Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2019, 01:15:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Did you know any logged user can submit a new article or download to the site?
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: A Murder in Alvedara - Chapter 20 - A Visit from my Brother  (Read 1416 times)
Kane
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +12/-3

« on: November 15, 2010, 05:48:06 AM »

A Murder in Alvedara – Chapter 20 – A Visit from my Brother

I was still mulling over my much too brief meeting with Selene, the lovely Sister of Tender Mercy, when my brother unexpectedly arrived. He must have seen Selene leave as I could see the displeasure on his face.

“Tell me you’re not interested in her. It can only end badly for you.”

“Don’t worry, there’s nothing but idle dreams between us. I have to worry about my own survival if I can’t stop the killings.”

He wandered over to the map looking at the latest markings. “I heard about the death of your man this morning. The killer’s baiting you.”

“He’s not baiting me; he’s telling me I’m insignificant and if I keep poking my nose into his business that he can kill me any time he wants.”

My brother didn’t seem concerned by my last statement.  He stood engrossed by the map. He grabbed some loose paper and started tracing the murder sites, “do you mind?”

“Go ahead; let me know if you can make any sense out of it, I can’t.”

I sat back and let the scholar go to work. “Assuming that this is a ritual, and based on the careful positioning of the bodies, these points have to create some kind of symbol. The measurements have to be precise for any working of power. Is this map accurate?”

Intrigued, I leaned forward. “It’s the best map in the city, from the old planning archives. You won’t find a better one.”

He seemed pleased, “Excellent, that’ll help. We have four points of a symbol. I’m not an expert, but I’d guess that your killer is trying to focus power or call a spirit of incredible power. I could try to compare the points we have to the books in the Order’s library and see if I can find a match.”

That got me out of my seat. “So, if you can find a symbol or symbols to match we might be able to predict exactly where a new body would appear?”

Laras smiled and nodded, “yes, I think so.  The sacrifices have to be done at just the right points for the working to succeed. Don’t get your hopes up, I haven’t found anything yet.”

I took him by the shoulders and started moving him toward the door. “While I always love your visits, you need to get to work and find that symbol; my life could depend on it.”
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: A Murder in Alvedara - Chapter 20 - A Visit from my Brother
Jump to: