Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 29, 2020, 11:30:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Whenever you send a personal message it is not saved by default, either change that in your profile or select individual messages to save.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Under a Pale Grey Sky [IC]  (Read 117631 times)
Harrowed
Editor

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-1

« Reply #350 on: September 08, 2007, 12:09:17 AM »

Grrrak

"Greetings G'tul.  I am Grrrak.  How many days travel into the desert is this Walker-of-Dunes?"

"Assuming that we make good time, and the Serpent is with us,' he makes a gesture towards the sky, 'it should not take more than six days."

I like the cut of your jib. How do I subscribe to your newsletter?
-RPG.net
Berova
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #351 on: September 08, 2007, 01:02:55 AM »

Grrrak

Grrrak responded, "Good, then.  I am ready."

"Would this be sufficient water for the journey?"  Grrrak shows their guide his rather large waterskin (4x volume of a regular waterskin)
arnon

Spell Energy / Taint +8/-4

« Reply #352 on: September 08, 2007, 02:21:24 AM »

Shelg

Shelg was looking at the guide and nodded to himself, I'll have to adjust my clothing accodringly.

Six days...

"How much..." Shelg searched for a word "provisions will we need to bring with us?" Shelg hated the fact that he was not fluent in a language he needs. "We might need to go back to Ranjip for more desert supplies," he said to Grrrak.
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #353 on: September 08, 2007, 09:16:47 PM »

The guide looks at the waterskin and then back at Grrrak. While Shelg speaks he continues to stare at Grrrak.

"The desert is an uncaring whore. She takes you in her embrace and shows you wonders, but she doesn't care for you. She takes your money, she takes your life, she takes your soul. If you think that you have enough supplies, double it. Better burdened than bleached by the sun."
Berova
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #354 on: September 08, 2007, 10:19:10 PM »

Grrrak

Without turning to Shelg replied to him, "It appears G'Tul concurs with your assessment."

He then addresses the G'tul that is the desert guide, "You are wise in the way of the desert, we would be fools to disregard such wisdom."

"Before we double our supplies, do you have any other advice that may save us much trouble?"
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #355 on: September 09, 2007, 01:14:10 AM »

Grrrak

Without turning to Shelg replied to him, "It appears G'Tul concurs with your assessment."

He then addresses the G'tul that is the desert guide, "You are wise in the way of the desert, we would be fools to disregard such wisdom."

"Before we double our supplies, do you have any other advice that may save us much trouble?"

"Consider whether the knowledge that you seek is worth the risk you take. The desert has claimed many souls, they howl during the night, no one wishes to join their chorus."
Lord Melkor
Lightbearer

« Reply #356 on: September 10, 2007, 04:21:17 PM »

Sareth feels quite uneasy as he hears the warnings. He doesn`t enjoy the perspective of facing unknown, hostile environment- he actually spent almost all his life in Theros Obsidia.

"I don`t like how he is trying to scare us....it makes this desert of his sound like some kind of hostile entity whose whims are beyond comprehension. Are we sure we want to go with it? He may be trying to lead us into some kind of trap....anyway, if we are going, we need to be extremally well-prepared, his idea about doubling supplies sounds reasonable."  -Sareth glances as his companions, almost subconciously gripping Izrador`s symbol under his clothes.

i]Do desert winds obey your will, my Lord and Master?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 05:13:28 PM by Lord Melkor » Logged
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #357 on: September 21, 2007, 11:54:41 PM »

Arc of Halial, 24th Day
Early Morning
Clear Skies
Desert of Tears

Sand, sand, and more sand. It's been that way for two days. The only constant other than the sand, is the burning sun. It seems to beat down relentlessly only stopping when it's chased from the sky by the darkness.

Then comes the cold, most of the Enforcers wouldn't think that a desert could be so cold once the sun goes down but the temperature plummets leaving shivering people in it's wake.

Their guide pushes on relentlessly, one would almost admire his conditioning if it wasn't for the suffering that he leaves behind in the steps of the merciless pace.

Mid-day, on the forth day the guide pauses on the way up a sandy slope. His stop is abrupt enough to cause several of the Enforcers to stumble in surprise.

Under their feet the sand shifts, a low rumble. "Ready, yourself ..." That is all the guide gets out before the sand under his feet explodes upwards in a volcano of stinging sand. Out of the cloud of sand comes a chitinous talon, followed by a second, and then a third. The talon dig in for purchase and a massive scorpion tinged a bloody red pulls itself out of the collapsing sandy hole.

The creature lunges forward ... 

arnon

Spell Energy / Taint +8/-4

« Reply #358 on: October 02, 2007, 05:32:02 AM »

Shelg

The scorching sun, the endless sand, and the heavy heat... Shelg has never more appreciated all the shades of green of Eredane as he has these past two days. Even the rain, that has been as much a companion during this journey of his as Grrrak and Daneal were, was missed.

The guide was truly amazing in hid endurance.

The shout of warning from the guide took Shelg by complete surprise. He wasn't even sure what he was witnessing at first, and even when his mind started to process the new facts and this new situation, it took him another half a heart beat to remember the facts he heard about these creatures.

The tail carries poison! A knife with poison is much more dangerous than just a knife.

Jumping back while readying his bow, Shelg takes aim and losses an arrow at the tail, just bellow the poisonous sting.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: Under a Pale Grey Sky [IC]
Jump to: