Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 17, 2021, 09:45:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Threads are marked read only when you open them, if you leave the site and come back later they will still be marked as new, so there is no need to read all threads at once.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Under a Pale Grey Sky [IC]  (Read 118292 times)
Harrowed
Editor

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-1

« Reply #275 on: April 26, 2007, 07:05:28 AM »

Grrrak

"As for where is its precise location, your guess would be as good as any of ours, or Theorin's for that matter.  It is entirely possible, that she lies within the depths of the sea.  There's only one way to determine the truth to that."

She nods, "Get out there and take a look around."

"Serious magic you say... but you already have an idea?"

"No, not yet. I don't have those kind of resources. Finding a channeler that isn't corrupted by the Shadow and willing to work on a ship is rare, very rare. We're going to have to take a look at the area and then figure out what we need. If she's not submerged then we're good, if she is ... well ... then we'll have to make some decisions."

I like the cut of your jib. How do I subscribe to your newsletter?
-RPG.net
Berova
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #276 on: April 26, 2007, 10:52:56 AM »

Grrrak

"Willing?!" Grrrak threw out a loud laugh more akin to a roar, "How easily you forget who you're dealing with captain."

Grrrak's gaze turned briefly toward the legate before going back down to Captain Taleel, "I'm confident if one can, in fact, be found, we've ways to be convincing such that it wouldn't be a problem.  I've learned quite early, and my service to Theorin only served to reinforce it, one's willingness to serve rarely enters into it, when it comes to any matter involved with the Shadow."

"...however, your point is nevertheless well taken; finding a channeler with the necessary... uh talents, might be quite another challenge  altogether."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 03:16:33 PM by Berova » Logged
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #277 on: April 26, 2007, 03:24:42 PM »

Grrrak

"Willing?!" Grrrak threw out a loud laugh more akin to a roar, "How easily you forget who you're dealing with captain."

"There you are wrong my bloody friend, I never forget." She stares at Grrrak but he gets the feeling that  she's talking about other members of the Enforcers.

Grrrak's gaze turned briefly toward the legate before going back down to Captain Taleel, "I'm confident if one can, in fact, be found, we've ways to be convincing such that it wouldn't be a problem.  I've learned quite early, and my service to Theorin only served to reinforce it, one's willingness to serve rarely enters into it, when it comes to any matter involved with the Shadow."

"...however, your point is nevertheless well taken; finding a channeler with the necessary... uh talents, might be quite another challenge  altogether."

"That's the problem, finding a channeler might take some time but it is possible. Making sure that channeler has all the water and ocean related abilities we'll need if that thing is on the bottom, that's a different tale."
Berova
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #278 on: April 26, 2007, 04:14:14 PM »

Grrrak

"That's the problem, finding a channeler might take some time but it is possible. Making sure that channeler has all the water and ocean related abilities we'll need if that thing is on the bottom, that's a different tale."

Grrrak returned a nod, "As I've said, point well taken."
Lord Melkor
Lightbearer

« Reply #279 on: April 29, 2007, 03:35:42 PM »

Sareth has been silent, leaning on his chair and listening to the converstation. When Grrak spoke about the mysterious ship, he stared at him intently, then seemed to lost in his thoughts for the moment, stroking his small beard. But the last exchange between Grrak and Captain makes him react, as he considers the implied meaning. He grins towards Red Taleel, though his tone appears respectful.

"If I may ask, what do you exactly mean with this phrase "corrupted by Shadow"?"

Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #280 on: April 30, 2007, 02:15:06 PM »

He grins towards Red Taleel, though his tone appears respectful.
"If I may ask, what do you exactly mean with this phrase "corrupted by Shadow"?"

Arc of Halial, 3rd Day
Night
Overcast Sky
Western Coast of Asmadar

Red Taleel smiles and leans back against one of the ships support posts. "Well, you're a legate so I'll spell it out for you with the small words. There are normal folk, just trying to live their lives from one day to the next. Some of these folk are channelers, normal people just with another ability. Some of these folks get caught by the Shadow's Witch Takers. Next thing you know that normal folk is all scared up with a big symbol on his forehead, and going on about the glory of Izrador and if I love him. We call that corrupted down here."
Lord Melkor
Lightbearer

« Reply #281 on: May 02, 2007, 06:00:08 PM »

Legate studies Red Taleel`s face as she speaks, than he makes an amused expression and non-chalantly starts to play with his holy symbol.

"Corrupted, you say? But isn`t entire world corrupted then, since Shadow rules it? This is not a belief, but a statement of fact. The will of One God has conquered this world, and all have to submit to it or perish. All of us serve him, since we do the bidding of Theorin, whose desire is to please his God. And we may not even have any ideas in what ways will our actions serve him. And you are mistaken if you think that Izrador demands love. Respect, obedience and fear are enough for him, and fear is usually much more reliable than love.....though of course there must be ambition in his more capable servants, fear being the sole motivation for common slaves. But perhaps you are right that channeler we may find could be hostile to Shadow, and fear would be not enough to ensure his cooperation.... in this case I may pretend that I am not who I am. Would you be satisfied with such solution?"
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #282 on: May 02, 2007, 11:38:53 PM »

"Corrupted, you say? But isn`t entire world corrupted then, since Shadow rules it? This is not a belief, but a statement of fact. The will of One God has conquered this world, and all have to submit to it or perish. All of us serve him, since we do the bidding of Theorin, whose desire is to please his God. And we may not even have any ideas in what ways will our actions serve him. And you are mistaken if you think that Izrador demands love. Respect, obedience and fear are enough for him, and fear is usually much more reliable than love.....though of course there must be ambition in his more capable servants, fear being the sole motivation for common slaves. But perhaps you are right that channeler we may find could be hostile to Shadow, and fear would be not enough to ensure his cooperation.... in this case I may pretend that I am not who I am. Would you be satisfied with such solution?"

Red Taleel

"Legate, have you ever met a sentence that you didn't like?" She smiles slightly but Sareth can see the lines of tension on her face.

"Yes, Legate. It'll work, it'll satify me just fine. Now we've just got to get to that village in one piece."
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #283 on: May 03, 2007, 12:23:19 AM »

Arc of Halial, 3rd Day
Night
Cloudy Skies
Arydian Avielehrius, Highhorn Mountains

In the dark room an elven voice spoke in clipped tones.

"Activate"

A faint blue glow illuminated a dented silver basin. The water within the basin started to move until, in a few seconds, violent waves rolled across the surface of the three foot diameter basin. Not a drop of water from the basin struck the floor, the waves stopped short of the edge.

"Stop, activate."

The waves suddenly ceased and a voice spoke from the basin.

"Master, I have information."

The clipped tones held faint traces of musical notes, and of menace.

"What have I told you about language? Hmmm."

Panic from the voice of the basin.

"Apologies, my master. I shall remember."

"Information?"

"Yes, master. The Enforcers were here in Stormhold on board the Clear Sky. As you requested I surveilled as close to the ship as I could. I was able to confirm Grrrak, Shelg, Sareth, Amara, and a Sarcosian girl that I did not recognize ..."

The musical voice cut in. "Daniel, her name is Daniel. She was a lackey of Theorin's Warchief. The one with the hats, continue."

" ... ah ... yes ... They gathered supplies, and provisions. The captain, a Red Taleel, was one of the few that left the ship. They fear the warrants for their capture, I would assume. She traded weapons and armor to a Felous Kim, several crates of unknown types, in return for maps and charts of Asmadar."

Silence

"Adequate."

The waves in the basin ceased. Out of the darkess a hand so pale as to almost seem translucent waved over the water.

Another voice from the basin, deep and male.

"Master."

"Galrick, they make for the northern coast of Asmadar. They have obtained charts and maps. Where will they head to?"

"G'Tuh, master. It's the best place to trade on the northern coast. Have your instructions changed?"

"No, capture them and hold them for interrogation. I wish them intact."

The basin went silent.

Deep in a valley of the Highhorns a Worg howled, a howl that was carried from Worg to Wolf and back again across the mountain ranges.

A faint echo of it reached high to the open stone windows of Arydian Avielehrius.

Ardherin smiled, pearl white teeth exposed as bright red lips retracted.

"Run Enforcers, run. Who shall strike truth first?"

arnon

Spell Energy / Taint +8/-4

« Reply #284 on: May 03, 2007, 07:31:58 AM »

Shelg

Shelg sat in silence as the 'debate' between Red and Sareth went on.

He had nothing to say.

He was a tool made to serve, created for a purpose. To do what he was told, not to think, not to rational.  That was how he was trained: everybody has a purpose to do, and woe to he who disobeyed, and yet... And yet, in the recent past he has seen that some tools defy their function; some hammers strike not at nails, and some knives, as he himself was one, were not used for killing but for healing. And apparently not all who disobeyed were dealt with summarily.

He was created to weed out the weak, those the Shadow despises. Shelg knew that. But he also knew, from what he has seen, that some not serving the glory of the Shadow were much stronger than many he knew who served faithfully. He has known not a few Servants in his life... few ever impressed him.

People like Theroin were few and far between.
Berova
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #285 on: May 06, 2007, 01:41:32 PM »

Grrrak

Grrrak took in the word game engaged between the legate and Red Taleel without a word.  While he was not interested in entering in to the fray himself, he listened to the back and forth play intently.  He flexed his massively muscled battle-scarred arm to relax them to relieve his tension.
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #286 on: May 11, 2007, 07:34:20 AM »

Arc of Halial, 18th Day
Morning
Heavy Rain
Northern Coast of Asmadar

Miserable weather. That's all it's been for the last week, heaving decks and stomachs. Even the hardened sailors of the Clear Sky have expressed concern about the ferocity of the storm. Red Taleel was quick to tell them that storms circle the continent, without knowing the truth or lie, they take her word on face value. The whispering however continues.

Char approaches Amara below deck, she can tell that he enjoys her company and obviously wants more. "Three days to G'Tul, less if this damned storm would let up."
Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-0

« Reply #287 on: May 11, 2007, 08:22:04 AM »

Amara cracks a grin up at Char, reaching over to touch his arm with her fingertips.  "Thank you", she says softly.  There's a slight pallor to her skin, the ferocity of the storm in unfamiliar waters unsettling even her.

"The Pelluria can match the ferocity of this sea", she says quietly, after another heave of the deck beneath her feet.  "But I at least feel I know its habits.  This... the water and wind here are strangers to me.  And that is rather unsettling, when they are this hostile.  I can only imagine how our odrendor colleague is faring - I admit that I tend to avoid seasick orcs when possible."

Ex infernis, spes
Amethyst's Combat Stats
arnon

« Reply #288 on: May 12, 2007, 03:43:00 PM »

Shelg

Whatever fascination Shelg had with sailing and the sea from the start of their journey has mostly faded into a dim memory. His stomach rebelled against him at first, but after two days he managed to get her under control. He was keeping his food down and managing to keep his balance once again... Shelg hated feeling week and off balance. That is why Shelg stepped out to the deck at least twice a day, just to spite the wind and rain.

To show the storm she has no control over him.

On the third day of the storm the wind blew hard and stray line rushed towards Shelg, jumping up quickly and grabbing a rigging, Shelg hang there for an instant but just as he was about to let go a wave came crushing over the deck ripping him from the rigging. Shelg rolled on the deck towards the railing but did not panic, he reached out to his side and managed to wrap his arms around one of the supporters and rode the wave that way. His mouth and nose were full of the taste of salt but as he stood up after the wave passed he was smiling to himself, almost laughing. Taking a knife out he steadied himself against the wind: "You want a piece of me?" he shouted over the wind, and with a deft motion he cut one of his braids. He stood there for a short time looking at the braid, I still got enough to remind me of my mother and the Old Castle, he thought and i'll always have the scars.... "Here you go," he shouted, "Now stop bothering me."

He didn't like the storm more from that moment on, but it seemed to Shelg as if she had less interest in him...
Berova
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #289 on: May 13, 2007, 11:00:49 AM »

Grrrak

In the days following their discussion with Captain Red Taleel in the hold, Grrrak ventured onto the deck in the deep dark of night.  Night after night, he flung a grappling hook far overboard as if he was fishing for some gigantic fish suitable for an appetite only of his size.  In their many weeks at sea, Grrrak had grown more accustomed to the pitch and yaw of the deck and even the rolling motion of the ship.  This nightly foray all came to an end when their ship ran into the storm of the past week.  That first night of the storm, it was all he could do to maintain his footing.  The massive Orc grabbed hold of the lip of the cargo hatch and thought better of his continuing his nightly ritual.  The rough seas reminded him the part of their journey to Stormhold he had rather forget.  In the ensuing days and nights, when the intensity of the storm only strengthened, Grrrak abandoned any more thoughts of resuming his ritual.

When the days turned into weeks of boredom for Grrrak, he had never gone so long with a day passing he hadn't had to kill before.  Was he going mad or was he simply stir-crazy?  His nights with rope and grappling hook served to relieve the monotony of his days, but with the ferocity of the storm, that relief had long ended.  His temperment was on a knife's edge, it took little to set off his aggression.  Finally, one day, after a number bouts of drinking and carousing with the crew, Grrrak could take little more and decided to approach the Captain for insanity surely was not far way.  He could sense a rage so intense and deep within him he dared not let it release.  It wasn't like the extreme rage he felt before, it was all he could do to contain it.  Though extremely rare, Grrrak had seen it once before, another Odrendor when the madness overtook him had killed over 50 Orcs and Oruks before it was over.  He was in an uncontrolled bezerked frenzy, one that gave even Grrrak reason pause.  Thus, Grrrak made his way to the captain's quarters.  "Captain!" Grrrak growled fiercely over the howling storm, "When will this storm cease?!  I tire of this unending maelstrom!" His eyes bulging with obvious distress, his hands in a vise-like clamp against the nearest part of the ship.
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #290 on: May 13, 2007, 07:02:02 PM »

Amara cracks a grin up at Char, reaching over to touch his arm with her fingertips.  "Thank you", she says softly.  There's a slight pallor to her skin, the ferocity of the storm in unfamiliar waters unsettling even her.

Char smiles at the touch. Amara assumes that it's a smile, with Char all facial movements end in a grimace of reseeding scar tissue and bone.

"The Pelluria can match the ferocity of this sea", she says quietly, after another heave of the deck beneath her feet.  "But I at least feel I know its habits.  This... the water and wind here are strangers to me.  And that is rather unsettling, when they are this hostile.  I can only imagine how our odrendor colleague is faring - I admit that I tend to avoid seasick orcs when possible."

Char nods, "The crew has been avoiding disturbing Grrrak for just that reason. No one wants to be on the edge of that Deathbringer."
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #291 on: May 13, 2007, 07:14:06 PM »

Shelg

On the third day of the storm the wind blew hard and stray line rushed towards Shelg, jumping up quickly and grabbing a rigging, Shelg hang there for an instant but just as he was about to let go a wave came crushing over the deck ripping him from the rigging. Shelg rolled on the deck towards the railing but did not panic, he reached out to his side and managed to wrap his arms around one of the supporters and rode the wave that way. His mouth and nose were full of the taste of salt but as he stood up after the wave passed he was smiling to himself, almost laughing. Taking a knife out he steadied himself against the wind: "You want a piece of me?" he shouted over the wind, and with a deft motion he cut one of his braids. He stood there for a short time looking at the braid, I still got enough to remind me of my mother and the Old Castle, he thought and i'll always have the scars.... "Here you go," he shouted, "Now stop bothering me."

He didn't like the storm more from that moment on, but it seemed to Shelg as if she had less interest in him...

The storm lashed the deck again and a voice cut through the storm from the top deck. Wiping the rain from his face Shelg looked to the wheel. Urik, Shelg remembered, an Erenlander from somewhere inland. Crew rumors were something about a girl taken by a Legate and that same Legate going missing ... parts of him at least.

"Two ways to deal with the Ocean Shelg. You either love her and accept the abuse of her love,' a wave rocked the ship pushing him back against the rusty chain that held him against the wheel mounts, 'or you tell the bitch to go *&% herself and take your lumps."

Reaching down he pulled a Ceduku from his belt and slashed a length of his soaked hair, tossing it high into the storm. "Now go bugger the shore!" He howled grinning at Shelg.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 07:16:57 PM by Harrowed » Logged
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #292 on: May 13, 2007, 07:27:53 PM »

Grrrak

He was in an uncontrolled bezerked frenzy, one that gave even Grrrak reason pause.  Thus, Grrrak made his way to the captain's quarters.  "Captain!" Grrrak growled fiercely over the howling storm, "When will this storm cease?!  I tire of this unending maelstrom!" His eyes bulging with obvious distress, his hands in a vise-like clamp against the nearest part of the ship.

Red Taleel opened the door. Even for a human, to Grrrak's eyes, she was attractive. The long red hair, the scarred and muscled body of a woman used to fighting, the way that even in barely there silk dressing gown she still wore her Ceduku on her hip. All of this was backgroud thoughts, Grrrak's mind was full of rage and tension.

"My Orc is rusty, not much call for it." She placed a hand on Grrrak's chest, moving it slowly downwards. "So I'll say this in a language we both understand." That same hand paused, much lower.

With the other hand she pulled the dressing gown free of the belted sword. Naked, in the doorway, she smiled ... a hungry and slightly nervous, but eager smile.

"Come inside Grrrak, I'll give a storm you can hold in both hands." With that low hand she pulled Grrrak into her quarters.
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #293 on: May 13, 2007, 07:45:35 PM »

Char nods, "The crew has been avoiding disturbing Grrrak for just that reason. No one wants to be on the edge of that Deathbringer."

Amara grins up at Char again.  "I've always disliked sailing with orcs.  Hobgoblins - even goblins - can make competent sailors, even officers... but the dreaded odrendor?  Bah.  Still, Grrak certainly proved his worth in the boarding action, eh?  I'm used to thinking that I'm quite good in a fight, but Grrak and yourself...."  She chuckles ruefully.  "I hope that Taleel and Theorin stay on each other's good sides through all of this... and that she can hold off from baiting the legate or Grrak too much."
Berova
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #294 on: May 13, 2007, 10:55:28 PM »

Grrrak

As Taleel reached out to him, the Orc let out a growl of a predator and reflexively blared a rather large incisor.  When Taleel led him inside, Grrrak squeezed his way into the Captain's cabin.
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #295 on: May 18, 2007, 10:57:44 AM »

Arc of Halial, 20th Day
Early Afteroon
Clear Skies
Northern Coast of Asmadar
Port of G'Tul

The northern coast of Asmadar was scrub desert, a little vegetation that could survive close to the water but past that ... all desert. Shining gold sand as far as the eyes could see, and it had been that way since the Clear Sky slipped closer to the shore. G'Tul greeted the Clear Sky first with rocks.

The port was built into a natural bay, the circling currents had washed away the dirt and the rock to create a large cove almost 300' below ground level. At the very peak of the cove a waterfall poured over the top of the rocks and rained down upon an open section of the port city. From there the water flowed into the cove. The city itself was several hundred buildings made of rock, cut stone, and timber. A hodgepodge of eclectic structures built against, around, and, in a few cases, over top of each other. Sea gulls called out to the ship, streaking down over the decks. Several of the crew members threw scraps of bread and food up into the air, while the birds fought and dived to claim the falling bounty.

One of the crewmen, a gap toothed sailor, noticed Grrrak's and Shelg's questioning expression. They remembered him from the boarding action on the Steel Virgin, a fierce fighter that when pinned down tore a Orc's ear off with his teeth before ramming a dagger into that same Orc's eye. He grinned and threw another piece of bread into the air. One of the largest gulls, rammed another aside and guped down the morsel. "It's a good luck custom around here. They believe that you have to pay respects to both the sea, land, and air. When you come from the ocean to land you feed the gulls, it's good luck. They're suppost to bless you. Me, I'm just happy to have made it through that damned storm."

The rocky wall of the cove were overgrown. The grey of stones only peeked through in sections, the rest was a brightly colored mix of flowers, vines, moss, and nests of sea birds. A beautiful sight. The deep waters of the port was almost sapphire blue, and clear. So clear that a person could almost see to the bottom. Sareth glanced over the side and could just make out the wreck of a ship on the bottom, it's side staved in and masts broken. But he blinked and it was gone from view.

The port ahead was a mix of rough jutties of rocks and stones, piled high to make bays. Wooden timbers lined the sides and formed ramps to walk. Three other ships were in port, two of them at the opposite side of the port and the last birthed beside the Clear Sky. All looked to be merchant traders that had seen much better years. None looked capable of handling the open ocean.

The Clear Sky slipped into birth and men dressed in only leather pants threw rough ropes to the crew to tie off. They waved to the crew and started back down the dock passing another man walking towards the Clear Sky. He was dressed very similar, sandles and rough leather pants tied at the sides. His short black hair was flecked with white and silver. On his cheekbones were very precise scarred lines. Two on the left and four on the right.

"Greetings, I am G'Tul until my death, may it come quietly and slowly. Whom are you, and what do you bring with you?"
arnon

« Reply #296 on: May 23, 2007, 04:43:50 AM »

Shelg

Shelg watched from the stern of the ship in silence and with great interest. His knowledge of the Island of Asmadar and its people was limited to say the least. He remembers once overhearing a conversation between his mother and Legate Shavex about a captured Asmadarian. When he asked about it he was slapped hard for hearing what he shouldn't have, but was then told that it is a large island off the southeastern shores of Eredane that the Shadow is leaving be for the moment.

Shelg never expected to find himself off the Asmadarian shore... but Shelg learned to never expect anything. Take it as it comes and think on your feet, he was once told.

The ship was docked and he followed the black and silver haired man coming up to them, the scars on both his cheeks made Shelg conscientious of his own series of scars encircling his throat and his pushed down the urge to raise his hands and touch them. Just like mine they mean something, a reminder most probably. Shelg did not believe that these scars were in the same vein of the Orcs killing scars.

He spoke Traders and Shelg knew he probably didn't understand correctly: he's G'Tul and wants to die slowly? Shelg's Trader was rusty and basic.
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #297 on: May 23, 2007, 07:55:21 AM »

After a short pause to see if anyone else steps forward, Amara opts to do so - taking a couple of paces towards the man named after the port before offering him a rakish grin and a flourishing bow.

"You are aboard the noble ship Clear Sky, a vessel whose crew rejoice in being under the command of the wide-renowned Red Taleel.  We bring with us tidings, and an array of goods which might perhaps be exchanged should suitable items be available from those interested in trade here in G'Tul.  We also seek converse with indviduals learned in the lore of sea and storm in these parts.  Navigating the coastal waters of this great isle has thus far provided us with an interesting challenge."
Berova
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #298 on: May 24, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »

Grrrak

"It's a good luck custom around here. They believe that you have to pay respects to both the sea, land, and air. When you come from the ocean to land you feed the gulls, it's good luck. They're suppost to bless you. Me, I'm just happy to have made it through that damned storm."

"Humans and their own superstitions.  An old pirate is little different." Grrrak thought derisively.  He wasn't in any mood to quarrel with an old man. Even still he did feel fortunate to have survived the horrendous storm.  Grrrak wasn't sure how much more he would've been able to take before he would have taken out his maniacal distress on the crew or any of his fellow Enforcers even. He was certain that it surely wasn't by the good graces of the sea, land, or air, nor the ocean or the gulls, rather it was that of a woman.  If it weren't for Red...

The clear blue waters of the cove was a sight to behold.  It was like nothing Grrrak had seen before, and was in stark contrast to the dark choppy waters of the Pellurian sea or putrid waters off Stormhold.  Even the salty air was different.  As he looked over the town, he could only see an unspoiled opportunity, what wouldn't he give up to lead several hundred fists of Odrendor!

As the Clear Sky slipped into her berth, Grrrak watched with interest the goings on dockside.

"Greetings, I am G'Tul until my death, may it come quietly and slowly. Whom are you, and what do you bring with you?"

"We be your worse nightmare old man, we only bring death and destruction," Grrrak wanted to respond to the man with scarred cheeks but refrained from doing so.  Having spent all the time aboard the Clear Sky, Grrrak was a bit stir crazy... the good weather since the passing of the massive storm helped, but he needed to kill to truly clear his head.
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #299 on: May 24, 2007, 11:13:57 AM »

"You are aboard the noble ship Clear Sky, a vessel whose crew rejoice in being under the command of the wide-renowned Red Taleel.  We bring with us tidings, and an array of goods which might perhaps be exchanged should suitable items be available from those interested in trade here in G'Tul.  We also seek converse with indviduals learned in the lore of sea and storm in these parts.  Navigating the coastal waters of this great isle has thus far provided us with an interesting challenge."

"G'Tul welcomes you. Keep G'Tul's peace and G'Tul peace will keep you."

He walks up the plank to the deck of the ship, Char steps aside and lets him board. Red Taleel leans against the wheel, strangely quiet.

"The rules of G'Tul's peace are simple but misunderstanding happens." He points to the west. " Your land is there, your war is there, your Shadow in the your north is there. This is G'Tul and I have nothing to do with your land, your war, or your fallen god."

"If you are agreed then you may freely enter G'Tul, and enjoy all that I have to offer. If you do not agree then you will have to leave."

A loud caw attracts the attention of those on the deck. Glacing up, eyes shielded against the sun is a wonderous sight for some and a horrorifing sight for others.

A giant snake with wings of rainbow feathers, and scales that shimmer like gold circles over the Clear Sky. It cranes its head down and its tongue darts out and then disappears as quickly as it came. The creature banks and twists through the air with amazing agility not only for a flying snake but for a flying snake that is over 30' in length and close to the same in wingspan.

"I am G'Tul, and it is G'Tul,' he points to the creature above, 'will you keep our peace?"

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: Under a Pale Grey Sky [IC]
Jump to: