Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2019, 10:09:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Only Admins and Global Moderators can post threads on the News forum, but all logged users can reply to them.
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: The Lore of Clan Goran - Aftermath  (Read 7299 times)
Kane
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +12/-3

« on: June 21, 2010, 04:50:34 AM »

The war had indeed passed Clan Goran by. With the knowledge gained on the orcsí movements and how to better disguise their harvesting of food and game, they would survive. The Shadow would have difficulty supplying the siege of Calador and keeping control of the orc tribes moving under the mountains. Calador is doomed, but every arc it holds out further weakens and fractures the orc armies. The dwarves in the northern Kaladruns will be all but extinct, except for isolated clan holds that have sealed themselves off from the world.

Hopefully, Iíve given you some things to think about in respect to how the dwarven clan holds can survive, how to disguise your passage under the mountains, and a bit about the feral dwarves. I had promised myself that I would take a break from writing serials, but just like those annoying Windows 7 commercials, an idea just came to me.  I should be starting the new serial next week.

Kane
Lgaard
Heepa-Heepa

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 08:35:58 AM »

I found your series very interesting and consider to use your journal in the campaign I am GMing. My PC party is now heading towards Bodrun, so it might be a good opportunity for them to learn some dwarven lore.

Thanks!

<<Pls forgive the nooby his lack of etiquette skills: I dont know if you allow comments in this thread; if not, do not hesitate to delete this post>>
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 08:09:43 PM »

No worries, Lgaard.  This would be the appropriate thread to comment in.

Great story Kane.  I love the flavor and the style of telling.  You're really onto something here.  And I'm greatly excited to hear we have another to look forward to!

Dunkin stats
Kane
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 04:52:50 AM »

Pheros, Lgaard,

Glad you enjoyed it.  The next serial is based in Alvedara and may end up being the longest one I've written.  I'm still only a few chapters in, but to really tell the story is going to take some time.  Expect it Monday morning.

Kane
arnon

Spell Energy / Taint +8/-4

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 07:44:14 AM »

Kane,

As always, very well written and loaded with ideas I would love to brow when and if i get a Midnight game running (and then need to get the PCs to the mountains).

Eagerly awaiting the next serial...

-arnon
Dain
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +17/-2

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 02:59:33 PM »

Awesome story!
I was so delighted when I first read the whole thing that I couldn't just keep it for myself.
It took a while to setup a website but it's done now.
I put a parchment (a jewel case!) as a background for the text and there you go, people are really happy with the story.
Feedbacks are really good, saying that it's full of clever ideas, that they want to start an adventure to help the guys, inspiring, good mood, atmosphere and so on.

Please Kane, come back and write some more!
Don't you agree guys? Let's bring him back here!

Dain's happy, for sure Grin

french website, but still, have a look: Cerberus' Den
TwiceBorn
Editor

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 09:31:33 PM »

Nice website, Dain, and yes, I agree -- I'd love to see Kain write more stories and develop more of his awesome monsters and covenant items. Or maybe lunch a gazetteer style project?

I think I would enjoy the stories even more if all chapters were compiled into one document and re-formatted.

Dain
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 02:12:59 AM »

... Or maybe lunch a gazetteer style project?
I would love to participate in such a project if it comes to happen, as many around here would, I reckon Wink

I think I would enjoy the stories even more if all chapters were compiled into one document and re-formatted.
This I can do! In fact, I intended to do it in french first, but there's nothing to stop us to do it now in english.
Because Kane's work fits very well with some FFG illustrations that we can find in the books, I wanted to build a pdf that matches the formatting of MN2E. Meaning, the first page will be in 2 columns, artwork on the left, and the rest of the story with a background layer.
Does it sound good to you?

I would gladly do it if you take the proof reading for yourself Wink
What do you say? Deal?
TwiceBorn
Editor

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 09:21:05 AM »

I would love to participate in such a project if it comes to happen, as many around here would, I reckon Wink
This I can do! In fact, I intended to do it in french first, but there's nothing to stop us to do it now in english.
Because Kane's work fits very well with some FFG illustrations that we can find in the books, I wanted to build a pdf that matches the formatting of MN2E. Meaning, the first page will be in 2 columns, artwork on the left, and the rest of the story with a background layer.
Does it sound good to you?

I would gladly do it if you take the proof reading for yourself Wink
What do you say? Deal?

I'd be happy to proofread/edit... so deal! Of course, I need to start by doing better proofreading of my own posts (still cringing at my last post, when I mentioned the idea of "lunching" a gazetteer style project  Roll Eyes Laugh).
Dain
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 09:17:49 AM »

I'd be happy to proofread/edit... so deal! Of course, I need to start by doing better proofreading of my own posts (still cringing at my last post, when I mentioned the idea of "lunching" a gazetteer style project  Roll Eyes Laugh).
Great!
I'll do it during the week, we keep in touch Wink
Dain
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 03:48:16 AM »

Hi guys,
I just finished translating into french the whole story about the Clan Goran and the brood of nagoth. I also wrote 2 short adventures about possible events that may follow the story.
I intend to propose the same material in english but the text will need proof reading, I must admit. 

Are there anyone interested in english proof reading ?

The text will be about 15-20 pages. 13 pages for Kane's story and description of the Brood of nagoth (which won't need much proof reading I believe). The rest ... well, will definitely need proof reading as I'm the author  Roll Eyes
Here are some teasers.

Synopsis of the stories:
Synopsis 1: Progeny of Shadow
Short adventure mixing investigation and combat within the stronghold of clan Goran. An interesting goal is to warn players about magic items, that may not always be as nice and handy as it seems.
Prologue:
After giving back the notes of the lorekeeper to the dormut of clan Goran, Sùl, the last of the three brothers got back to the caverns to find tracks of his fellows.
He unfortunately didn't find anything valuable to figure out whether there would be survivors or not and found by mischance the den of the mighty beast that slaughtered some of them.
Finding himself in the middle of broodlings, he only saved his life because of a silver token of Izrador, token found around the neck of a corpse of a legate, and that seems to repulse the beasts.
Taking the holy symbol with him, wounded but alive, he succeeds to go back to the stronghold.
Plot:
Sùl has lost his mind because of unhealed fever and takes the token hidden from anyone.
Eviscerated bodies start to be found within the stronghold. Pcs, members of clan Goran, have to investigate to understand the truth about theses murders, involve Sùl and his story, and find a way to get rid of the threat.
4 scenes are shortly developed: Discovery/ Investigation/Hunt/ Decision of pcs (3 options proposed: Back the brood to its den/ Trap and Kill/ Trap and master the beast)
The token was the property of a legate that was in charge to lead the creatures and strike strongholds, but died of his wounds after an ambush. The carrier of the token of Izrador can't be attacked by the brood/ broodlings of Nagoth. He is seen as the true master and they are bound to him, making them to always stay close to him, wherever he might be. The token acts like a beacon and the brood/ broodlings are attracted by it.

Synopsis 2: Shadow of a brother
Time: 3 months after the story of the book of clan Goran
Short adventure about dungeon crawling along tunnels and caverns. The goal of this synopsis is to allow pcs to use their knowledge of the kaladruns and, for a change, allow them to set up a plan from start to end. No mandatory storyline, just areas provided, maps and ideas.
Plot:
Pcs are sent to gather food in mushroom caverns and else. By chance, they find the feral dwarf along a tunnel. Wounded, he is barely alive and warns the PCs of a great threat coming along, without being able to make himself understood properly.
Pcs are investigating and find the presence of odrendor troops close by. The pcs understand the threat when they see Darol, one of the brothers, in chains and almost naked. His behaviour looks bizarre and close look reveals he became mad and wild. Suppurating wounds are easily seen on his body and he is kept just alive enough to do his duty. There is no doubt he is helping the orcs and may lead them to the stronghold of clan Goran. Pcs have to find a way to prevent the orcs to find the stonghold, even it means murdering one of their kind and die in the attempt.
3 scenes are shortly developed: Discovery/ Investigation/ Decision of pcs (Common areas are described. Bridge, Mining place, subterranean river, and maybe more -still writting the section- )

There will be artworks from MN sourcebooks for illustrations as well as some of my own work. Find attached a wip of my vision of a brood of Nagoth Wink

Any help will be welcome. It'll be better for everyone if they don't get headaches by reading me. Actually, helping may solve a possible issue of public health!  Grin

* nagoth-wip2.jpg (92.5 KB, 1327x874 - viewed 537 times.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:58:18 AM by Dain » Logged
Kane
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 04:13:52 AM »

Dain,

I'm happy to do proof reading. I don't know any French, but I'm fairly reasonable at English.

Kane
Dain
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 04:51:45 AM »

Deal Wink
TwiceBorn
Editor

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 08:54:52 PM »

I'm looking forward to this!
Dain
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 01:19:05 AM »

Find attached an illustration of my vision of the brood of nagoth that will apear in the adventures I'm working on.
Enjoy

* nagoth3.jpg (49.94 KB, 650x654 - viewed 505 times.)
TwiceBorn
Editor

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 11:54:59 AM »

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: The Lore of Clan Goran - Aftermath
Jump to: