Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 13, 2021, 04:10:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Did you know any logged user can submit a new article or download to the site?
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  General  |  Meta  |  Topic: On Nif and AtS
Pages: [1]
Reply Send this topic Print
Author Topic: On Nif and AtS  (Read 16933 times)
Nifelhein
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +22/-0

Whisper's Will

« on: September 02, 2009, 09:32:42 AM »

I know I have been a lot far from the site, even if I was keeping a watchful eye over it all this time, from now on I will have a more active presence again (though nowhere near the one I used to have), First thing I plan to do is a revamp of the site moderators and staff as a whole, to update the presence of those to the current traffic and activity.

As a result I want to ask, who is willing to edit and review the articles sent to the site and approve them? I have 53 sitting on the box and they are all great content, jsut lacking some editing and proof reading to be approved. I want 2 people if there are enough to do this job, after those approved you would be in charge of keeping them approved as soon as possible. Wink

Cheers,

Nif.

"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects."
 - Attributed to Herman Melville.
Kane
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +12/-3

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:19:17 AM »

Nif,

I'm not ready to do 53 articles but I'll take a chunk of them.  If it involves stat block review, I'm not the best candidate; but if it's grammer and flow, I'm happy to help.

Kane
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 03:58:33 PM »

The thing is not to hurry and do them in a small time frame but rather to work on them as you can, some might have stat blocks but most might need very little work.
smeagol
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +9/-2

Hiding from Shadow

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 04:13:16 PM »

I wish I could help...

But honestly, I really can't (my url-fu is really weak, not to mention my poor knowledge of the 3.5 rules and the fact that I'm not a native English speaker).

"Il n'est pas besoin d'espérer pour entreprendre ni de réussir pour persévérer" - Devise de la famille d'Orange
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 04:51:23 PM »

Hey, truth is that without you they would not even be there, most of them are still from the old site, thus articles you submitted that I never managed to approve. Wink
TwiceBorn
Editor

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 02:19:32 AM »

Nif,

I'm not ready to do 53 articles but I'll take a chunk of them.  If it involves stat block review, I'm not the best candidate; but if it's grammer and flow, I'm happy to help.

Kane

Same as Kane.  Also, what does "approval" depend on? What are we looking for? I should point out that I have no web skills... so, if that's a problem, I guess I'm out...

And I won't be able to review anything until later in September (going on vacation soon and won't have access to the internet while I'm away).

Harrowed
Editor

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-1

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 02:42:45 AM »

I can take a couple as well. I may not work as fast as some of the others but I have some time, especially this weekend.

I like the cut of your jib. How do I subscribe to your newsletter?
-RPG.net
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 06:31:52 AM »

Basically if you can use word and have average skills to edit andproof read it is fine, The formatting is the biggest issue, I will make you all editors right now and I will just check the approved articles for the block configurations.

There will be a line with 53 articles on your Tools bpx, on the left side menu, right under user info panel. Clicking there takes you to the articles zones, try going from oldest to newest. Wink
Sholano
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 02:54:09 PM »

I'd love to volunteer, but my life is very busy right now, I doubt I'd have reliable time to devote to the project. If there's still work to be done when things calm down in a couple of weeks, I'll speak up again.

"You want me to what?! ... Gimme a minute."
Dorin's combat data | Dorin's character sheet
TwiceBorn
Editor

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 12:05:44 PM »

There will be a line with 53 articles on your Tools bpx, on the left side menu, right under user info panel. Clicking there takes you to the articles zones, try going from oldest to newest. Wink

Not sure I'm following you. Haven't been able to locate my "Tools bpx," or the "user info panel." Looked in my profile, and saw nothing there either. Now we find out just how technologically inept I really am!  Wink
roccojr
Heepa-Heepa

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 12:48:15 PM »

The tools, user profile, etc. is on the left along with the recent post info. I saw, in another message, you weren't seeing the recent posts so I'm guessing whatever problem you're having is causing you not to see the stuff Nifelhein mentioned.
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 12:56:05 PM »

You should be able to see them again now. Smiley
TwiceBorn
Editor

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 02:19:09 PM »

Yes, I can see everything now -- thanks for the fix.
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 03:04:55 AM »

So have you got any formating guidelines Nif ... standard text size ... etc...
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 04:33:18 AM »

Pretty much the usual, times new roman 12 for text, use titles with bold and larger font sizes (though if you are in doubt just use the predefined formats in word, title X). The tricky part are the article and display options, but you can get another article that has been approved and see how theya re set if you want to handle that part as well. Wink
Kane
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +12/-3

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 06:41:57 AM »

Nif,

I'll take any article I wrote to start.  If you don't mind, I'll email the word documents to you.

Kane
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 06:53:18 AM by Kane » Logged
Harrowed
Editor

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 12:27:31 PM »

I've got the old .pdf format, the one with the familiar logo and borders, what about doing it in those? Or do you want to just stick to .pdf?
TwiceBorn
Editor

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 12:25:09 AM »

Basically if you can use word and have average skills to edit andproof read it is fine, The formatting is the biggest issue, I will make you all editors right now and I will just check the approved articles for the block configurations.

Hey Nif,

Just want to apologize for not having had the time to edit any articles... I feel really bad about that.  I haven't had any time on my hands to do this in the past few months. I've been carrying a huge workload, plus I've had all sorts of issues to deal with as a member of my immediate family became extremely ill from H1N1 and has spent the last month in a nearby hospital's Intensive Care Unit (we got called in several times in the middle of the night by the hospital, telling us to rush over as they feared "the end was imminent"... but miraculously, he survived every  time and now seems to be well on the path to recovery)... I haven't even had time to DM my real life game since late October...

But I'm still hopeful that life will soon resume some sort of normalcy, and that I'll eventually have time to review a few articles (I really would like to do this)...

Thanks for your patience and understanding...
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 05:25:41 AM »

Real life trumps internet, hope everything goes well with your family member and that things settle down so you can take a deep breath.

Smiley
TwiceBorn
Editor

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 09:56:42 PM »

Alright, life is finally taking on a semblance of normalcy... we'll see how long that lasts!

I was getting ready to start reviewing some of the articles in the queue, but then saw that they all contained code, which make them a real pain in the rear end to read. Is there anyway to remove the code for editing purposes?

I realize that you may have other priorities on your mind these days, Nif, so no rush...

Cheers!
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 03:54:28 PM »

You should have to allow the site to run javascripts but it would otherwise have an option to show or hide code in the editor.
TwiceBorn
Editor

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 07:31:32 PM »

You should have to allow the site to run javascripts but it would otherwise have an option to show or hide code in the editor.

This unfortunately seems to be beyond my technical capacities...  Sad

I haven't seen any option in the editor that allows me to view/hide code. And how would I know if I've allowed the site to run javascripts?

I'm using Mac OSX 10.6 (snow leopard), if that helps...
TwiceBorn
Editor

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 05:49:40 PM »

I've sifted through some more articles. It seems articles that are heavy on stats and formatting seem more code-heavy.  So, in order to make it easier on my eyes, I'll try to edit articles that are primarily flavour-oriented first, with relatively little code. When time permits, of course...
Pages: [1]
Reply Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  General  |  Meta  |  Topic: On Nif and AtS
Jump to:  

+ Quick Reply
With a Quick-Reply you can use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post, but much more conveniently.