Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 03, 2020, 04:07:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Before making a question, try using the search function, sometimes your doubt has already been answered before.
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: A Murder in Alvedara - Chapter 6 - A Waiting Game  (Read 1307 times)
Kane
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +12/-3

« on: August 09, 2010, 05:59:37 AM »

A Murder in Alvedara – Chapter 6 – A Waiting Game

I was convinced there was going to be another murder, but I had no way of telling who would be the next to die. While I waited, I tried to determine when and where Alastar had last been seen. There was too much time unaccounted for, likely spent with a woman who was afraid to come forward or was being prevented by her family. If I assumed a late night dalliance between dusk and the hour before midnight, he was likely abducted and killed between midnight and dawn two days ago. I wasn’t sure how that would help me, but there may be a way to track the killer by when he killed.

I was at a loss of what to do.  I hated waiting for something to happen; I preferred action. My mood was foul most of the afternoon until Yolan arrived at my office. I prayed he had something, anything, that might help.

“I just came from where you found the body. I believe Alastar was killed there. The body was not brought from another site.”

That sparked my interest. “What proof do you have and why would he be murdered there?”

Yolan walked around my desk, “imagine that a body is spread out here held fast with some form of chains. To keep the body in position, the chains would need to be anchored in the ground some three to five feet from the sides of the desk. I looked at the floor and found four small round holes, driven in at an angle to the slab where we found the body. I believe spikes were driven into the floor to hold the chains.  The killer removed them along with the chains after he had Alastar’s heart. The killer tried to hide the holes by filling them with dirt, but in daylight it was fairly easy to find, once you knew what you were looking for.”

Now I was angry, but at myself.  I was so convinced that the body had been dumped in the slums that I hadn’t taken the time to search the site properly.

Sensing my mood, Yolan quickly continued. “It would have been almost impossible to see under torchlight. If I hadn’t been looking for them, I probably would have missed them as well. As to why there, I have nothing. The site has no significance that I could find. Alastar had to have been abducted from somewhere in the court district and taken there for slaughter. I can’t prove it, but I suspect he was drugged to slow the flow of blood and prevent him struggling as they took the heart. He may not have been aware of what was happening.”

Yolan’s theory fit well into my growing concern that Alastar’s death had nothing to do with his various affairs. There was some other purpose that we were missing.  I needed more information and the only way to get it was for someone else to die.
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: A Murder in Alvedara - Chapter 6 - A Waiting Game
Jump to: