Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 28, 2021, 12:07:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Some articles do not have author names in them. If you know who the author is, let us know!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Under A Pale Gray Sky [OoC]  (Read 113543 times)
Harrowed
Editor

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-1

« Reply #225 on: February 11, 2007, 05:35:55 PM »

Could my astrirax check whether there are any magic items at the enemy ship?

The Astirax detects several sources of magic, it of course gives you it's own information on Strength, caster level, etc . I'm giving you the mechanics so interpret them appropriately.

First Blip
  • Location - Red Taleel's Cedeku
  • Astirax's Spellcraft check [DC18] ... clatter ... clatter ... [3+7=10] Failure

Second Blip
  • Location - Red Taleel's Left Hand, a ring
  • Astirax's Spellcraft check [DC18] ... clatter ... clatter ... [12+7=19] Success
  • Weak Transmutation

Third Blip
  • Location - Char, the Clear Sky First Mate. His leather wrist wraps.
  • Astirax's Spellcraft check [DC18] ... clatter ... clatter ... [19+7=26] Success
  • Moderate Evocation

I like the cut of your jib. How do I subscribe to your newsletter?
-RPG.net
Lord Melkor
Lightbearer

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #226 on: February 11, 2007, 07:09:59 PM »

So it seems that Steel Virgin`s Crew doesn`t posess any?
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #227 on: February 11, 2007, 08:41:47 PM »

So it seems that Steel Virgin`s Crew doesn`t posess any?

Seems that way.
Lord Melkor
Lightbearer

« Reply #228 on: February 18, 2007, 09:55:12 AM »

Hmm, if that's your character's thing. Sure, Izrador loves the strong over the weak.

So Sareth will try to ensure that few orcs are taken alive- He will tell Red Taleel that Izrador`s grace was with them this day, so it would suitable to thank him with a little ceremony that Sareth shall perform.  I am not making IC post because Sareth is talking to Amara now, so it could be confusing.

And actually, senseless slaughter and violence don`t suit his personality much- he is a calculating person that does whatever allows him to suceed and survive in this vicious world. He certainly wants to appear strong and ruthless, as suitable for a Legate- especially that his natural personality is not that ruthless. And he is quite desperate to keep Izrador`s favor.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 09:57:18 AM by Lord Melkor » Logged
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2007, 01:08:04 AM »

I am not making IC post because Sareth is talking to Amara now, so it could be confusing.

Since you're not getting a response go ahead and put up the scarifice post.
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #230 on: February 24, 2007, 01:21:38 PM »

LM, damn nice post.

Okay, loot division. What are your character interested in, I had Red Taleel detail what kind of things are available. Each characters share works out to about 500 to 600 vp each.
Berova
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #231 on: February 24, 2007, 01:58:49 PM »

What kind of Vardatch did Gruntal wield?  Also, what kind of armor did he wear (chainmail or breastplate)?
Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-0

« Reply #232 on: February 25, 2007, 12:19:46 PM »

Writing supplies, any written materials, maps, etc.  Even if she doesn't get to keep the written stuff, a chance to read it would be welcomed.

Crossbow bolts or throwing knives.

Any masterwork weapons of a suitable type (e.g. daggers, though duplicates or alternatives for existing weapons would also be considered).

Relevant tools of the trade - spyglass, navigator's tools, and so on.

Amara'd also be unlikely to say no to some more silk shirts or nice jewellery, though she's not going to view them as essential.  Should some other luxury - such as a particularly nice bottle or three of alcohol - come her way, she won't say no.  If nothing else, it could be useful for keeping the ship's officers favourably inclined.

Ex infernis, spes
Amethyst's Combat Stats
arnon

Spell Energy / Taint +8/-4

« Reply #233 on: February 25, 2007, 02:36:39 PM »

Can i have that +3 Keen shocking short-sword? The one over there under them loose planks... no??

Ahh well, I'm guessing there won't be many small size equipment for Shelg, but if there is a better shortbow he'll take it, as well as stock up on arrows. And if for some reason he'll find a pair of Elven Fighting Knives (or even just one), he'll take them (it) of course...

Poisons?? Sure why not.
arnon

« Reply #234 on: February 25, 2007, 02:37:46 PM »

Ohh yhea,

Lord Melkor, very nice post indeed.
Lord Melkor
Lightbearer

« Reply #235 on: February 27, 2007, 06:01:14 AM »

Sareth has similar preferences to Amara- anything that looks interesting or enigmatic would be priority- he is a curious man.

What do I know about this Sarcosan girl that accompanies Grrak and Shelg?
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #236 on: February 27, 2007, 07:50:16 AM »

What kind of Vardatch did Gruntal wield?  Also, what kind of armor did he wear (chainmail or breastplate)?

Gruntal was using a medium Vardatch. A particularly odd one to Grrrak's first look. The markings and the style of the cross piece, in the shape of a elongated elf female with a broken back, are in the style of northern craftsmen.

By North Grrrak realises Gruntal must have brought it down from the north with him. His name is carved in the runes of the blade.

Gruntal, butcher of man

As for armor he was wearing breastplate armor. Blackened by fire and soot, with a mailed fist carved into the steel of the chest guard.

Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2007, 07:56:55 AM »

Writing supplies, any written materials, maps, etc.  Even if she doesn't get to keep the written stuff, a chance to read it would be welcomed.

Crossbow bolts or throwing knives.

Any masterwork weapons of a suitable type (e.g. daggers, though duplicates or alternatives for existing weapons would also be considered).

Relevant tools of the trade - spyglass, navigator's tools, and so on.

Amara'd also be unlikely to say no to some more silk shirts or nice jewellery, though she's not going to view them as essential.  Should some other luxury - such as a particularly nice bottle or three of alcohol - come her way, she won't say no.  If nothing else, it could be useful for keeping the ship's officers favourably inclined.

No writing supplies on the other ship.
She loads up on crossbow bolts and finds, among the bolts, 4 masterwork bolts that were overlooked by Char and Red Taleel
She goes hunting for masterwork weapons but without any luck.
As for clothing, that's easy, Red Taleel quietly tells Amara that she's a bit of clothes horse. She's welcome to loot the finest closet on the ocean.
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2007, 07:58:52 AM »

Can i have that +3 Keen shocking short-sword? The one over there under them loose planks... no??

The cursed one? Sure. [grin]

Ahh well, I'm guessing there won't be many small size equipment for Shelg, but if there is a better shortbow he'll take it, as well as stock up on arrows. And if for some reason he'll find a pair of Elven Fighting Knives (or even just one), he'll take them (it) of course...

Poisons?? Sure why not.

No, nothing in the small size. He loads up arrows and doesn't find any better shortbows, however he does pick up a supply of new strings for his own. As far as poison, just what passes for drinking water on the Steel Virgin ... pretty fucking foul.
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2007, 08:03:44 AM »

Sareth has similar preferences to Amara- anything that looks interesting or enigmatic would be priority- he is a curious man.

What do I know about this Sarcosan girl that accompanies Grrak and Shelg?

Interesting ... hmm ... give me a Gather Information check.

As for Daniel, which you know is her name, you know that they picked her up from Theorin's camp. She was some sort of servant to the Orc Warlord that was security for the dig site. However, for a servant she's a hell of a fighter. She spent the combat launching arrows, like Shelg, from cover and targetting crewman that might try a rally.

That's expected from Shelg, he's been trained in combat but a Sarcosian girl? Looking her over Sareth sees that she's got the hard look of a fighter, someone that's become used to blood and violence. However, Sareth would know that a short time in the Enforcers will do that to a person.

You get hard and cold in Theorin service, or you get dead.
arnon

« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2007, 08:09:17 AM »

The cursed one? Sure. [grin]

Cool. Let me just mark that in my Equipment Wink
Lord Melkor
Lightbearer

« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2007, 09:37:50 AM »

So Daniel doesn`t seem like an easy person to be intimidated? I was thinking of interrogating her to learn more of Shelg and Grrak....

And if Izrador likes my rituals, perhaps I could get a small mechanical benefit, maybe something like Death Knell spell with delayed effect for next combat I am in?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 09:42:13 AM by Lord Melkor » Logged
Berova
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2007, 12:14:41 PM »

While Daniel can take care of herself, you should know that it would be readily apparent to anyone, Grrrak [and Shelg, though I wouldn't presume to speak for Arnon, now that that he's back Wink ] keeps an eye out on Daniel and wouldn't look down too kindly if anything happened to her. 

Grrrak will claim Gruntal's Vardatch (by your description, it's not clear to me, is it a crafted Vardatch? Is it obviously MW?) and breastplate. In addition, with the remaining part of his share, he'll take in the form of provisions and drink, and crossbow bolts to re-fill his quiver (he's fired what, a few bolts?).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 12:21:01 PM by Berova » Logged
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2007, 12:35:48 PM »

Amara'll have a shot at snaffling some of the less vile booze from the ship, with a view to sharing it with Char and his colleagues.

She'll also be quite genuinely and openly pleased to be invited to raid Taleel's own stash of clothes, and'll take her up on the offer.  At the very least, it'll be interesting to see what the reaver captain has acquired from her successes.   Wink
arnon

« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2007, 01:58:51 PM »

While Daniel can take care of herself, you should know that it would be readily apparent to anyone, Grrrak [and Shelg, though I wouldn't presume to speak for Arnon, now that that he's back Wink ] keeps an eye out on Daniel and wouldn't look down too kindly if anything happened to her. 

True that. Shelg has grown (though he might not admit it) a bit fond of this human female...
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #245 on: February 28, 2007, 07:43:54 AM »

So Daniel doesn`t seem like an easy person to be intimidated? I was thinking of interrogating her to learn more of Shelg and Grrak....

It can be tried, even the hardest person has a weakness.

And if Izrador likes my rituals, perhaps I could get a small mechanical benefit, maybe something like Death Knell spell with delayed effect for next combat I am in?

Izrador, like me, is fickle and vain.

I'll let you know.  twisted
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #246 on: February 28, 2007, 07:46:33 AM »

Grrrak will claim Gruntal's Vardatch (by your description, it's not clear to me, is it a crafted Vardatch? Is it obviously MW?) and breastplate. In addition, with the remaining part of his share, he'll take in the form of provisions and drink, and crossbow bolts to re-fill his quiver (he's fired what, a few bolts?).

Not crafted, but Masterwork. He's fired a couple, that's all. He's stocked back up.
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #247 on: March 09, 2007, 08:17:12 PM »

Will Amara have been able to find out from any of the "on mission" Enforcers (or Daneel) what their mission is?

All she knows is that she's to offer them assistance....
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #248 on: March 09, 2007, 11:03:53 PM »

Will Amara have been able to find out from any of the "on mission" Enforcers (or Daneel) what their mission is?

That's up to the other Enforcers, what they want to share.

Ah, life serving the Shadow.
Berova
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2007, 11:29:47 PM »

Here's her chance.  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: Under A Pale Gray Sky [OoC]
Jump to: