Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 25, 2020, 08:35:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

If you want to know when a new thread is posted try subscribing to a forum.
Pages: [1] 2
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Call for Warriors - Pit Fight  (Read 12378 times)
Pheros

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2

« on: March 12, 2008, 07:21:09 AM »

I'm bored (relatively speaking...as in I have 15 mins to spare and think), and haven't seen a pit fight on the boards in a while.  So, here is a call for fighters.  I'll be impartial moderator (and try to apply the rules correctly this time, unlike my last attempt...sigh...), and maybe if I'm feeling creative will develop a locale and setting for the fights.

Have a Heroic path, PrC, or new creature you want to try out?  Now's the chance.  One-on-one fights is expected (special circumstances will apply if you have a very weak creature you want to try out a couple of), but if both fighters agree, I'm open to pretty much anything.

Post here if you're interested, if you're testing out something new, and what level/CR range you'd like to work at, and I'll match people up.

Joe

Dunkin stats
arnon

Spell Energy / Taint +8/-4

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 08:04:44 AM »

Ahhhh.... memories of Wizard vs. 3 Kitties flood my mind Smiley
Pheros

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:37:30 AM »

heh heh.....yeah, if I could hope to recreate something half as awesome as that, I would feel fulfilled...
Doomed Hero

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 09:40:37 AM »

I'd love to throw in anything from my Rogues Gallery. Particularly the Brothers Chander. Anyone want to make an ECL 14-16 for them to face off with?

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
Sholano
Bane of Legates

Spell Energy / Taint +3/-0

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 03:21:40 PM »

Hey, did this ever happen? Because if not, I'm sure I could find something or someone to work with on it.

"You want me to what?! ... Gimme a minute."
Dorin's combat data | Dorin's character sheet
Pheros

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 05:41:41 PM »

Thread resurrection!  heh heh (I actually had forgotten I posted this until I scrolled back up to the top post...oh well)

No, nothing ever materialized for this, but I suppose I could be coerced into holding good on my offer.  DH, you still game?

Joe
Doomed Hero

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 05:50:05 PM »

Absolutely!

I still would love to try out any of my Rogues Gallery creations. My Orc Blade-Sworn PrC could use some more testing, too.

Really, we just have to decide on a general CR.

Can someone link the Wizard vs. 3 kitties thread? I missed that one.
Pheros

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 06:35:56 PM »

hrmmm...apparently that doesn't exist anymore.  That happened on the old boards (and before I joined AtS, at that, so something like 4 years ago), and was a fight of a level one wizard (DnD, not MN) against three CR 0.5 (or 0.25?) kittens. 

If memory serves me right, the kittens won, but took heavy losses.

As for CR here, what do you two feel like doing?  High level or low?  As we get higher in level, equipping fairly might be a challenge, unless we want to do a bare-knuckle brawl...

Joe
Doomed Hero

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 06:59:14 PM »

Most of the stuff in the Rogues Gallery was made for KevPerrine's game, which was fairly high level. I could be easily convinced to make some lower level stuff if you folks have something specific you'd like to try out.
arnon

Spell Energy / Taint +8/-4

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 12:58:37 AM »

The Wiz vs. Kitties was won by my Kitties although one of them died... sad story.

It was on the old boards and sadly, I have not saved it to my computer. Sad
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 12:16:38 PM »

Most of the stuff in the Rogues Gallery was made for KevPerrine's game, which was fairly high level. I could be easily convinced to make some lower level stuff if you folks have something specific you'd like to try out.
I didn't have anything in particular in mind. Of course, there's ideas floating around my brain, but if you wanted to run some stuff in particular, I can match it with whatever you'd like.
Bear in mind, it's probably not a good idea to throw anything at me that you're going to be using in the normal game anytime soon - particularly since, the way my brain works, I'll be brainstorming with our other players.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 02:01:02 PM »

Good point.

I've decided what I'm going to use, but I'm not going to tell you until you announce yours. I know how your mind works, you crafty little bugger. If I give you a hint of what you're up against, it'll be over before you're done planning. Wink

I'll tell you my pick is a CR 14. Let me know when you're ready.

Pheros

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 02:31:59 PM »

Hey DH...can you PM me some basic info on what you have chosen?  I'll start thinking of setting and the like...

Joe
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 04:54:56 PM »

CR 14. Good enough, I'll get back to you after I've had some time with me books. Standard Midnight restrictions, or are we pulling from Complete Warrior and whatnot?
Pheros

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »

Complete Warrior is fine, though I've never used it before, so please be very explicit in what things from there do when you use them. 

And Sholano, feel free to PM me your idea when you have it formulated.  I don't see why this can't be one big surprise matchup...heh heh.

Once I have both of your ideas, I'll get to work on crafting some fairly neutral setting, possibly even a little backstory and motivation...
Pheros

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 02:51:09 PM »

Ok, it seems like you both want to use things particular to DH's campaign setting/style/house rules, which I'm completely fine with.  In that case, I'll just do rolls, and set a backdrop through descriptive prose, or some such.  I'll trust you two to police each other on correct applications of bonuses, instead of trying to catch me up on all the changes/additions.

Sholano, just get me a stated sheet when you get a chance. 

If you both could PM me descriptions of your characters, too, so that I can use them to slowly reveal their presence to the other.

This should be fun,
Joe
Doomed Hero

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 03:58:45 PM »

Actually, my pick isn't particular to my campaign at all, but now I'm curious about what Sholano's cooking up...

Pheros

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 04:56:10 PM »

well, yes, but yours does have some things not standard in the MN source books that I've never seen before (maybe Sholano hasn't either though...heh heh)
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 04:01:14 AM »

well, yes, but yours does have some things not standard in the MN source books that I've never seen before (maybe Sholano hasn't either though...heh heh)
Oooof course it does. Hell.
I'll get you that stat sheet sometime this weekend, Pheros, it's real late and I have a busy day tomorrow.
Pheros

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 12:18:16 PM »

heh heh....sounds good Sholano.

I'm starting to come up with some backstory for the fight that may make actual motivational sense...
Pheros

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 06:36:45 PM »

Okie doke.  Sholano got me most of the stuff I'll need, with more to come later.  Once that gets in, I'll start up a new thread with some scenery descriptors, and we'll be off, hopefully this weekend.
Pheros

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 08:35:12 PM »

well, I was bored at work, so put up the intro post.  Brood on it a while if you'd like.

Storm in the Sewers
Sholano
Bane of Legates

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 11:09:38 AM »

Okay, boys, here we go again. Pheros, DH and I just finished up the previous Pit Fight, and we're gearing up for a new one. This time, though, new twists - I'll be moderating this one, and more importantly, we're looking for more combatants. Depending on interest, I'll take about 5 people, although I will try to keep the sides even - even if that just means a free-for-all. So far, we have 3 interested players - Pheros, Altus, and Doomed Hero. Two slots still open, for anyone interested.

So! Have a 12th level idea you want to put through the gauntlet? Throw up a proverbial hand and let me know. Please, don't post your actual idea here, we need to save some surprises for your fellow combatants. We'll resolve that via PMs.

Oh, and DH, I know there was talk of that horrible team you wanted to hit things with. Totally an option, we'll balance out the teams so it works.
Doomed Hero

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 05:51:59 PM »

http://www.againsttheshadow.net/index.php?topic=1138.0

The Brothers Chander. They are in this thread, and I warn you, they are possibly the most unfair thing I've ever come up with.
Gabboge
Insurgent Commander

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 04:58:34 PM »

I have an idea, so I'll throw my hat in.

\"No Mr.Bond..... I expect you to die!\"  -Travis.
Pages: [1] 2
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight)  |  Topic: Call for Warriors - Pit Fight
Jump to: