Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 24, 2021, 06:12:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Did you know any logged user can submit a new article or download to the site?
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Question about the serials  (Read 3652 times)
Kane
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +12/-3

« on: February 12, 2010, 04:29:39 PM »

As the Book of the Fallen comes to a conclusion (6 or so chapters left), I've started to give some thought to doing another one.  The serials are at times a royal pain and an enjoyable challenge.  With the Book of the Fallen, I wanted to pick another area and a different type of story.  For the next one, assuming there is one, I want to jump around again and pick a different timeframe/area. So far I've got two ideas, the first is a dwarven tale near modern time in the northern Kaladruns.  The second is a modern day mystery/encounter by a small resistance group.  Thoughts?  I'd also appreciate any comments/spears on the current effort.

Kane
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 05:13:04 PM »

I really like reading the serials, Kane.  If you keep writing them, I'll keep reading and enjoying them.

I really like the journal style/1st person narrative.  Intrigue is nice, but 'day in the life' topics are really fascinating too, and do much to flesh out the world.

I'd be interested in a seafaring one...I've always wanted to know more about the Miransil, but the Sea of Pelluria would be cool too...

Joe

Dunkin stats
Dain
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +17/-2

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 11:26:14 PM »

As I'm still writing my adventure that takes place in the Kaladrunes, I would be very happy to see anything that can invilves the place and their inhabitants Wink
smeagol
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +9/-2

Hiding from Shadow

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 12:07:08 PM »

Personally, I' m for the second option (modern day/mystery). But hey, go for the project you feel the most comfortable (and inspired) with!

BTW, excellent work for the Book of the Fallen (I especially like the way you present how Sulunael, aka the Keeper, got corrupted) Wink

"Il n'est pas besoin d'espérer pour entreprendre ni de réussir pour persévérer" - Devise de la famille d'Orange
Kane
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 12:11:49 PM »

Smeagol,

Was it that obvious that is was Sunulael?

Kane
arnon

Spell Energy / Taint +8/-4

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 10:04:57 PM »

Kane, I'd love reading anything you give us. I like so far how you have given us a glimpse into the end of the Third Age, and i'd be just as happy to read something more "modern".

Was it that obvious that is was Sunulael?

Ramaza pointe several times that the Keeper plays a big part in what is to come and he is the only character with a title only, all else where names right of the bat if i remember correctly. Also, this last chapter he confirmed it.

BTW, Ramaz is close the the Hebrew word meaning to insinuate, to hint. Was that intentional?

Can't wait for the next chapters...

arnon
Kane
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 06:45:41 AM »

Arnon,

Luck of the draw, but pretty cool, with Ramaz's name.  Things start to heat up in the next few chapters.

Kane
Pages: [1]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: Question about the serials
Jump to: