Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2020, 02:49:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

If you want to keep in touch with all Midnight news, subscribe to our News Forum, then every time a news item is posted you will be notified!
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: The Lore of Clan Goran - Chapter 12 - Discovery  (Read 1261 times)
Kane
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +12/-3

« on: June 14, 2010, 04:38:00 AM »

We watched as the orcs stripped the caravan of food and whatever else they felt they needed. We were too exposed so I started the group back south. We’d gone less then a mile when we heard another group of orcs approaching from further south. We were caught between the two groups and we needed a way out. The only option was to retreat to the north and hope to make it out of the large cavern unseen.  It had a number of exits and I would take anyone that would get us out alive.

Our bad luck continued as the orcs raiders were stilled camped around the ambushed caravan. There was no safe way out; whatever path we chose would be seen. Stealth would not help; we’d have to move quickly and try to lose them in the tunnels. If we couldn’t we needed a place to make a stand. We were so close to finishing our mission and now we were going to die.

I had to chose between two tunnels, one leading west and the other east. The west tunnel might eventually lead us home, and as much as I was tempted to take it, I couldn’t risk exposing the clan hold. East it was.  With the southern orcs getting closer by the second, I whispered for the men to run east. There was no way to avoid detection and the alarm was quickly raised by the orcs.

I held out faint hope that the orcs would not abandon their spoils to chase us. It was also possible that the two orc groups would fight amongst themselves. Those hopes were dashed fairly quickly. Down the passage, I could hear the first sounds of pursuit. The orcs may be deserters but they are still our ancestral enemy and that hatred runs deep. They would not stop until they had quenched that hatred with our blood.
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: The Lore of Clan Goran - Chapter 12 - Discovery
Jump to: