Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2019, 06:10:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Some articles do not have author names in them. If you know who the author is, let us know!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Character Creation Thread (Clarion Quietus)  (Read 167429 times)
Johanas
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +2/-0

« Reply #475 on: April 05, 2012, 06:10:38 PM »

Welcome aboard to the two of you. I'll be sure to mention to King Blanket that I speak Black Tongue early, so at least someone in the group can speak to him. Although if I recall correctly, over half the party should speak it.
Le Noir Faineant
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0

« Reply #476 on: April 06, 2012, 07:05:50 PM »

Alas, here we go:

(click to show/hide)

Le Noir Faineant
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #477 on: April 06, 2012, 07:07:46 PM »

Thoughts, and corrections are highly appreciated. This was a bitch to stat.

Also, no way I am letting go of that blanket.
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« Reply #478 on: April 10, 2012, 06:55:56 PM »

Well, finally getting to this, here's my observations-

It looks like you copy-pasted Mandag's sheet and replaced his numbers with your own, which is a great way of doing things, but has left a couple discrepancies.

it looks like your bodycast link takes you to Thomas Jane. You'll need to imbed a new url.

To make it easier for me to check your math, can you please give me a breakdown of where various numbers come from, especially for attacks and skills? Simply putting numbers and their sources in parenthesis will work. Take a look at Mandag's sheet for his math breakdowns next to his totals. That's what I'm looking for.

Over all it looks good, I just need some help with where your numbers come from.

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
Le Noir Faineant
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #479 on: April 10, 2012, 08:02:06 PM »

Okay, thought that might honestly take a week or two. Doing the charsheet in this format was a bitch,
and truth to be told, I have not saved the intermittent stages of character creation.
I just don't have that spare hour right now, sorry.

Basically, I took all of your criticism and worked it in, staying pretty much to what you wrote above my own interpretations.

Also, since I was supposed to already chime into game action, is it that simply nothing has been going over the holidays,
or am I the dumbass who missed his thread? O.O

Anyway, part of the Midnight stuff I impulsively ordered arrived already. Good reads for RPG material! Smiley
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« Reply #480 on: April 10, 2012, 08:22:35 PM »

The game books are really rich. I'm glad you're enjoying them. Keep in mind that I've made a few minor changes to the setting, so if you find discrepancies with my descriptions vs. what you've read, that's probably why (feel free to ask though)

Basically I just want the number's sources next to the totals. Take your time. You've got about a month before I anticipate combat.

As for the thread, you made your introduction in the OOC thread. I assumed you were just waiting for the right time. (I'd prefer you wait for Marakal to address you, but he seems to be absent, so feel free just to jump in). Your In Game thread is the Quietus Clarion IC thread. Feel free to stir up a situation if you want to. You are an ogre after all.
Le Noir Faineant
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #481 on: April 13, 2012, 02:55:39 AM »

Smiley

I'll wait until Sunday if somebody among the party members calls me out, and if not, I'll simply chime in. Ogre-style.
Hide yo children, hide yo farm animals! 'Cause now, there's somebody out there who EATS everybody.
Dadalama
Heepa-Heepa

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #482 on: June 19, 2015, 10:37:30 PM »

Alright, I'm not going to finish the character tonight but I am going to start on it.

Name:Timeon

Sarcosan Rogue

Ability Scores

Str   14
Dex 16
Con 11
Int    14  
Wis  11  -2   9
Cha  13 +2 15

Heroic Path: Speaker (was shadow walker but looking at the other ones as a backup incase LB says no I kinda think this fits better)

Skill Focus: Stealth and Bluff will be my first level feats

Depending on how you feel about archtypes I think I may take Knife Master

Personality: A ruthless Machiavellian "freedom fighter" of sorts. He ultimately has good intentions but you think he might enjoy lying and killing just a little too much. Oddly charming for his unnerving demeanor.

Looks: Very old ragged clothes with a long patchwork coat made of layers of old fabrics. He wears mismatched boots and his hair long and wild. He has a bushy beard and wicked grin.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 03:04:14 PM by Dadalama » Logged
Ilona Ebonblade
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #483 on: June 20, 2015, 02:12:26 AM »

So you're saying, he's a murderhobo with a heart of gold. lol
Dadalama
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #484 on: June 20, 2015, 08:42:33 AM »

lol only literally Tongue
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #485 on: June 20, 2015, 09:01:10 AM »

At some point, you should branch out and play characters that aren't just like you IRL. Tongue

Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #486 on: June 20, 2015, 12:29:00 PM »

Hmm, amusing. Go ahead and build him at level 2.

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
neverfox
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #487 on: June 20, 2015, 12:48:48 PM »

Just a note that Doomed banned Shadow Walker. Not sure how LB feels about it.

One Path to Rule Them All

You might have noticed that I left one out...

Shadow Walker: Hot Staggering #&%*!!!!! This one deserves it's own catagory. I'm not one who is terribly concerned about play balance. I only ever worry about comparing power levels of various abilities if there is a fairly obvious standard that works for making comparisons. Tougness is not the feat that Cleave is. The Monk is not the class that the Cleric is. yes I know. No I generally don't care. The problem is that this path is head and shoulders above the others in terms of effectiveness. It's a rogue's wet dream. For any other class, it's a huge increase in versatility. To top it off, it's the only way I've found to break the "no planar travel" rule. yes, I know that it's not actually planar travel, but it does essentially allow you to teleport short distances. Show me another ability that grants that. It's a really, really good path. So good, in fact, that I don't allow it in my games anymore.
Dadalama
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #488 on: June 20, 2015, 01:49:47 PM »

At some point, you should branch out and play characters that aren't just like you IRL. Tongue
You wound me Tongue

Edit:I do have a certain theme of criminality and/or survivalist tendencies. I could dig Meatface up again if you'd rather be travelling with a stoic Dworg cannibal? If that game went on I would have made him a druid.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 01:57:18 PM by Dadalama » Logged
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #489 on: June 20, 2015, 11:57:53 PM »

I fully understand Doomed Hero's concerns involving the Shadow Walker. It's truly an amazing Heroic Path! I agreed with him at the time of his writing that. I will not however restrict its use.

By the way Dadalama, you should check this out. http://www.againsttheshadow.org/index.php?topic=1496.0

Doomed Hero's re-works are amazing and do much to close the gap left in the wake of the Shadow Walker path. I will ask that Dadalama takes a look at these one's first. If you really don't think that any of these work with your character, I am allowing the Shadow Walker path for you.

If however, you do take a stronger liking to one of the other one's, no copying one that is already known in the game. The Heroic Paths are unique and only under that rarest of circumstances will there be more than one of you in the game.
Dadalama
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #490 on: June 21, 2015, 01:07:20 PM »

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=250652

Just gotta do the campaign specific stuff sometime tonight or tomorrow
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 05:41:29 PM by Dadalama » Logged
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #491 on: July 01, 2015, 09:41:42 PM »

Alright Dadalama, I've been giving it some thought and it finally dawned on me how I'm going to fit you into the game. In the next scene I'm going to be introducing your character.

Some other things I'm going to need from you. Is Timeon an Urban Sarcosan or a Plains Sarcosan? Don't forget to add your basic racial modifiers as well.

Edit: If you've already added your racial modifiers in, you're character is at 20 points, we're actually at 25 pt. character buy.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:45:49 PM by Luiniel Blades » Logged
Dadalama
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #492 on: July 03, 2015, 09:01:54 PM »

Urban Sarcosan
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #493 on: July 04, 2015, 12:36:02 AM »

Alright then. Go ahead and finish up your character when you have time, you may be joining the game pretty soon.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Character Creation Thread (Clarion Quietus)
Jump to: