Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2020, 06:29:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Threads are marked read only when you open them, if you leave the site and come back later they will still be marked as new, so there is no need to read all threads at once.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Clarion Quietus (OOC) Part 1  (Read 281520 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
wolfen_child
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Gender: Female
Posts: 231



« Reply #550 on: June 04, 2011, 01:53:44 PM »

Alright, just to be clear, Eirik's taken 12 damage, which is all of his Vitality. That means, if I take any more damage it goes to Wound, correct?
Logged

Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #551 on: June 04, 2011, 02:32:07 PM »

That's right.
Logged

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
wolfen_child
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Gender: Female
Posts: 231



« Reply #552 on: June 04, 2011, 05:04:54 PM »

Thanks DH.
Logged
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #553 on: June 04, 2011, 07:16:12 PM »

Nefario, your turn.
Logged
Matt
Lightbearer
*

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Posts: 99


« Reply #554 on: June 05, 2011, 08:18:13 AM »

Nef'd like to gain some kind of concealment, draw a throwing dagger from the dropsheath, and hold until he can get a better picture. He wants to get claws deep in Reggie, and ask the bastard some hard questions.

Also I somehow missed most of page 31 when it was originally posted. That woulda been my time to talk to Reggie. Whoops, I feel like a heel.  At least it explains why I've felt a little lost. ohwell
Logged
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #555 on: June 05, 2011, 08:32:21 AM »

Your cover options are:

 back to the wall next to the mouth of the cave

inside the cave using an upended table

Inside or behind the canoe

Where would you like to be?
Logged
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #556 on: June 05, 2011, 03:00:43 PM »

Matt, we'll say moving to whatever cover you choose is a move action, and that you can make out Reggie from wherever you decide to end up. You have a standard action left this round. Once you're done I'll post Cara's action and then it's Dorin's turn.
Logged
Matt
Lightbearer
*

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Posts: 99


« Reply #557 on: June 05, 2011, 05:00:02 PM »

Can I hold behind the table and keep an eye on Reggie?
Logged
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #558 on: June 05, 2011, 05:06:34 PM »

Absolutely. Do you want to give an IC post, or should I move on?
Logged
Pheros
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,502



WWW
« Reply #559 on: June 05, 2011, 05:11:39 PM »

Hey DH,

I'm traveling the next week or so, but will have sporadic contact.  I'm thinking this scene will take a while to play out yet, but if not I'll check in as I can so don't hold up a switch to the mountain group on me.
Logged

1.6180339887...
Dunkin stats
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #560 on: June 05, 2011, 05:13:11 PM »

Thanks for the heads up. This scene will probably take another two weeks or so to play out, so you should be fine.
Logged
Matt
Lightbearer
*

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Posts: 99


« Reply #561 on: June 05, 2011, 11:35:28 PM »

At work. Go ahead
Logged
Sholano
Bane of Legates
****

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Gender: Male
Posts: 589



« Reply #562 on: June 06, 2011, 08:11:04 PM »

Am I up? The scene's a tad confusing, I just wanted to make sure it was my turn before I went ahead.
Logged

"You want me to what?! ... Gimme a minute."
Dorin's combat data | Dorin's character sheet
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #563 on: June 07, 2011, 01:06:41 PM »

Alright, I realize this scene is a little confusing and I'm having trouble getting a map up. Please go ahead and ask any questions you like. I'm going to give a detailed description in lieu of a map.

The Cove

Imagine you're looking down on the area from above. On the left side of the map is the Eren River running north-south. A jutting inlet comes off of itslanting to the north east. this is where the boats come in. They travel on a short curve until they enter the cove itself from directly south. On the map this small curved inlet would be in the lower left hand corner.

The cove itself looks like a pair of circles when viewed from above. The largest circle is the water. it is about 40 feet across. The smaller one is Lookout Island, which is about ten feet across and set on the northern side of the water (together they look something like an eye looking up)

A ten foot plank of wood bridges the gap between the island and the sand bar. (most of the group is near the plank) On the map the sand bar itself looks like a crescent sitting on top of the circle that represents the water. Imagine it sitting directly on top, and then just slide it slightly to the north-east so it's sitting a little jaunty. The sandbar is 15 feet wide at it's thickest point and narrows as it curves to either side.

Along the curve some 15 feet north-east of the plank is the mouth of the cave. some twenty feet down the curve after that is the opening of the switchback that leads above to the plains. (Dorin is about ten feet north of this position)

The mouth of the cave leads to a very short curved tunnel. It is only about five feet long but makes a 45 degree turn so you can't quite see into the cave from outside.

The cave itself is about 15 by ten and has a couple tables and chairs in it. (Nefario is currently behind one of them). On the opposite wall from the mouth is another tunnel leading deeper into the cave system. (where the cloaked figures were before everything started going wrong)

Hope that clears things up a bit.
Logged
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #564 on: June 07, 2011, 01:18:29 PM »

Ok, Eirik miraculously made his save and only took 6 points of damage from the lightning, but he failed the fort save against taking wound damage, so he is now fatigued.

Dorin didn't make his save against the lightning, but i rolled almost minimum damage. He took 5 damage, the lucky guy.

The folks on the wagon are still a round away, but I'm including them in the initiative in case they have any prep actions they'd like to take. As it switches locations just give me a "above on the wagon" or "below in the cove" description to mark the 'camera shift'.

Initiative Order

Ivy (22 damage taken. 2 Wound points left, Fatigued)
Dorin
Reggie
Cloaked Figures
Amethyst
Garion
Mandag
Otter and Star (Otter injured by lightning)
Siobahn
Wendle
Eirik (18 damage taken, 8 wounds left, Fatigued)
Linus (Injured by lightning)
Nefario
Baily (badly injured by lightning)
Cara (invisible in the fog again)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:56:09 AM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #565 on: June 07, 2011, 01:23:21 PM »

As a note, I'm not a stickler on initiative orders for the two groups becuase at the moment the actions of one side shouldn't impact the other. If Siobahn posts before Ivy, for example, I don't mind. It won't be an issue this round.

In following rounds when the groups meet up, this will be the order. It's a lot of characters and will get even worse once the villains arrive, but 8 of them are me. As long as everyone can give me a post a day it should move right along.
Logged
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #566 on: June 07, 2011, 03:26:26 PM »

It hasn't been brought up yet, but I'm totally find with verbal responses mid-action. Just keep them appropriately short. That means Eirik is free to respond as soon as he'd like.

Ivy, Dorin is trying to pick you up. Do you let him?

Dorin, moving and picking up an unattended object (such as a halfling) sounds like a move action to me. You have a standard action left. I'll let you break your action up pending the response from Ivy.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:28:52 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #567 on: June 07, 2011, 04:17:12 PM »

Amethyst, Siobahn and Ivy, your turns. Doesn't matter which order.
Logged
Sholano
Bane of Legates
****

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Gender: Male
Posts: 589



« Reply #568 on: June 07, 2011, 05:55:18 PM »

Dorin, moving and picking up an unattended object (such as a halfling) sounds like a move action to me. You have a standard action left. I'll let you break your action up pending the response from Ivy.

Alrighty.
Logged
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander
***

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0
Posts: 431



« Reply #569 on: June 08, 2011, 01:29:45 AM »

2 things.

I need to know when Siobahn gets close enough to actually see Cara, and are we still currently going with the fact that she doesn't really have proper control of the abilities of her path yet, but that they're tied to her emotional state?
Logged
Exile
Bane of Legates
****

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-0
Posts: 932



WWW
« Reply #570 on: June 08, 2011, 04:12:07 AM »

*meeps, and starts dousing the wagon in water*
Logged

Ex infernis, spes
Amethyst's Combat Stats
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #571 on: June 08, 2011, 07:14:01 AM »

I need to know when Siobahn gets close enough to actually see Cara, and are we still currently going with the fact that she doesn't really have proper control of the abilities of her path yet, but that they're tied to her emotional state?

I'll make sure you know when you see her.

I like the emotional state take on your powers. You can play it however you like in terms of experimenting with control (or lack thereof). I've never seen you make questionable character choices, so you have carte blanche with me in that regard.
Logged
wolfen_child
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Gender: Female
Posts: 231



« Reply #572 on: June 08, 2011, 09:59:35 AM »

It hasn't been brought up yet, but I'm totally find with verbal responses mid-action. Just keep them appropriately short. That means Eirik is free to respond as soon as he'd like.

Was going to ask about that before so that I could answer Linus, but I got distracted.
Logged
wolfen_child
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0
Gender: Female
Posts: 231



« Reply #573 on: June 08, 2011, 10:01:02 AM »

Would it be okay to respond to Dorin here or would you like me to wait since it would seem out of place at this point DH?
Logged
Doomed Hero
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #574 on: June 08, 2011, 10:18:45 AM »

Go ahead and respond now. It's combat. It should feel a little haphazard and unpredictable.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Clarion Quietus (OOC) Part 1
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
AtS Dark Mercury design by Nifelhein, based on the Mercury theme by Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.117 seconds with 30 queries.
TinyPortal © 2005-2011