Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 25, 2020, 07:58:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Threads are marked read only when you open them, if you leave the site and come back later they will still be marked as new, so there is no need to read all threads at once.
Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Call for Warriors - Pit Fight  (Read 12377 times)
Sholano
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 03:57:49 PM »

Throw a private message at me with your idea, Gabboge.

Other than that, I think we'll give it to the end of the week to see if anyone else is interested - and if they're not, then the heck with a PbP, we'll just do this some random day of the week at DH's place and do a write-up for the site.

"You want me to what?! ... Gimme a minute."
Dorin's combat data | Dorin's character sheet
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 04:19:31 PM »

Well, Pheros can't exactly join us if we do it that way, and he wants to be one of the Chander Bros.

Let's keep this alive on the boards.

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 05:05:15 PM »

O-ho. Hadn't seen anything from Pheros since the other thread, that changes things. Alrighty then, here we shall remain. Which one of you is which brother?

Anyone else interested?
Doomed Hero

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 05:55:31 PM »

I'll let him have first pick. Really, it's sort of like picking which m&m you want. It's really all the same on the inside.
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 12:40:26 AM »

Yup yup, still interested.

I'd like to be...Edgar.  undead sounds fun...i get to make fun zombie-esque sounds too...

Joe

Dunkin stats
Doomed Hero

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 01:07:13 AM »

Great.

There's an issue that needs to be worked out first though.

After talking a bit with Sholano we realized that even with the Ring of Regeneration, Gredon isn't actually capable of providing his brother with enough meat to maintain his sanity.

I thought that the ring of Regen healed 1 HP per round (this ability is actually Fast Heal, and I had my terminology mixed up) Turns out it heals your character level per hour, which just isn't enough for the amount of meat needed to sustain a 150 lb Fell.

So...

I've got to do a slight rewrite.

I'm thinking of just making the ring a ring of Fast Heal, but that's technically an epic item.

I'm not sure how to reconcile this with my original idea.

Thoughts?
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 03:44:24 PM »

The only things that fit, rules wise, that I could find were these two -
First, an epic item.
Quote from: d20 SRD
Rapid Healing
This ring grants a living wearer fast healing 3. It must be worn for 24 hours before its powers activate, and if removed it will not function again until it has been worn for 24 hours by the same individual.

Caster Level: 20th; Prerequisites: Forge Ring, Forge Epic Ring, regenerate; Market Price: 300,000 gp.
Second, a minor artifact.
The Ring of Nine Facets. It has nine facets (duh), one of which is active each day, and one of the facets is fast healing 1.

Now, as far as this single fight's concerned, having a ring of fast healing 1 isn't going to unbalance things too much, so go ahead and have it; I'll just throw the other team some fluff. You may want to look into other options for any real campaigns they're involved in, but that's another matter.
Pheros

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 06:36:04 PM »

I'd assume it's just to supplement the things he kills in battle, correct?

And I agree with Sholano...for a pit fight, the backstory doesn't matter too much, though it will if they're played as PCs...other than that the GM can fiat it away.
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 06:58:58 PM »

No no, the backstory matters, it's the numbers involved that don't. Fast healing 1 is gigantic in a campaign or adventure - two minutes and no matter what, you're healed - but it's going to make an infinitesimal difference in any given fight.
Pheros

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 11:08:30 PM »

yes, the ring would be huge in a campaign, I just was agreeing that for a short fight it won't make much difference.
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2009, 11:04:07 AM »

Sssso. DH, Pheros, I know what you're running, there's a whole post about it. Altus, we had a discussion about you and Gabboge, but I don't think we ever finalized anything.
Two options - we can sit down the three of us in real life and chat about it, or you guys can PM me other ideas/stats.
Gabboge
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2009, 07:36:20 PM »

Yea, I like meeting in real life. I'm free all thursday. I got a new idea but I would like to play test it and maby hammer out better useage of my feats.

\"No Mr.Bond..... I expect you to die!\"  -Travis.
Aiden
Disembodied Spirits

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-0

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2009, 08:51:45 PM »

I love these things..

someday I'm going to get myself involved in one, maybe if I can ever get a creative idea with the right CR ohwell

I'm also interested to see how this next pit fight turns out?
are we going to see the brothers Chander vs. a hyped up Darraltus? because that would entertain me infinitely..
or are Altus and Gabboge cooking up some new things, if so I fear what may come out of Altus' brain..
Pages: 1 [2]
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: Call for Warriors - Pit Fight
Jump to: