Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2019, 10:09:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

If you want to keep in touch with all Midnight news, subscribe to our News Forum, then every time a news item is posted you will be notified!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Midnight Comic_ P.C.(24)  (Read 34761 times)
Gabboge
Insurgent Commander

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« on: October 10, 2008, 09:28:08 PM »

So yea, I decided to start a comic based on Midnight.

I got a grand total of 1 pages done but more will come as soon as I am done hammering out some details with my GM. but I was so excited when I finished that I thought I would post that first page. Im gunna attach it here as well as on my DA account.

DA link : http://voipcomics.deviantart.com/art/Midnight-page-001-100375316

Oh yea, I dident know exactly were to put this so if its in the wrong spot please tell me or if the mod would be kind enough to move it then thank you.

*Update 10-13-08* New page up, oh and old page got some updates. I forgot to add the naration bubbles last time I posted.
*update 10-14-08* Two new pages. good for one day. There bolth full page splashes. Lots of exposition but I thought it was needed for anyone who dosent know about midnight to be able to understand. I posted them on a reply becuse there is a lmit to how many i can post on the topic.

* comic page 1.jpg (901.49 KB, 1275x1650 - viewed 1071 times.)

* comic page 2.jpg (670.18 KB, 1275x1650 - viewed 980 times.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:15:09 AM by Gabboge » Logged

\"No Mr.Bond..... I expect you to die!\"  -Travis.
Nifelhein
Administrator

Spell Energy / Taint +22/-0

Whisper's Will

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 07:59:00 AM »

Looks good man, it does seem you guys are playing Crown of Shadow and it is the campaign you are picturing there, is that so? just a reader's warning for those who haven't and plan to run it on the future. Smiley

"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects."
 - Attributed to Herman Melville.
Gabboge
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 11:48:24 AM »

Oh, I dont exactly know if we are in crown of shadow because I dont like to look too far into our game or I might spoil something for myself but DoomedHero is my GM so you can ask him.

Thanks for the advice.
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 12:51:52 PM »

Yeah, I took CoS as a baseline, but I added a ton of stuff to it to flesh out the journey and the regional cultural distinctions. I also added a lot of preamble stuff to set the tone. I'm sure you'll notice the differences as Gabboge's story unfolds.

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
Darth Alkar
Lightbearer

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 01:20:19 PM »

Only one page out yet? I look forward to see the other ones...  Grin
Great job, man.

"There couldn't be a society of people who didn't dream. They'd be dead in two weeks." - William S. Burroughs
Gabboge
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 02:21:44 PM »

Well, that page took me about 3 days of off and on work. Page every 3 or 4 days is about what I can do.
Prince_of_Destruction
Heepa-Heepa

The Durgis Juggernaut...at the start of the madnes

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 04:03:20 AM »

Thanks for bringing the dark struggle to life.

-I'm another one of DoomedHero's players.

Hrothgar! Murderating the forces of Iz-ra-dor! Hrothgar!!!
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 11:39:19 AM »

Dude! Page 2 is awesome! That scene was one of my favorites. Look at the elfling fly!
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 11:42:55 AM »

I just made this into a sticky! You might want to edit the title every time you update to reflect the date or the page Wink
Gabboge
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 10:05:03 PM »

here are page 3 and 4. alot of exposition but as i said before i think its neccisary for people who dont know about midnight to understand. If its any consolation I tryed to make it verry pretty exposition.

* comic page 3.jpg (522.98 KB, 1275x1650 - viewed 868 times.)

* comic page 4.jpg (610.11 KB, 1275x1650 - viewed 881 times.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 01:27:37 AM by Gabboge » Logged
arnon

Spell Energy / Taint +8/-4

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 01:21:04 AM »

This look very, very nice. Smiley
Deus_Miseratur
Heepa-Heepa

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-2

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 04:25:29 AM »

Wow, this is really top-quality stuff. It's really hard to create the illusion of movement, but in this cartoon it's done very nicely. I really like the gray background in most of them: it takes some of the detail or "clearness" away, but adds all the gloom that is Midnight, for a great 'doomed' feel.

Congratulations on a job well done, hope there is more coming in the future.

Luck in dice rolls varies inversely with role-playing ability.
Gabboge
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 04:41:41 PM »

Another page. This is the first story page, hope you like it. Sence my release schedual is so slow I try to make each page eather entertaining or at the leaste pretty. Next page is a splash page so that shouldent take too long.

*update* got the 6th page done.

* comic page 5.jpg (677.82 KB, 1275x1650 - viewed 841 times.)

* comic page 6.jpg (752.21 KB, 1275x1650 - viewed 818 times.)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 09:01:39 PM by Gabboge » Logged
Luiniel Blades

Spell Energy / Taint +4/-0

"Inch towards daylight"

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 07:18:06 PM »

This is one of the coolest things I've seen in quite some time.  I cant wait for the next strip to come out. Oh yeah, by the way I'm the elfling in this campaign.   Cool

Currently reading: Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series; The Hero of Ages.
Nifelhein
Administrator

Whisper's Will

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 09:53:43 AM »

Another page. This is the first story page, hope you like it. Sence my release schedual is so slow I try to make each page eather entertaining or at the leaste pretty. Next page is a splash page so that shouldent take too long.

*update* got the 6th page done.

You joking? You are doing it at a very fast and regular pace compared to what most of us could do, so don't worry, it is appreciated and welcome, keep them coming! Not to mention comic books we buy do take a few days to get each page done as well.
PhadeOut
Insurgent Spy

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-1

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 10:58:56 PM »

Dude, this totally rox...

Keep it up, we'll keep reading that's for sure.  Love the Orc, Goblin, Human side by side art... that's really good.

Phadeout

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."
"Yes, that is my name in the M2E playtest credits..."
Gabboge
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 11:39:20 PM »

new page.

* comic page 7.jpg (643.77 KB, 1275x1650 - viewed 771 times.)
crustbucket
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 08:39:55 PM »

are you kidding me?  i just emailed FFG themselves inquiring about making a comic based on Midnight.  i am planning on doing an actual printed book though and therefore would have to charge money to cover the cost of production and am not sure how FFG would feel about that.  i also screenprint for a living so i would like to make shirts, too (honestly, i've already made an Izrador one but only 1 for myself), but again am not sure how FFG would respond to that.  i'm pretty sure it would be in violation of copyright laws but it seems like support for this campaign is near its end so maybe it wouldn't matter.  i'm still waiting for a reply but i may not have sent the email to the right person anyway.  i guess i'll have to wait and see.

heres my DA if anyone wants to see a preview of my stuff.  it's not much and pretty old but i'm focusing on writing right now.
http://makecrustnotbombs.deviantart.com/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 08:47:58 PM by crustbucket » Logged
Gabboge
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2008, 09:42:33 PM »

Im not really looking to make any money. If people want to print my stuff then they can go ahead. This is more for the fun of it and to establish myself a bit. I plan to make other comicis but this one to do while I make a fanbase. I plan for my carear as a comic book artist to survive off of donations and less off of commissions.
crustbucket
Heepa-Heepa

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 01:07:47 PM »

i agree with you.  i'm not interested in making money or even a career in comics.  i do it because it's my way of being creative and sharing it with others.  my intention is not to make money but to not lose money.  the cost of production and printing will be coming out of my pocket and since i have a family to support, i honestly can't afford to lose money.  i plan on selling them at cost (probably about 1$ each)for the print version but having them for free download for the pdf or cbr.

i would also like let you know that seeing your comic encouraged me to get some work done on mine.  i've been undecided on whether to do a midnight comic or one in my own created world (which is not yet created) but my first choice is midnight so i did the layout for the entire first issue last night.

i look forward to seeing more of your comic soon.
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2008, 04:56:41 PM »

Good to see this making progress. Not only is it...well, really cool, it's fun to see our little adventure coming to life. Here's hoping we manage to survive to the end of it. =)

"You want me to what?! ... Gimme a minute."
Dorin's combat data | Dorin's character sheet
Gabboge
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 01:11:35 AM »

Here is a page of charecter/consept art. Its a charecture wich will come into the comic verry soon.

* shalano.jpg (494.18 KB, 1275x1650 - viewed 751 times.)
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 10:07:43 AM »

Yeheehee!
Gabboge
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 02:12:57 AM »

Sorry, I got a bit behind cuss I had to go on a verry long trip to get my car. At the same time though I had a bit of a breakthrough with my art. Im trying some new things and they are turning out well. Its a grittyer look but not too diffrent so I hope you like the next page which should be out soon.
Gabboge
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008, 11:40:40 PM »

New page here. Im trying some new things with my art a bit. I started doing alot more cross hatch shading. Hope you like.

* comic page 8.jpg (907.78 KB, 1275x1650 - viewed 792 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: Midnight Comic_ P.C.(24)
Jump to: