Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 09:20:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

If you liked something, say so, if you think it can be bettered, say so, commenting on threads and giving ideas for the site are always welcome.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Character Creation Thread (Clarion Quietus)  (Read 167276 times)
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« Reply #450 on: April 02, 2012, 01:11:13 AM »

Luniel, his sheet is just a slight alteration of Mandag's original. He basically already had the layout, he just redid a few numbers.

I've looked it over and it looks great, but I've been known to overlook things, so I'm going to ask for a second opinion. Luniel is right about your stats. You have a 25 point buy, and then two +2s that cannot go to the same score.

Exile, can you take a look?

Noir, please take a look at Ghost's sheet and try to make yours look as much like that as possible. That's the layout I'd prefer. He had the benefit of taking over a character that had already been statted out. He just needed to alter a few things to suit his version.

If you need to you can cut and paste his version and replace his numbers with your own.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 01:18:54 AM by Doomed Hero » Logged

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
Ghostfall
Lightbearer

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #451 on: April 02, 2012, 01:42:27 AM »

When you talk about ability score points are you remembering to take into account that erenlanders also have a -2 they have to throw somewhere that can't stack with either of the +2s?

I took one less skill point and feat becaused mandag was built with the urban erenlander variant. Not quite as powerful in my opinion, but fitting of Mandags flavor I think.

Everything else I can update and edit into the previous post,  DH since you didn't say anything, is it ok to assume Know the land is alright to take? And I assume my tunic will be staying flawed?

Don't give me too much credit Luniel, luckily most of the work was just copying and pasting, then driving myself crazy trying to get the formatting done perfectly.  Smiley

Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #452 on: April 02, 2012, 01:56:27 AM »

Ah right, for some reason I had it in my head that DH had done away with the -2 and just handed out another +2 to keep Erenlanders ahead of everyone else.  Well the Urban Erenlander clears up my misunderstanding of the skill points and yes the formatting is still a big pain to do perfectly.

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #453 on: April 02, 2012, 01:57:27 AM »

Erenlanders essentially get +2, +2, -2. The -2 and one +2 can cancel each other out.

Know the Land is fine.

Ghostfall
Lightbearer

« Reply #454 on: April 02, 2012, 02:01:15 AM »

So technically my stat distribution is fine as written?
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #455 on: April 02, 2012, 02:03:17 AM »

Yes, it's just fine.
Ghostfall
Lightbearer

« Reply #456 on: April 02, 2012, 02:11:00 AM »

Cool, then I think I may be ready to Jump into the abyss so to speak? Any more prep I need to do? Ooh DH do I get a nifty "stuff Mandag knows" post?
Doomed Hero

« Reply #457 on: April 02, 2012, 04:05:47 AM »

Yes. I'll right it up some time this week. Feel free to post your sheet in the Book of Legends and introduce yourself in OOC.

I like that you picked Thomas Jane as a bodycast. Personally I'd have gone with Adam Baldwin, but Thomas Jane definitely brings a brooding quality to mandag's physical description.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #458 on: April 02, 2012, 01:42:46 PM »

Ghost-

Don't know if it fits your version of the character or not, but if you'd like, I'll let you trade Stunning Fist for Redirect, from the Flowing Monk archetype.
Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +5/-0

« Reply #459 on: April 02, 2012, 01:54:51 PM »

On an extremely swift look... the 'problems' I immediately spotted seem to be reflections of the Urban Erenlander tweak.  He even has his Favoured Region listed. Wink

I'll try to double-check the languages.  On a first glance, they look as if they make sense.

Ex infernis, spes
Amethyst's Combat Stats
Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #460 on: April 02, 2012, 02:51:19 PM »

Ghost- Since you have Basic competence in High Elven, you should also gain Pidgin competence in Danisil/Jungle Mouth.
Ghostfall
Lightbearer

« Reply #461 on: April 02, 2012, 03:12:38 PM »

excellent, I'll add the language.

DH after looking at it, redirect seems pretty cool, definitely reflective of Mandag learning to fight smarter after being trained as an agent of the witch queen.  I think I'll take it, though losing stunning fist also makes offensive training pretty useless and if it's ok I'd like to switch it out for grapple training. also, would the DC against the sickening from redirect use str instead of wis just as stunning fist does for defenders?

Exile your wink confuses me, when I look at my sheet and the urban erenlander listing in destiny and shadow I see no discrepencies  undecided

care to elaborate?
Exile
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +5/-0

« Reply #462 on: April 02, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »

As with others, I immediately spotted that you were down on skills, etc - but Urban Erenlander explains that...
Ghostfall
Lightbearer

« Reply #463 on: April 02, 2012, 04:44:11 PM »

Ah yes, that seems to be a common occurrence.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #464 on: April 02, 2012, 05:22:47 PM »

Sure, using Strength sounds fine.
Ghostfall
Lightbearer

« Reply #465 on: April 03, 2012, 01:34:41 AM »

sounds good.

I've made all the updates that we've discussed in the past 24 hours and edited them into the character sheet in the book of legends, but not the one on the previous page of this thread, in case anyone was looking and got confused.

speaking of confused, some of the language in the description of grapple training is confusing me when combined with the change in mechanics for pathfinder since I've never played a defender before.

When I read grapple training now, essentially what I see is that whenever I attempt a combat maneuver against someone I'm grappling, they don't receive most racial or circumstantial bonuses to their CMD that they would normally recieve. Can someone confirm that I'm understanding this correctly? or explain it if I'm not?
Le Noir Faineant
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0

« Reply #466 on: April 03, 2012, 03:51:45 AM »

Sorry for the slight delay, long weekend. LONG weekend.

I'll get to the charsheet later today, or tonight, if that is still okay.

Luiniel Blades

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #467 on: April 03, 2012, 05:08:15 AM »

Ghost; Yeah, that's how it effectively works now.  The ability has lost some of its effectiveness with the change to Pathfinder since bigger creatures no longer have such an overwhelmingly large benefit to their combat maneuver checks, but its still good to have since you have more options while grappling another creature now.

Noir;  It's fine, don't worry too much about not having your character posted yet.  We actually have one guy who's been in since the beginning of the bad guys side of the campaign and he still hasn't posted his character in the Book of Shadows.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #468 on: April 03, 2012, 07:57:27 AM »

That reminds me...
Le Noir Faineant
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #469 on: April 03, 2012, 08:00:04 AM »

Hehehe... Don't tempt me into procrastination. cheesy I should do it tonight, though.

The thing is, simply, since this character is so different to anything I have ever played,
it will be good to have the stats clean and available. Smiley
Doomed Hero

« Reply #470 on: April 04, 2012, 09:29:26 PM »

Noir, continue to work on the character sheet at your leisure and post it when you can.

For now I'd like to introduce you into the game. Go ahead and jump into the Quietus Clarion OOC thread, and once Marakal address you in the IC thread feel free to respond.

Take careful note of the posting guidelines, especially regarding language colors. You only speak Black Tongue, but you can understand Marakal no matter what language he uses. (you can't understand any other human that way)
Le Noir Faineant
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #471 on: April 04, 2012, 09:31:14 PM »

I am on it right now! Smiley
Which color should I use, for... Uuuh, what Mr Blanket has to say?

A big THANK YOU for letting me join your game, BTW! Smiley
Doomed Hero

« Reply #472 on: April 04, 2012, 10:01:26 PM »

Glad to have you. I may be a little strident about posting style at first, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. Just think like you're writing a novel starring your character and it will come naturally.

Black Tongue is presented in Brown. It's in the drop-down menu for colors when you Edit or Reply.
Le Noir Faineant
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #473 on: April 04, 2012, 10:11:35 PM »

No worries, I am pretty used to it already. I am actually the DM behind two pretty well-known PBP games myself, "The Last Fantasy Campaign" and "Ravenloft Origins". - Not to brag, though, or whatever:

The reason that I want to join here should be testimonial to the quality of your story.

I read it, found it extraordinarily interesting, and would have quietly stayed lurking if I hadn't been allowed to join. Smiley
Doomed Hero

« Reply #474 on: April 04, 2012, 10:13:24 PM »

Fantastic Smiley Glad you liked what you read. I have some interesting ideas for your character.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Clarion Quietus (Moderator: Doomed Hero)  |  Topic: Character Creation Thread (Clarion Quietus)
Jump to: