Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 03, 2020, 11:15:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

You can enable or disable the quick reply box in your profile, be sure to change the settings to suit your own preferences.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: [Pit Fight] Storm in the Sewers  (Read 20366 times)
Sholano
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2008, 05:46:02 PM »

[OoC] Unless something changes (like I get a clue to his position, etc.), just assume that breaking the pin is the end-all be-all of my existence.

"You want me to what?! ... Gimme a minute."
Dorin's combat data | Dorin's character sheet
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2008, 06:43:11 PM »

[OoC]Well, technically, you know where he is as in Grapple he's required to move into your square, but I assume you mean beyond that...right?

The Warrior struggles, but cannot escape the grip of the unseen graspers.

[OoC]cannot break pin, Other has init, pin has expired.

Dunkin stats
Pheros

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2008, 03:17:29 PM »

Again, the unseen foe pins the Warrior's limbs, trying to turn him over, but the Warrior again resists this attempt.

Warrior up, trying to break pin

The Warrior struggles, but cannot free himself, suffering the bondage.

Other up

The struggle continues, as the rain silently splashes around them, their hurried, strained actions eerily silent.

Fast forward:  Other fails, Warrior fails, Other fails, Warrior fails, Other fails, Warrior fails, Other fails, Warrior breaks pin, breaks all grapples, retreats five feet.

Ok, we finally have something here...the Warrior managed to escape from grapple.   1 action down, and the Warrior still has a remaining action to use.

The Warrior throws off his unseen opponent, gathering himself and readying for the next onslaught.
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2008, 03:40:52 PM »

I'll reply to this this evening, kinda swamped at work right now. Just wanted to clock in and let you know I'm paying attention.
Pheros

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2008, 03:58:01 PM »

Oh, don't worry...I've been the slow one here, so have no cause for complaint...heh heh
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 05:39:12 PM »

The Warrior's brow furrows in concentration as he watches carefully the movements of the water, and he crouches low to the ground, drawing another knife from within his clothing with a fast movement of his hand.

[OoC]Total defense, with a Sleight of Hand trick to pull a second throwing knife as a free action (DH knows what I'm talking about). Tumble bonus to total defense, natch.
Pheros

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008, 06:05:36 PM »

[OoC]Ok, so that's a +6 then to AC, right?

The Other is up.
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 02:14:25 PM »

[OoC]I hope we haven't self-destructed, here; we waiting on anything in particular, or just life getting in the way?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 11:29:09 AM by Sholano » Logged
Pheros

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 03:54:32 PM »

OoC: Unless I missed a PM, I'm waiting on DH to move.  I figured with the holidays and all I'd wait until after New Years before poking people, but as you see him regularly, feel free to...heh heh
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 04:13:49 PM »

[OOC] I sent you a PM message, didn't you get it?

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
Pheros

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 05:43:45 PM »

[OoC]Last I got was prior to him breaking the pin.  Don't know if you wanted to try to grapple & pin again, or if you had another idea
Pheros

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2009, 07:17:05 PM »

[OoC]and we're back after the holiday intermission...

Again, the invisible attacks lash out at the Warrior.  Pain bites into him as welts start to form and his muscles weaken.  A tug on his arm, and he slips on the slimy floor, sending him crashing down.  Coldness clamps down on his joints again, offering no reprieve.  Again they try to lock his movement, and again the Warrior prevents them from holding him helpless, but just barely.

[OoC]24 subdual damage, 1 str damage, total of 53 subdual damage, -3 STR, grapple succeeds.  Pin succeeds.  2 additional pins succeed.  Warrior has init.
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2009, 03:19:03 PM »

The Warrior thrashes in his bonds, struggling to no avail. His eyes screw tightly shut as he gives one last effort, and his voice finally rips out, full of pain and anger.
Xein of Durgis doesn't fall that easily, you bastard!
[OoC]One more time, Dispel Magic AoE.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 02:15:19 PM by Sholano » Logged
Pheros

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 10:57:22 PM »

Xein takes a deep breath, and the odor of dust and earth again fills his nostrils.  Another shimmer of the surroundings, again accompanied by faint echoes directly in front of him that he can't quite place.  The stench of this place returns again, and the coldness of the shackles on his limbs begins to seep into his hope.

[OoC]No effect from the AoE Dispel, Other is up.
Pheros

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2009, 06:15:27 PM »

The unseen foes lashes out again as Xein struggles.  A crack across his back flashes pain to life.  Two more times a sudden force smashes him across his elbow and head, and he wavers from the onslaught.

[OoC] Full attack: 16 subdual, 1 pt STR damage, miss, miss, miss, 8 damage, 6 damage, miss.  Total 83, -4 STR. Xein is up.
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2009, 05:23:17 PM »

Xein writhes in his opponent's terrible grip, and tries to bring his weapons to bear despite the pain.

[OoC] Not really sure if I'm in grapple or pin at this moment, but if I can move, going for every attack possible on whatever it is has ahold of me, invisible or not. If held immobile, than try to break free.
Also, sorry about the delay, I think I missed the last post in the flurry of activity last weekend.
Pheros

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2009, 06:45:26 PM »

[OoC] sorry...Xein is grappled but not pinned...how would you like to proceed?
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2009, 02:27:19 PM »

[OoC] Try for stabbing. If I'm not mistaken, I should be able to get in 3 attacks while in a grapple.
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2009, 11:28:00 AM »

[OoC] Ka-bump. Still happening? We can't be more than a round or two away from my demise.
Pheros

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2009, 01:20:18 PM »

[OoC]crap...yes, I'm really sorry...totally blanked my mind on this one...I'll try and update tonight.  sigh...
Doomed Hero

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2009, 06:05:22 PM »

[OOC]That's ok. Things have been hectic for everyone lately. Don't sweat it too much.
Pheros

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2009, 09:51:38 PM »

Xein lashes out with his knife, slashing at where he thinks his opponent is.  His first thrust finds flesh, or some other soft substance, cutting into it through the struggle but the other two miss one silently striking a hard surface, the other finding only air.

The Other shifts its weight, rolling Xein on his back, preparing itself.

[OoC] 15 damage to the Other, Other is up

Doomed Hero

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2009, 12:19:55 AM »

Time to finish this.

1 attack to maintain grapple, the rest to damage.
Pheros

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2009, 03:34:21 PM »

The Other attacks, again, lashing out in the unnatural silence.  Pain flares to life as Xein's vision slowly closes.  His last image as the darkness takes him is  that of his mother standing over him as she fades in from invisibility.  Her body is dressed in a cloth made of living chain, and he can see others extending from her sides to him, wrapping his arms and legs, holding him down.  As he passes out, the strange sound of water returns, and his mother cackles in a voice not of this Earth, then turns toward the still unconscious channeler that Xein was to guard and deliver, licking her lips.

[OoC] Attack 1: grapple maintained, attack 2: hit, 19 damage +1 STR damage, attack 3: miss, attack 4,5,6,7: hits, total 31 damage.  Total damage:  Total 133, -5 STR. Xein is KOed
Pheros

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2009, 03:37:33 PM »

Good game you two.  Sorry about all the delays on my end.  I think that perhaps a CR 14 monster is a bit much for a single level 14 character.  Still, Xein put up a good fight. 

Unfortunately, the chains were animated with a supernatural ability, not a spell, so your dispells didn't work, and the magic rings the Other wore couldn't be dispelled by AOE...only targeted spells.

Thanks for chosing pretty much the hardest possible creature to DM for, DH...heh heh

Well done gents.

You two might want to post your characters' stats (or link to them) for others to reference...up to you, though...

Thanks for the fun,
Joe
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: [Pit Fight] Storm in the Sewers
Jump to: