Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 13, 2021, 07:44:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Did you know any logged user can submit a new article or download to the site?
Pages: [1]
Reply Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Bigger Home/Forum/etc buttons?  (Read 5748 times)
PhadeOut
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-1

« on: August 14, 2006, 05:34:49 PM »

Does anyone else find the buttons at the top of the screen, under the AtS banner a little tiny?
The text in the buttons is even smaller than the text on the left hand site of the site...

Phadeout

"We are gonna need total luck this time! ...Don't worry, luck is one of my skills."
"Yes, that is my name in the M2E playtest credits..."
Nifelhein
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +22/-0

Whisper's Will

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 06:02:53 PM »

The buttons are not big, but I do not have a problem with them, and i use a 1280x1024 resolution in a 15" monitor. Admin buttons and pretty much every other button are of the same size too, but when SMFv1.1 is done and ready we will not have that as buttons anymore, they will be text and CSS style, meaning less images to load and faster loading times.

besidees, the icons are so good on those top buttons I hardly read them. Wink

"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects."
 - Attributed to Herman Melville.
arnon

Spell Energy / Taint +8/-4

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 06:46:04 PM »

I have no problem with the buttons myself.
Dalmark
Disembodied Spirits

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 11:27:09 PM »

Ditto. I'm not bothered by them anymore, though at first, they were very irritating (in a "huh, tech-y buttons on a fantasy website" kind of way).  Wink

"The formerly enslaved need never fear slavery again, for the strong cannot be shackled..."

Planescape: Confrontation (My PS Campaign)
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 02:32:22 AM »

They're a little small, but I think they are better being slightly inconspicuous, with the exception of finding them the first time.

Dunkin stats
PhadeOut
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 02:21:16 PM »

I guess I noticed it because the Forum is really the main part of this website community.

It may be nice if there was a bigger Forum button, say the same font size as "Site Features", "User Info" etc.
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 03:09:52 PM »

Well, the button was a pre made one and changing that wouldn't be that easy. and ocne you hit the forums there is a navigation bar with in line links just above the posts and forums.
PhadeOut
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 12:27:55 PM »

Maybe the home page then needs a nice big shiny link to the forums.  This way New Comers to the site will see it and realize it's the meat of the webpage.
Todd
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-2

We stand together, against the shadow.

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 06:26:38 PM »

I am actually planning on making bigger versions of those buttons in the near future.

I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
J.R.R. Tolkien
PhadeOut
Insurgent Spy

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 10:59:09 AM »

I am actually planning on making bigger versions of those buttons in the near future.

*thumbs up*
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 07:44:40 PM »

I wouldn't bother, when we upgrade to a new SMF version this wil not be needed at all, the new versions use text and CSS to make navigation tabs, meaning your effort may come to waste, also, images are not very friendly to dial up users and larger ones are even less.

Also, PhadeOut seems to eb the only one bothered by it after a little time, so I would say focus your time on other things, specially because you don't have much free time to spare. Also, when we upgraded, we will probably need a new theme tweak to the CSS table, including TP tweaks, meaning you will have to redo the current theme to the new version.

We may have to wait a few more months for that though, so you may not want to wait. Wink
Pages: [1]
Reply Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  General  |  Meta  |  Topic: Bigger Home/Forum/etc buttons?
Jump to:  

+ Quick Reply
With a Quick-Reply you can use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post, but much more conveniently.