and spoke: "Are you okay? I dont know what your opponent did but it must be bad. If you need healing this would be a good moment to say so. Regardless we must decide what to do. I dont know the details of your Quest but i would like to help out. My sugestion would be to find the nearest City and restock our supplies there . Just as a first step.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1156 on: June 02, 2017, 02:25:03 PM »

The two Goblins looked at each other with a moment of shock as they were congratulated. Then flit nodded and said "Th- thank you, master. We live to serve."

Clouse watched the proceedings as he paced back and forth."This is a right mess we've landed ourselves in.  I still have no idea what exactly happened in that camp. Insurgents? That's what happens when you leave Orcs in charge of defense. Then there were traitorous Legates? Sounds like some sort of damned coup and we were caught in the middle of it all. Now we don't even have Sir Riddar with us..." He sighed, collecting himself.

"We still have a mission to do. However that's going to be handled, it would be easier if you, Acolyte Aliya, were to be recognized as a full fledged Legate. Most might not recognize the difference but to those who really do know you wouldn't be able to fool them. Also from what I can tell you don't seem keen on the idea of lying about your station. So it would be best if we were to do that."

Xein looked over at Aliya. "You were traveling somewhere when we came across you. Where was that again?"
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #1157 on: June 02, 2017, 08:48:00 PM »

Rash'Gar responded to Aliya, "Most of the blood is from my foes"

"What is this City you speak of?"

Brother, What does the female mean by City?
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1158 on: June 03, 2017, 02:05:59 AM »

A city is a large gathering place. Bigger than the camp we were just at, but instead of tents there are many structures. Like Lord Skinner's manor house.
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #1159 on: June 05, 2017, 10:55:50 AM »

Aliya looked at  the others and spoke"Lying was never my intention. If others assume and make therefore asses of themselves it is not my problem. Before i met you i was  on my way to badstone.The main Temple governing our district is there. The town is pretty big compared to most settlements here, through nothing compared to Sharuun where my Family lives or even Bardens Bluff.  A letter arrived sending for me most likely it hat to do with me giving my final oaths. It was either that or going to the Garnison to check on the missing caravans. But that could be done there as it would b possible to get the papers lifting the millitary ban."/color] For the first time since she started her journey Aliya relaxed a bit. The danger of fey magic and betrayal lifted allowed her to act like she normaly did. " In any case it would be better for us if i thake my vows . I can do more to aid you as a full Legate . Especially if there are  insurgents hidden in the order. This entire thing seems to be a interconected situation. Then our priority should be restocking and getting possible leads on your insurgents and the underground that aids them . Maybe we could get our ands on one of our foes and set him or her agains  his compatriots. But getting to safety should be paramount" Aliya sounded entirely too much like a matron for her own ears. She had aquired this trait in her years in backwoods Kalaruns. This is was dealing with hardheaded famers and much too active children did to you.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1160 on: June 09, 2017, 07:28:24 AM »

Clouse nodded at Aliya's words.

"Alright then. The first part of our mission needs to be getting through the military checkpoints up north. Now that Aliya has secured the papers it should be a simple matter for us to head through the checkpoints along the routes. Thanks to King Blanket here and your scavenging efforts from the Goblins, Flit and Wisp, we should easily be able to pass through on the supplies we can carry alone. I like those who show initiative." He gave an appreciative nod to the two Goblins under Rash'Gar's charge. "Let's move!" With that the group began to move northward away from the ruinous Shadow Camp and take their next step towards Badstone Gate.

Interlude:

Praetor Mandrel looked up from inscribing the next prayer phrase into the parchment scroll in front of him. The young man who had been waiting patiently for him to finish had finally calmed his breathing down to a manageable level but Mandrel could still discern the perspiration on his face. Blood patches and tears showed across his chest and arm where he had been attacked. From his pained expression he had not taken the time to heal himself yet.
"Now what did you come here to tell me in such a rush, Aslan?"
"The camp! We lost control of Commander Genei's camp!"
"Really now?! Even Karsten lost control? Do go into detail. Tell me what happened?"
The man paled a little but held himself steady then began to speak. "The plan was working as predicted. We kept the majority of the Orcish forces calm and controlled while the insurgent spies made their way into the camp. They freed the prisoners and then set to assassinating the leaders while setting fires to the camp. I wasn't able to see everything from where I was as I was concentrating on keeping the eastern side of the camp in check, but I distinctly remember hearing the sounds of combat..."
Praetor Mandrel raised his gaze. "Then what happened?"
"I was attacked. The wolf man and the pale Halfling shot me from behind. My concentration faltered and I lost control of the spell. I tried to make them pay but they ran and hid. The Orcs that had been under the sway of the spell got free and then began to rampage around the camp. Barbaric horde that they are."
"I see. Those two were with the Knight Riddar and Acolyte Aliya in the other command tent... I'll have to keep an eye on them in the future and I may have to have words with this Lord Skinner as well." he mused to himself for a moment, then asked "...and what of the others?"
"Murrah was cut down before my eyes. I don't believe any of the insurgents survived and I can only imagine Sisan and Nivad were slain too if they haven't returned by now. I was able to escape by slaying one of the Orcish leaders with the overwhelming power of Izrador. The rest were too cowed to move after me and I made my way here."

Praetor Mandrel sighed sadly. "Their lives were lost in vain then." The younger Legate looked confused but before he could ask why, a distant thumping could suddenly be heard echoing throughout the mountain range. Outside the sounds of over a dozen commanding Orcish voices called out orders as defensive lines were readied. Praetor Mandrel stood up from his seat and wandered over to the entrance pulling the flap open.

"Stand down commanders!" He called out in a booming, powerful, voice. He made his way to the far side of camp and came to a stop where he waited for several minutes as the uncoordinated echoing thumps got louder and then small tremors began to occur. Finally as the tremors became stronger they could see the 5 mammoth stone behemoths come into view. Standing on the Shoulder of the leading stone behemoth was a humanoid figure wearing a full faced grey mask and obscured by a grey cloak.

The Behemoths came to a stop 60 feet away from the formations of Orcs surrounding the Praetor and his one remaining pupil.
"Praetor Mandrel, " The masked figure said, bowing lightly as he spoke aloud. "The Master In Grey sends his regards."

36 hours later: PASS OF THE EAGLES - Contested Territory:

The group had traveled through the previous night and rested a decent portion of the day before moving again. Following the trail from the map they had seen before Rash'Gar and Xein were able to lead the group easily through the normally confusing terrain. But they quickly gained the ground and found their way to yet another checkpoint. They had seen the Orcs well before the Fist of Orcs came into view in standard shield wall formation but they did not slow their progress forward, to do so would have shown weakness. The leader of the Orcs group called out to them.

"Halt! State your name and business!"
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #1161 on: June 09, 2017, 10:59:18 PM »

Rash'Gar stood and waited for Aliya to speak.

Ready to act should the orcs show any hostile intentions.
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #1162 on: June 12, 2017, 03:17:42 PM »

Aliya was collevting her thougts. Knowing how Izradors bureaucracy worked she know that showing doubt or weakness would be detrimental to her goals. "Greetings soldier. I am Aliya Arvalor a member of the  order. These" she said indecating Clouse Rash´Gar and Xein [color=" are  Sergeant Clouse and his Trackers Rash´Gar and Xein. We are expected in Badstone Gate on Busnies pertaining to both the order and the millitary. Our papers are in order. If you really need to see them. So it would be the best solution to let us pass, for we are hunting dangerous insurgent prey."   yellow] [/color]She ended having the documents ready and following protocoll to a expected degree but not more . It was usually not needed and she had no wish to run into even more traitors.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 03:44:01 PM by Siona33 » Logged
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1163 on: June 18, 2017, 08:52:57 AM »

The Orcs seem to balk at the determination and dismissive behavior of Aliya towards them but once she shows them the papers they quickly nodded. "R-right. Legate. Military region commanders seal seems to be in order. You may pass, of course. We do not know of the insurgents you speak of specifically but there is plenty of activity up ahead. It's been quiet for the last last few days as of heavy fighting but at least one of our patrols from the north-eastern pass is missing and another is late by several hours. But, it sounds as though you'll be taking the north-western pass so you should be safe to travel."

Clouse walked up to the Orc at this point. "How many soldiers do you have for patrols and how often do you patrol?"

The Orc looked confused for a moment but then answered. "Uh, less than a hundred now. Probably more than 80. Fists are the usual patrol amount and every eight hours. Why?"

"It sounds to me like you've become too predictable in your patterns. Yes, you seem have the numbers for it. Talk to your commander about staggering your patrols and focusing them on the north and eastern passes. Instead of every eight hours, send them every three hours. I might also recommend bolstering your patrol groups with two additional units. You'll be better able to triangulate and guess how dangerous and how many forces you're dealing with then. Just a suggestion."

... Hmm. I think I see your point. I'll speak to our commander about it."

With that, the group traveled past the smaller encampment and onward to the Pass of the Eagles.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:56:43 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #1164 on: June 18, 2017, 12:55:18 PM »

Aliya was relieved. Dealing with Tin Heads was never one of her favorite things in the world. Orcs were probably better then human ones, as in the most cases had less ambition. Still, they could pass without incident and that has to count for something. Thank Izrador for even the smallest blessing...
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1165 on: June 22, 2017, 07:02:02 AM »

The northwestern road along the Pass of the Eagles had been a swift journey compared to most of the travel through the Kaladruns. The supply lines bisected the mountain by design, opening up a number of passes for ease of access. They'd reached the far side in just a day and a half of hard travel. The fact that they had an Ogre with them made passing through the area much simpler. Rash'Gar had seen and was sure that he'd sensed more than a handful of Orcish or Goblin scouts as they cleared through the area. The second and much more heavily enforced camp to the west had clearly been expecting them, by the time they'd began making their steady descent downwards, they found a small line of Orcs that merely gave a salute to Aliya and company.

From there, the familiar grass plains of Erenland stretched out for miles before them. But it was not the Plains they were going to immediately First they had to head further south-west to the fortress town of Badstone Gate in order to  finalize Aliya's training. She knew the way as she and Kilara had traveled their before.

BADSTONE GATE:

As the group traveled and finally got within 10 miles of the fortress town, the signs became obvious. Plants in the area became withered and darkened. Most of the wildlife had fled, only to be replaced by the occasional signs of crows or other scavengers. The road was trampled by familiar signs of the hobnailed boots of Orcish soldiers. But most notably, both Rash'Gar and Aliya could feel it in their bones.

Aliya's connection was one of bliss. She could sense the connection to her God openly and knew she was close.

Rash'Gar's connection however, was one of pain. The old mostly unhealed wounds inflicted to him began to throb lightly in a faint pulse every 10 minutes or so. Xein looked questioningly over at his brother's discomfort.

Brother, are you in pain?

As they made the last rounding approach to the stone gates of the fortress town, the group was met by a host of armed but not immediately threatening human and Orcish soldiers. The Gates were closed but not obviously barred and there were a number of archers on the walls looking down as well.

One of them, a handsome looking young Erenlander with broad shoulders, wearing a full suit of chain male armor came forward and addressed Aliya.

"Greetings, Legate. Forgive our precautions but might we inquire as to why you come to Badstone Gate, and with such an unusual entourage?" he said looking up at King Blanket in particular.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:04:51 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #1166 on: June 23, 2017, 01:13:12 PM »

Yes Brother, but I use it to stay attentive

Rash'Gar stayed still and quiet. Not wanting to draw attention to himself.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1167 on: July 02, 2017, 06:12:10 AM »

Finally, it's about time we met someone who seems to finally understand proper decorum when a Legate-to-be!" Clouse said walking up to the human.

He thought for a moment. "Well then, lieutenant, you may well escort Acolyte Aliya to the temple. I do believe the head Legate would like to have some words with her. We will of course accompany you to the temple guest chambers, it would be remiss of your duties, were you to leave her un-escorted."

"Oh, uh, yes. Of course. Please follow me." He turns around and looks at the group of assembled men. "You heard what we discussed. We'll be escorting them all inside the gates." Without much preamble the group were then led the rest of the way to the gates of Badstone. The Gates themselves were what could normally be described as an impressive 15 feet high stone wall built in a square fashion surrounding the buildings on all sides. Aliya had seen the gate before. But Rash'Gar and Xein had seen a true fortress of stone had looked like while at Durgis Rock. This sight paled in comparison and was what could only now be described highly efficient design. The stone walls had sentry towers along it every 100 feet sticking up another 15 feet. It allowed for arrow portcullises and ease of watching for incoming enemies.

The Gates themselves were held closed until they had all arrived. The gates were then unbarred and the group was allowed into the city. Upon entering the gate, the human Lieutenant turned to Clouse. "I'm afraid the Ogre will have to wait here. I've heard they can be unruly even in the best of times."

Clouse eyed the Ogre and his subordinate riding it, before scoffing at the Human "You're death."

"Lackey, watch Blanket. Come back later. Get you then." The small Goblin nodded reluctantly but dutifully and did as he was told.

Once the group had past the gate barracks where the soldiers stayed and then the training yards, the rest of the city itself was quietly busy. Many of its usual inhabitants going about their relative daily routine. There were a good many human Dorn and Erenlander slaves living inside the fair sized town. The Dorns were all noted by their shaved heads and downtrodden demeanor. Few had the bravery to do anything but shy their gaze from Aliya and her retinue. There were also the occasional Orc being forced to work who was not dressed in armor.

Following the guard the rest of the group made their way through the town until they arrived at the steps to the temple itself. The structure was easily very large and round. Outside, a line made up of about 2 dozen or so faithful members made their daily requests of a number of priests outside. Upon seeing the group of strange people being led by a small procession of guards the gathered crowd quickly spread out to make way for them. The Legates at the head of the stairs stopped their daily sermon and request taking to allow them to approach.

An older Sarcosan man with a thin body in the robes of a Legate stepped forward. He glanced at Aliya with recognition and she recognized his as Lazhin, a simpering man who Aliya remembered as being kind to her in her first few visits to Badstone Gate. But during her third visit here she'd been told by Kilara that it was only to gain favor with her Uncle. Aliya had come to realize that while this man was clever and cordial after a fashion, his dedication to the teachings of Izrador was lacking and he could never hope to grow very powerful on his own. But that being said, he was still a favorite pawn of her Uncles.

"Ah ha! Aliya! I thought that was you. Please, please, come." Lazhin gestured for her to come up the stairs to join him. "My dear, has it been a year already? Look at you, you've grown even more beautiful since last we saw you." He moves his gaze toward her companions. "And who are these. Did this group see you through the mountains to here...oh my. I see you managed to get yourself a Hafling servant. Strange though, I don't believe I've ever seen an albino one before."
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #1168 on: July 03, 2017, 03:12:35 PM »

"Izrador with you." Aliya answered back. "My purpose here is twofold. First i have here a Letter sending for me to make my final dedication. Then i am to speak with the Legate here on things pertaing to the vanishing caravans here. Surely you must have heard it as it affects the whole districkt. My traveling companions here are in Service to the order. We met near Garudun as we were attacked. They hope to find supplies here and i have offered to help as their mission and mine seem connected."
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1169 on: July 05, 2017, 05:17:03 AM »

"Ever considerate to those you deem worthy as companions, I see. Speaking in a tongue that many can follow along with." he nods his head. "But also, direct and on to matters as usual. Such diligence, yes, the caravans going missing within the area is troubling news indeed. But with your uncles perseverance we have recently managed to break away from relying too heavily on military aid directly. Lately we've taken to not only expanding our own farming fields in the northern corner of the city, but we have also opened a brand new trading route from the west. I am sure your uncle will be pleased to hear that you have arrived safely."

Looking out to the soldier who had escorted Aliya and her companions. "And you, thank you for escorting our favored guest, young Lieutenant. You look familiar to me. What was your name again?"

"L- Lelan, Legate Lazhin." The young man hastily spoke. He was clearly surprised at being recognized. "No thanks are necessary. I was just doing my duty like any should... And it was 2 years ago. You helped to heal my broken leg. It's because of you that I now hold this position, thank you again and Izrador with you."

Lazhin simply smiled and waved a hand at the young man's thanks. "Yes, yes. Slow down, that's quite enough thanks. Your new task, Lelan, is to see these good companions of Legate Aliya to the eastern military storage rooms and the southern food storage rooms. Oh and don't let the men there give you any trouble. Just tell them I sent you."

"Hold on." Clouse interjected, raising a hand. "The way you specified the eastern military and southern food storage rooms suggests that things are scattered around at critical points."

"Yes... what of it?"

"Doesn't that seem remarkably inefficient to you?"

"I don't believe so."

"... I think I'd like to have some words with your quartermaster."

"Oh, which one?" Lazhin asked coyly.

Clouse's right eye twitched and he turned away from the Legate taking in a deep breath. "All of them. Red, York, with me. Xein and Rash'Gar, stay with Aliya. I have a disorganized mess to clean up." he called as he left the area. Both the loyal Goblin bodyguard and the Grak fell in line with him. After a moment of looking back and forth between the 2 groups, Lelan followed after Clouse.

Lazhin stared after Clouse a few moments. "Ah, Hobgoblins. Always believing they know the best way for everything. It's truly no wonder your uncle dislikes them in the city. Ah ha ha!" Lazhin laughed to himself as though he'd just discovered something particularly hilarious about the situation.

It was then that they noticed the crowd of people had been watching the display for much of the time, the younger Legates had tried to carry on with their daily duties but failed as the conversation seemed to have derailed all semblance of normalcy.

"Sorry about that, good people. Please continue and do not let this unpleasantness ruin your day. Izrador be with you all." he said to everyone gathered. "Perhaps it is time we moved this conversation inside. After you."

He then ushered the 3 of them forward into the temple chambers.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 07:02:19 AM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #1170 on: July 05, 2017, 01:56:08 PM »

Aliya was not suprised at the Millitary inefficience at logistics. Those Jarheads dont know a supply chain even if it is in friont of their noses. Well, some do like Clouse and Rash gar, who she tougt well educated for a Scout. Lazhir was not any better. But it would be good to restock first.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1171 on: July 15, 2017, 06:14:16 AM »

The small group was brought through the outer chambers where those had more personal requests or important matters to discuss would wait, or where the normal day-to-day business was conducted when the weather was particularly bad. Then they were brought through the primary congregation area of the temple where sermons and prayers were held. Passing to the far side of the chamber they entered the into the doors near the back of the room leading into the more private inner chambers.

Lazhin halted the group as they came to one room with large stone doors, Aliya remembered it as her Uncle's private chambers. Clearing his throat, Lazhin looked at Aliya with a more serious expression. The normally simpering Legate took on a moment of clarity and power as he acted in accordance with his station. "Aliya, I say this to you as someone who is your friend in these matters. Although the Head Legate is your Uncle, this day is very special. You are about to truly enter our ranks and thus, you must remain cordial with him upon this meeting, and unless given express permission by him, you must show utter deference throughout the ritual." His warning given, Lazhin turned and knocked loudly on the door.

After a moment there was a brusque voice coming from the other side. "Enter." Lazhin opened the door to show them all in.

"High Legate. Your niece, Aliya, has arrived." Inside, the room was lit by a pair of lanterns that gave the room a pleasant glow. Several pieces of parchment lay out on the desk next to a single goblet and a bottle of some kind of liquid. A shelf lined with a handful of books and a decent amount of rolled parchment sat off to one side. Various insignia and religious paraphernalia showing the Horned Skull of Izrador lay about here and there.

The man sitting behind the desk was Sarcosan still very much in his prime. His figure was tall and stocky with short dark hair that stood up naturally on its own. He was well groomed but had a hard look in his eyes. He looked at the newcomers after glossing over Lazhin. His eyes focused on Rash'Gar for a moment with high suspicion before moving on to Xein. His head tilted slightly to the side for a moment as though catching sight of something and then he looked back at the thinner Legate.

"That will be all, Lazhin. Thank you for seeing Legate Aliya here. You are excused."

"Of course." the older Legate said, then he turned and departed without another word.

"Aliya," her Uncle began, "You may enter. Your companions may enter as well. Including those two Goblins that seem to be following you around." Flit made a surprised noise and Wisp came out of hiding immediately. "Close the door when you do. I think we have a few things to talk about regarding your... recent forays."

He crossed his hands and waited patiently for them to do as he bid them.
Siona33
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #1172 on: July 15, 2017, 04:15:32 PM »

Aliya followed her uncle into the room, waiting untill all were in, then closed the door as she was asked to. " Greetings Uncle and Izrador with you. My Journey here was more eventfull than i had hoped and liked. The re-emergence insurgence was the least thing that happened. It all begann with the vanishing of Caravans at the same time your letter reached me. I was on my way here and it got even more weird. The Circumstances leading up to my meeting Rash ´Gar and his Group are not entirely known to me, so i can say nothing of the urgency of his original mission but it may tie in with the Problems in this area. Too many  things have ocurred i  honestly dont know where to start.   Please what exactly do you wish to know?  " Aliya knew honesty was the best policy here. He knew her, so she did nothing to conceal her words. Lazhin may think he know her mind in regards to her Uncle but he dit not. The High Legate had her uttermost respect as a family member and a Legate. He deserved the truth.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 04:48:46 PM by Siona33 » Logged
Jester
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #1173 on: July 15, 2017, 06:40:08 PM »

Rash'Gar stands towards the back of the group.

At mention of the two goblins, he nods at them and indicates with a head gesture for them to stand next to him.
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #1174 on: July 16, 2017, 03:19:29 AM »

He nodded looking from Aliya to Rash'Gar, Xein, and the two Goblins in turn. "Vanishing caravans aside for the moment, the recent upset in the late-commander Jenei's camps are of more immediate interest to me. I'd received a missive from a contact I had there telling me you had arrived. Which I was glad to hear.

The letter described a rather sensitive diplomatic issue occurring at the time with a powerful Speaker Legate by the name of Mandrel. Apparently he'd been in the camp a few days attempting to supplement his own forces. I'd cast several Sending's the following night, but when I heard nothing back my subsequent scrying showed me the camp in ruins. My contact was dead and Jenei had also been killed."
He paused, looking at them all.

"If nothing else, Jenei was a loyalist to me. There are many Larvae, true enough, but few were as gifted as he was at remaining stable at the head of so many Orcish warriors. He'll be difficult to replace. The problem being there are now between five hundred to six hundred Orcs and their two hundred plus supplementary forces who are without a leader. They will quickly revert to their more tribal nature and will make the adjacent area to us very unstable for several Arcs.

I can't very easily afford that right now, and worse, there is that Speaker Legate, Mandrel, who is likely still in the area. If he should arrive first and gain control of the Orcs before they've decided on their own new leader, then he will easily be able pull them into his forces. This will in turn leave the adjacent area undefended, rather than simply unstable. It would make us vulnerable for the better part of a year if not longer and that is completely unacceptable!"

"Which is why I have to hurry and regain control of the area before anyone else does. In order to make this happen, I need to know what transpired at the camp.

What did Jenei decide? Was Karsten there and was he trying to help or hinder Mandrel's request? My contact said that there was a meeting within the commanders tents but didn't specify much within his missive. I know you were there. Who else was present and knows what was decided during the meeting? "

"And you, Rash'Gar..." he said gazing sharply at Rash'Gar. "I'll need to know the perspectives from all involved. I see you can at least understand the Colonial tongue. Aliya spoke your name first. It seems she holds you in some regards. You also seem to be in charge of those two goblins with you. If you do not wish to be treated like the wolf creature you resemble and dismissed outside, you will speak."
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Quietus Clarion (IC)
Jump to: