Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2019, 10:28:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Did you know any logged user can submit a new article or download to the site?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Clarion Quietus (OOC) Part 1  (Read 269136 times)
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #575 on: June 08, 2011, 10:37:14 AM »

Sorry, I'm trying to catch up. Didn't I move to the top of the initiative order?

If you wait for his turn you'll be giving up this round's action. I'll count that as refocusing, bringing you to the top of the initiative for next round.

Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« Reply #576 on: June 08, 2011, 10:55:03 AM »

Frack! Totally forgot. My mistake. It will be so next round, and I'll let you ignore the Staggered condition this round (giving you a full-round action)

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #577 on: June 08, 2011, 11:09:55 AM »

'll let you ignore the Staggered condition this round (giving you a full-round action)
That's good since I'm only Fatigued anyway. Tongue
Doomed Hero

« Reply #578 on: June 08, 2011, 11:15:44 AM »

Man. Got me twice. That's what I get for doing this while I'm tired.

Doesn't happen often. As a reward for my incompetence, raise Ivy's Karma by 2.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #579 on: June 08, 2011, 10:22:08 PM »

Eirik, you're up.

Nefario, you don't need to wait for Linus' action if you don't want to. I doubt what you do will impact him in any way.
Sholano
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #580 on: June 09, 2011, 12:35:52 AM »

And again with the carrying people. Lemme know if that seems unreasonable, Wolfen, but Dorin figures Eirik said he couldn't run - and Dorin can totally run carrying both of you, so here we go!

Oh, and if Eirik's cool with that, go ahead and do Dorin's movements in your post. No point in waiting for me to say, 'and then he continued doing the thing i said earlier.'

"You want me to what?! ... Gimme a minute."
Dorin's combat data | Dorin's character sheet
Doomed Hero

« Reply #581 on: June 09, 2011, 01:14:29 AM »

I'll just make the call on Encumbrance now. Dorin can't do this if Eirik weighs more than 180, and this is cool, so by the laws of coolness I decree that Eirik's weight is less than 180. Wolfen the actual weight is up to you (so long as it is less than 180)

As long as I'm on the subject, I'd like everyone to check their sheets and make sure that you have your weight written down, and an encumbrance limit chart for easy reference in case the "can I lift them" question comes around again.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #582 on: June 09, 2011, 01:20:35 AM »

Dorin, you are at the bottom of the switchback. The wagon is near the top. That means that you can hear it but you can't see it. Id like you to revise your post to reflect that.

For clarity, imagine you are against the wall at the base of a cliff and at the top is a person walking around. In order to see them you would have to walk away from the base to get a better angle, or they would have to lean over the edge.

The wagon getting so close to the edge of the cliff does shower some debris down
into the cove. Feel free to use that if you wish.
Matt
Lightbearer

« Reply #583 on: June 09, 2011, 03:48:09 AM »

How far away from Nef did Cara disappear? How far is Reggie?
Doomed Hero

« Reply #584 on: June 09, 2011, 08:40:45 AM »

Reggie is about ten feet away. Cara vanished about twenty feet away.
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #585 on: June 09, 2011, 04:13:24 PM »

DH, now that we're using mechanics, does it make sense to have a thread dedicated to tracking temporary modifications to stats, e.g. Vit and Wounds, conditions, Karma, attack bonuses etc., rather than modifying the character sheet in the Book of Legends? We could create one post per character and put all currently relevant stats in it, modifying as we go.
Gabboge
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #586 on: June 09, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »

If we did that we should have a sub folder for it. But I think it's not that hard for both us and DH to keep track.

\"No Mr.Bond..... I expect you to die!\"  -Travis.
Matt
Lightbearer

« Reply #587 on: June 09, 2011, 06:41:14 PM »

Hey dh, let me know if my mechanics are off (its been a while), but I took my move action to hide and held my attack action while observing. Would it be possible to use the held attack to wing a knife at Reggie when I saw him change, then use this turn to doubletime out the door?

I posted with this idea. If I am wrong let me know and I can edit.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:03:29 PM by Matt » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #588 on: June 10, 2011, 12:39:27 AM »

The action you're looking for is called a Readied Action.

Basically it's a standard action that you set to resolve under some stated condition.

In this case you could have said something like "I ready to throw a knife at Reggie if he does anything hostile"

What is hostile is kind of up to you so, before your turn started, you could have Just said "shapeshifting seems pretty hostile. I throw my knife."

We'll pretend all that is exactly what you did.

That means you threw your knife right before your initiative, giving you a full action to run.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #589 on: June 10, 2011, 09:32:27 AM »

DH, now that we're using mechanics, does it make sense to have a thread dedicated to tracking temporary modifications to stats, e.g. Vit and Wounds, conditions, Karma, attack bonuses etc., rather than modifying the character sheet in the Book of Legends? We could create one post per character and put all currently relevant stats in it, modifying as we go.

Everyone please check the new Meta Thread.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #590 on: June 10, 2011, 09:57:34 AM »

Initiative Order

Ivy (22 damage taken. 3 Wound points left, Fatigued)
Dorin

- Temporary Game Halt-

Siobahn
Reggie
Cloaked Figures
Amethyst
Garion
Mandag
Otter and Star (Both injured by lightning)
Wendle
Eirik (18 damage taken, 8 wounds left, Fatigued)
Linus (down)
Nefario
Baily (down)
Cara
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:00:13 AM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #591 on: June 10, 2011, 10:05:58 AM »

Unfortunately I'm going out of town again, and I won't have access to my computer. I want to do a sort of panorama view of what the folks from the wagon see as they finally reach the cove, complete with visual aids, but I can't do that from my phone, so I'm forced to pause the game for a bit.

For dramatic purpose I've given Siobahn a bonus to her initiative, so as soon as I get back her action will be first. Ilona, if you'd like to do a preliminary reaction to everything she's just heard before I get back and continue with your actual actions, go ahead.

Ivy and Dorin, go ahead and post. Everyone else, I'm sorry you'll have to wait.

I'll be back on the 20th. Think of this as a cliffhanger before the next episode.
Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-0

« Reply #592 on: June 10, 2011, 10:08:01 AM »

Meep!

I hope that real life goes well for you. Smiley

Ex infernis, spes
Amethyst's Combat Stats
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #593 on: June 10, 2011, 01:35:52 PM »

DH, if you're still around, do you want to randomize my spells?
Doomed Hero

« Reply #594 on: June 10, 2011, 05:39:32 PM »

Real life is awesome. I'm just moving and taking a trip to Vegas.

Ivy, please do. A note on your path- I'm going to say that you've never had Channeled magic cast around you. It's all either been innate or a ritual spell that's had it's aura dampened. We'll have your path trigger when magic is cast around you for the first time. It'll be soon, don't worry.
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #595 on: June 10, 2011, 05:51:07 PM »

Ah, ok. So I guess I'm not casting this move? I assumed that I got some energy to start.

I was thinking you were going to roll the randomization but I'm cool with the honor system too.

Level 0: Daze
Level 1: Color Spray

If I'm not casting, then I'm just holding on for the escape.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #596 on: June 10, 2011, 05:56:11 PM »

Just read your IC post. Should have checked it first.

I think I still want it to "trigger" kind of like Siobahn's has. Would you mind giving me a different action?

In the future, at the beginning of any encounter (or any time you ask if you're just trying to cast spells out of combat) I'll roll a d100 for each level of spell you have and post the numbers. You just go down your spell list. I think you only ever have between two and four spells of any given level, so doing the percentages is pretty straight forward. That sound good to you
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #597 on: June 10, 2011, 06:40:25 PM »

Which one did you want me to make different? The one where I was casting or the current one where I took it out?
Doomed Hero

« Reply #598 on: June 10, 2011, 07:21:39 PM »

The current post is fine, though you haven't actually done anything so I'll assume you're delaying your action.

Matt (and anyone else not completely familiar with the rules) Delaying an action is different than Readying an action, though they are similar.

Readying an action is like setting a trap. When the trigger condition is met, the action occurs. This can actually interrupt or supersede the actions of others, or even completely negate them (I ready an action to sidestep ten feet if he charges me). Readied actions can only be standard actions, and do not change your initiative order. Also, if the trigger condition isn't met, the readied action is lost.

Delaying an action is simply waiting. You can jump in whenever you want, but cannot interrupt another action. Essentially, you go immediately following the preceding character. You get your full round action, and your order in the initiative changes accordingly.

To give you an example of the difference, with a readied action you could run up and push someone out of the way of an arrow. (charging is a standard action as long as you havent moved yet in the round, and only move your base speed) With
 a delayed action you could see the arrow coming and decide to move, but you'd be a moment too late, could catch your injured companion and shoot back. (move as normal, catch companion for free, fire as standard.)

Make sense?

Also, can someone cut and paste this into Meta so both groups see it and we don't derail ooc with any discussion?
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #599 on: June 10, 2011, 11:02:19 PM »

I'll assume you're delaying your action.
True fax.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Clarion Quietus (OOC) Part 1
Jump to: