Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 29, 2020, 07:03:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Avoid offending or attacking other users, be polite and well mannered and only good will come from it.
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: A Murder in Alvedara - Chapter 28 - The Last Day  (Read 1564 times)
Kane
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +12/-3

« on: January 31, 2011, 05:27:48 AM »

A Murder in Alvedara – Chapter 28 – The Last Day

Tonight the ritual will be complete. I still didn’t know exactly where the legate would be sacrificed, but it had to be near the city center. I had stared at my map all day, but it said nothing to me. I was missing one critical piece of information; a piece I had thought my brother could provide. All of my messengers were turned away.  The Grand Legate was keeping me in the dark; especially now that the game was coming to its conclusion.

With time on my hands, I inspected the troops and then sent them to rest. I had Sergeant Bashar arrange for a hot meal at nightfall to help fortify the men for the night ahead. We were going to enter the city center and hope to find the killer before the sacrifice or limit the damage if we were too late. It would be a long night for everyone.

When the sun finally set, I put on my armor, grabbed my weapons and headed out to the courtyard.  I joined the men in their meal, saying little. When we were done, I grabbed a torch and told the squad leaders to gather their men.  We’d head to the grand temple first and then move out from there.

The plaza around the grand temple was almost empty when we arrived. I questioned a few of workers who still lingered and found out that the Grand Legate and more than two score heavily armed legates left the temple over an hour ago. I’d missed them. I gave a thought to trying to overpower the few guards at the gate and force my way to my brother, but quickly dismissed the idea. It would only put my brother at risk.

With only a vague idea of where the Grand Legate went I moved deeper into the city. As we left the courtyard, I heard someone call my name. It was Selene. I stopped and waited for her to reach me.

“The Grand legate knows where the sacrifice is being held. He wouldn’t tell me, but once he left I was able to get to your brother. Laras found the symbol and the ritual. He gave me a location but believes it’s a trap. If your brother’s right, the ritual doesn’t need another victim, it’s ready now. It may already be too late.”
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: A Murder in Alvedara - Chapter 28 - The Last Day
Jump to: