Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 03, 2020, 10:23:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Some articles do not have author names in them. If you know who the author is, let us know!
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Champions of the Hearth recruitment  (Read 2233 times)
Dirigible
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +13/-5

Oh, the humanity!

« on: April 28, 2010, 11:51:14 PM »

Is there anyone interested in joining in a PbP in progress? Champions of the Hearth has been going on for a little while, with some large stalls, and has just relocated from a moribund PbP site to here. The plot proper has yet to kick in, so there's not much to catch up on, and the opportunity is ripe for new characters to join.

You can find it in a subforum above. Here's a link to a copy of recruitment post. The game uses a houseruled version of the Mutants and Masterminds system, but don't let that stop you: knowledge of the world is more important than the system.

Possible in-routes for new characters are as residents of the Dornish fortress they've arrived at, or as members of a Resistance band that was scattered by an enemy attack and are re-grouping at the settlement of Heroeshearth (see the background of the group's leader, here)... plus any other ideas you might come up with.
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 01:37:22 AM »

Hrmmm...you make a tempting offer Dir...I have absolutely zero knowledge of M&M.  PM me some details about how to draw up a character under this ruleset, and I'm in.

It's been a while since I've played  a human character...hrmm...the wheels turn...

Joe

Dunkin stats
Dirigible
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +13/-5

Oh, the humanity!

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 01:23:52 PM »

If you're interested (and anyone else, for that matter), pop on up to the subforum, check out the background and other characters, and pitch a concept (you can frame it in MN/D&D terms of class, level, path and race if you like, for ease of mutual reference).
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 01:39:47 PM »

I was thinking: Tumas, a Dorn Chanceborn Wildlander in his 30's specializing in hiding and moving without leaving tracks (i.e. a war party scout).  He was part of Katlanna's ambushed squad, but managed to slip away between skills and luck.  He'll probably stumble in sometime soon, having been evading the orc patrols and just fiinding this refuge.

He's charismatic, and has a way with story telling, though often with generous application of hyperbole when not making field reports.  Keen eyed, and always reading with a big smile for any friend, he's rarely serious except when on patrol.  In the field, he covers himself with dirt, leaves and twigs but he tries to clean up as soon as he gets back to camp.  His favorite pastime is telling stories of his and historical exploits to the children of the camp.  His second favorite is gambling with any who will wager on horses, dice, or how many orcs will be in the next squad...

Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: Champions of the Hearth recruitment
Jump to: