Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 09:21:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Avoid offending or attacking other users, be polite and well mannered and only good will come from it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Clarion Quietus (OOC) Part 1  (Read 260096 times)
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« on: May 25, 2010, 08:32:13 PM »

Cast so far-

Nefario, Fiendhearted halfling rogue, played by Matt

Siohban, Fireborn Sarcosan Fighter, played by Ilona

Dorin, Juggernaut Dorn Barbarian, played by Sholano

Marakal, Shadowed Erenlander Fighter played by Arnon

Amethyst, Heavensent Erenlander Factotum played by Exile

Eirik, Seer Erenlander Wildlander played by Wolfen Child

Kjellan, Dwarrow Binder played by Twiceborn

Dunkun, Dwarven Wildlander played by Pheros

Ivy, Jack-of-all-Trades Elfling Rogue played by Neverfox

An Orc, played by Chops

The game will start in two separate parties.

The Western party so far consists of Matt, Ilona, Sholano, Exile and Wolfen and will begin the game in the northern plains

The Eastern party so far consists of Arnon, Pheros and Twiceborn and will begin the game in the Kaladruns at a Kurgun stronghold called Durgis Rock.

Chops will be joining the game later.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 05:06:30 AM by Nifelhein » Logged

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
Doomed Hero

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 11:17:17 PM »

I know everyone's still working on their characters, but I'm going to get started on some backstory scenes, starting with Siohban. There won't be much in the way of rolls made, mostly just scene-setting role-play.

I'll end up having a few separate scenes going simultaneously in a week or two. To keep the narrative easy to follow, please remember to put the location of the scene at the top of your posts. This is not necessary if the new post is in the same location as the previous one, but if your post "cuts away" to a new location, please remember the heading.
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 12:57:53 PM »

Awesome, how do I create an alias here or do I just keep posting as myself and work with narrative?
Doomed Hero

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 01:16:22 PM »

Yeah, we can't do Aliases here, sadly. Work with narrative. It's good for story.
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 01:24:08 PM »

It helps readers if (in addition to location as DH asks) you post the character's name in bold at the top of each post.  Especially true for people that don't have avatar graphics under their username...helps keep dialog straight when your reading a number of posts quickly (especially for people not involved with the game)

Dunkin stats
Doomed Hero

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 01:37:41 PM »

It helps readers if (in addition to location as DH asks) you post the character's name in bold at the top of each post.  Especially true for people that don't have avatar graphics under their username...helps keep dialog straight when your reading a number of posts quickly (especially for people not involved with the game)

What he said.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 06:30:52 AM »

Ilona, check the first post again. Since you've been gone it's been 9 days. You've nearly died of starvation and food poisoning in that time. The halflings saved you, fed you, healed you and brought you back home.

Might want to edit your last IC post.
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 10:42:54 AM »

oops!
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 03:22:16 PM »

Should we include a description in our profile or save it for the narritive?
Doomed Hero

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 06:30:16 PM »

Should we include a description in our profile or save it for the narritive?

Both. Descriptions are always contextual, so providing a basic description in your sheet, and providing more detailed info in the story is a good way to go.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 06:55:27 PM »

A note to everone

In this game there is no Out Of Character talk in the In Character thread. We have an OOC thread for that. Don't worry about Grey-texting, just use the OOC thread. It'll keep things aesthetically consistent in IC.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 09:14:59 AM »

Exile, this is Amethyst's intro. She's reached her destination. It's been torched. Bodies and orcish boot-prints are everywhere. She's currently searching the ruins. There is an old man in very bloody clothes and a young, dark-skinned woman in an ash-covered coat clutching a small greyish box. They stand in the burned out frame of a house. There's nowhere to hide, so they will see you.
Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +5/-0

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 01:51:13 PM »

The stuff in my post about Amethyst seeming unthreatening is an attempt to allude to the impact of her Heavensent path.  I'm presuming that neither of those present are Evil, and that there'll be an initial shift in attitude in her favour as a result. Wink

Ex infernis, spes
Amethyst's Combat Stats
Doomed Hero

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 01:57:26 PM »

PC's aren't subject to attitude adjustment, so Siobhan will react as Ilona chooses (though she may take it into account), but Grandfather certainly will be effected.

By the way, you guys and your awesome avatars made for the game totally make my day.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 02:01:06 PM by Doomed Hero » Logged
Doomed Hero

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 06:18:37 PM »

Exile, Ilona, I'm going to let you two run with this for a bit, and jump in with Grandfather at some point, but don't wait for me to post.

Also, once the girls have met and exchanged some information, I'm going to cut away to Nefario and Twiceborn's Dwarrow if he's ready.

Twiceborn, don't worry about having your sheet completely done when that kicks off. There won't be any rolls to be made. Just have a name and the basics. I'll fill in your backstory once you've picked the major building blocks.
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 06:21:47 PM »

By the way, you guys and your awesome avatars made for the game totally make my day.

In my case, it was nothing more than resizing an image and sticking some text into it in Windows Paint.  But thank you. Smiley
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 07:49:41 PM »

As a procedural query - I get a Sense Motive roll (presently on a total of up to +10, but made in secret by you) to spot Shadow agents.  Am I safe in assuming that none of the PCs will 'ping' (and that Amethyst will therefore be inclined to trust them, accustomed as she is to non-Shadow supporters liking her), or do you want to make rolls whenever I meet new PCs to see if I screw up horribly?
Pheros

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 08:14:35 PM »

I don't think you get Sense Motive checks against PCs usually...just NPCs.  You gotta figure out if we trust you based on how we act...
Doomed Hero

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 08:31:29 PM »

As a procedural query - I get a Sense Motive roll (presently on a total of up to +10, but made in secret by you) to spot Shadow agents.  Am I safe in assuming that none of the PCs will 'ping' (and that Amethyst will therefore be inclined to trust them, accustomed as she is to non-Shadow supporters liking her), or do you want to make rolls whenever I meet new PCs to see if I screw up horribly?

I don't think you get Sense Motive checks against PCs usually...just NPCs.  You gotta figure out if we trust you based on how we act...

Actually, Sense Motive works just fine against PC's. If the PC is actively trying to hide something (like being an agent of the Shadow) they make a bluff check. If they do not know they are being observed they get a "passive" bluff (in the same vein as passive Perception works in Pathfinder) which is 10+ their Bluff skill.

In this case it's even easier, since I'm making the rolls and for things like this it's better for people not to know what the results are (helps avoid metagaming)

Anywho- *rolls*  Amethyst does not believe either of the people there are anything more or less than what they seem.
Pheros

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 10:52:12 PM »

Oh yes, yes...I forgot about that tidbit...rarely comes up in person as it's dang hard to do it without metagaming all over the place...
Kiron Whitemoon
Lightbearer

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 07:46:40 AM »

If anyone wants a avi like mine,send me a link of the pic you want and ill cut  it down to size and and the name of your choice.

All it takes is one candles flame to send the shadows in all directions. We must shine brightly, and even brighter still. If the shadow is to be cast out,We must not just stand upon our wick,But cast ourselves to the ground, stand upon the tender. Rise lightkind and burn. Burn brighter still.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 10:19:01 AM »

Ilona, I'm typing up a final reply that has some important plot stuff in it. I modified your last thread so that you wouldn't have wandered off yet.

No you're not crazy and thinking words are disappearing.

Give me a sec. You two will be on your way shortly.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 10:28:18 AM »

Siobhan's linguistics skill isn't quite high enough to grasp this, but Amethyst's is. She can try to reproduce it later if Siobhan wants to ponder it.

Amethyst

(click to show/hide)
Exile
Bane of Legates

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 10:40:10 AM »

Ooh!  =)
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 10:55:31 AM »

Ilona, I'm typing up a final reply that has some important plot stuff in it. I modified your last thread so that you wouldn't have wandered off yet.

No you're not crazy and thinking words are disappearing.

Give me a sec. You two will be on your way shortly.

It's like you're reading my mind.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Clarion Quietus (OOC) Part 1
Jump to: