Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 03, 2020, 11:27:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Only Admins and Global Moderators can post threads on the News forum, but all logged users can reply to them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: [Pit Fight] Storm in the Sewers  (Read 20367 times)
Sholano
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2009, 12:23:55 AM »

Thank you, Joe, it was a kick. I enjoyed the scenario you set up. Oh, and DH, I would love to see the stats on this thing - particularly whatever it is that made those rings not targetable by AoE. I suppose I could've just misread that in the rules, but regardless, I is curious. As for Xein's write-up...lessee here. It's a little long, so I put it in spoiler mode. There are some strange house rules involved, so if you see numbers that confuse you, that's probably what it is. Might just be a mistake, though, feel free to point 'em out.

(click to show/hide)

And there he is.

"You want me to what?! ... Gimme a minute."
Dorin's combat data | Dorin's character sheet
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2009, 12:59:41 AM »

http://www.againsttheshadow.net/index.php?topic=1138.0

here's mine.

I don't know about the untargetability, that's Joe's ruling. I really doubt you could have dispelled the ring though. I'm not familiar enough on the rules.

Thanks for chosing pretty much the hardest possible creature to DM for, DH...heh heh

Sorry about that. Think of it as GM Boot Camp  Wink

It was a good play test on the Binder's power level. I think that he'd have faired differently against another character. Tossing a Grappler up against a small creature is a usually a one-sided fight from the get-go.

So what's next? Maybe a lower level one?

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2009, 04:33:10 PM »

My reading was here: d20 SRD

Quote from: d20 SRD
For each object within the area that is the target of one or more spells, you make dispel checks as with creatures. Magic items are not affected by an area dispel.

Yeah, I suppose I'd be game to run another, if you two don't mind my odd rulings and long pauses...heh heh

Joe

Dunkin stats
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2009, 03:07:50 PM »

A-ha. I have no idea how I missed that before, I is dumb. I think this line should've made it fairly obvious to me;
Quote from: d20 SRD
For each creature within the area that is the subject of one or more spells, you make a dispel check against the spell with the highest caster level. If that check fails, you make dispel checks against progressively weaker spells until you dispel one spell (which discharges the dispel magic spell so far as that target is concerned) or until you fail all your checks. The creature’s magic items are not affected.
The bold is mine, obviously.
Anyway, moving on. I could totally do another one of these - or I could run one, if you'd care to try and destroy something.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2009, 03:40:18 PM »

I've always got ideas I'd love to toss into the stress test.

Make a new thread and lay down the parameters.
Pheros

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2009, 04:27:15 PM »

I'd be up for fighting in one...

I'm tempted to re-try my Bloodletter HP...it didn't work out great last time, but I think that was a bit too low level...perhaps if I munchkined the stats a bit it would have helped...

Or, I'd be game for co-running one, if anyone else on the boards wants to fight.  I'm happy to do flavor-text while someone more rules-saavy actually figures out the mechanics...
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2009, 04:34:15 PM »

Hey, you want to fight, who am I to stop you? I could use the practice moderating, honestly, and it will amuse me. So - what level-ish are we talking here? Sounds like you have an idea in mind, Pheros, so if you want to set the bar, I'm sure DH has something horrible to throw at it. Just post the general CR/character level here, then both of you toss some PMs at me and we'll get this thing underway.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2009, 04:57:10 PM »

Are we staying on this thread or making a new one?
Pheros

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2009, 05:59:45 PM »

Let's start a new one..put out a proper call and all (maybe make it a tag-team if we have enough interest?  I know DH would love to test out his Brothers Chander...heh heh)  They're each 12th level or so, yes?  So I suppose setting up a 12th level character wouldn't be too out of the question if we could find two more willing souls.

I'd assume that if we go that route, we'll post our character sheets to even things out...or just promise not to meta-game...

Sholano, you should start the next thread...that way you'll have moderator-abilities on it (a nice feature of the Games and Stories section...)

Joe

Doomed Hero

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2009, 06:06:08 PM »

...oh that's just mean...
Altus
Heepa-Heepa

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2009, 09:17:02 PM »

pit fight? interested...

Loyalty. Vigilance. Precision. A swift death to all who oppose the King. This is my mission. This is my life. Until the Sun rises again, Aiden, I am at your side.
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2009, 11:02:08 AM »

Actually, while we're still gathering interest, I think we're gonna restart this thread. No sense in further cluttering up the place just yet.

Anyone interested in fighting, toss up a line on that thread.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: [Pit Fight] Storm in the Sewers
Jump to: