Home forum Help Search Login Register

Site Sections

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 17, 2021, 09:23:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Site Tips

Did you know that to post outside of the Meta forum you must log in
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Crown of Shadows Pt.II [IC] Part 1  (Read 376970 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Harrowed
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-1
Posts: 1,856



« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2008, 12:05:44 AM »

Teliir

The jungles hold fearsome, malevolent spirits.  I fear them not, but I worry our small group would have difficulty protecting a large group of others.  How well known to the Danasil are these ruins?  Do we have any reliable information about their location or the spirits living within?

Councilor Lina

I inquired with his patron, she looks over with a raised eyebrow at Shelg, about the ruins in the Arunath mountains. He said, and I quote, 'We, the Danasil, were born among the Fey to fight the demons of the Sundering. We fight the Shadow's minions in the dark places in which they call home. We do not go into the mountains. We are not that stupid.' A flair for words, your patron.
Logged

I like the cut of your jib. How do I subscribe to your newsletter?
-RPG.net
Doomed Hero
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2008, 01:47:29 AM »

Councilor Lina
'We, the Danasil, were born among the Fey to fight the demons of the Sundering. We fight the Shadow's minions in the dark places in which they call home. We do not go into the mountains. We are not that stupid.

Verador gestures toward Tellir,

Sounds much like my former teacher

then speaks to Councilor Lina.

Councilor Lina
Permission to travel through their lands to the mountains was difficult enough with adding to their burdens.

I am welcome in their lands, as are those with me. Should you tell those you are in contact with that a Scion of Erun'Danil will be traveling with the miners, they may be less guarded in your negotiations. I will send messages to those that may be willing to help us.
Logged

Jack Chick, Abdul Alhazred, and Aleister Crowley walk into a bar...
Pheros
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,502



WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2008, 03:12:40 AM »

Teliir

Teliir looks for a moment at Councilor Lina, weighing her words.

"It appears I will need more silver..." she says with a resigned air, but a faint smile on her lips.
Logged

1.6180339887...
Dunkin stats
arnon
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +8/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,600



« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2008, 04:31:42 AM »

Shelg

I inquired with his patron, she looks over with a raised eyebrow at Shelg, about the ruins in the Arunath mountains. He said, and I quote, 'We, the Danasil, were born among the Fey to fight the demons of the Sundering. We fight the Shadow's minions in the dark places in which they call home. We do not go into the mountains. We are not that stupid.' A flair for words, your patron.

"A flair for honest truth," Shelg responds, unconsciously raising an eyebrow as well. "How far will the boats take us? How many people are there in the... are coming with us?" Shelg curses in his mind, hating not having a complete mastery of the tongue. "I too agree that it will be better to leave the people somehwere safe," directing his question to Verador more than the councilor, "What of the Druid Hamlet? Maybe we can leave the people there?"
Logged
Doomed Hero
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2008, 05:17:38 AM »

"What of the Druid Hamlet? Maybe we can leave the people there?"

The Keep of the Cataracts? It is still nearly a month's journey from our destination. More with equipment and numbers. It would be a good staging point, however. Word could be sent with directions to to smaller villages closer to our goal. The miners could move from the Keep to the villages in relative safety, and once we were ready we could have them escorted to a central meeting sight and take them into the mountains. Our main obstacles would be convincing the Druids to cooperate, and securing the mining base itself.
Logged
Kane
Administrator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +12/-3
Posts: 715


« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2008, 08:30:10 AM »

Avren listens as the fey debate the best means to move the miners, his people to a mountain range far to the south.  He has not heard of the range but knows the dark legends of the jungle.  He can offer nothing to the planning efforts knowing neither the people or the terrain.  Still wondering why the Witch Queen believed he would be valuable to this mission, Avren offered what little help he can; "I can talk to the miners and work with them to plan for the journey south.  There may be a few who still know how to wield a blade and would come with us to ensure we have found this metal.  I agree that most should remain in safety until we ensure this is not a fool's errand."
Logged
samwise7
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-1
Gender: Male
Posts: 229


Just when you thought it was safe to smile...


WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2008, 09:06:08 AM »

Murwick smiles as he thinks that the spokes-elf was trying to tell him he has some wisdom.   Smiley

"Thank you."

"It seems to me finding this merchant first is our top priority.  But I don't know where this Druid's Swamp lies in relation to here, or to our final destination."

Murwick says the last two words lower than the rest of them, implying a sense of possible doom to them. 


"Is this swamp on the way, or must we travel there via a different route and come back to use the boat?"
 

"In regards to the miners.  It might not be a bad idea to have more people come with us, to help keep the mission viable.  It is said that there is strength in numbers.  And also, traveling back to get these miners will be risky in and of itself.  Would it not be more swift to take them with us, try to keep them safe, and keep ourselves alive, to take the group with us the first time we go to this location?  I understand the concern for loss of life, but I fear blood will mark our trail to these mountains no matter what we do.  Also the faster we get this wondrous metal into the hands of skilled armorsmiths and weaponsmiths, the better it will be for the war, which we are ever loosing to the Shadow's fist.  What is a small loss of life, compared to the hundreds or thousands that die in the time it takes us to be cautious?  I say we take them all, and err on the side of speed because of the war.  But I will defer to the opinions of the rest of you, for mine does not matter much in the great scheme of things." 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:08:37 AM by samwise7 » Logged

"Everything important in RPGs happens the moment you stop holding onto the rulebook with both hands." -Jeff Rients
http://samwise7.yolasite.com  (Art, Blog, RPG Settings, YouTube, etc.)
Kane
Administrator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +12/-3
Posts: 715


« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2008, 09:23:09 AM »

Avren looks toward Murwick and slowly shakes his head.  "Large numbers will draw more attention, like a herd draws predators.  If every volunteer knew how to defend himself it could make a difference.  These miners are refugees, not an army."  Looking at the painfully few warriors in the room, "We would be spread too thin trying to defend them.  Small numbers are better until we determine the dangers in the ruins to the south.  It is of no use to the Witch Queen if we get to the mines with no miners left alive."
Logged
Harrowed
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-1
Posts: 1,856



« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2008, 09:28:01 AM »

I am welcome in their lands, as are those with me. Should you tell those you are in contact with that a Scion of Erun'Danil will be traveling with the miners, they may be less guarded in your negotiations. I will send messages to those that may be willing to help us.

Councilor Lina

That way help, you may also be able to negotiate assistance from the Danasil on a personal level. The request, my request, did come from the Capital and the Council. Among the Danasil, right now, there would be a certain honor in turning it down. Politics, something I think that was invented by the Shadow.


Logged
Harrowed
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-1
Posts: 1,856



« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2008, 09:48:36 AM »

Shelg

"A flair for honest truth," Shelg responds, unconsciously raising an eyebrow as well. "How far will the boats take us? How many people are there in the... are coming with us?" Shelg curses in his mind, hating not having a complete mastery of the tongue. "I too agree that it will be better to leave the people somehwere safe," directing his question to Verador more than the councilor, "What of the Druid Hamlet? Maybe we can leave the people there?"

Councilor Lina

Now we come to the details. The volunteers are still coming in, the date to leave is the day after tomorrow. If we are short labourers that we shall just have to make do. The key people have already arrived. We are hoping that you'll have at least twenty-five to thirty-five labourers.

She gestures to the table and begins to mark positions with food and serving equipment on the table.

Caradul is here. A bright red apple
The Southern Felthera River is here. A line of suger carefully poured on the table top.
Leading to the Felthera River. A continuation of her pouring, with her other hand she reaches for objects to place along the river's path as she speaks.
Past the Keep of the Cataracts Another apple, smaller.
Turning onto the Iathril River, Danasil territory. The majority of their lands are to the east of the river. The Druid's Swamp.
Then, taking the eastern fork as far as you can around the Arunath Mountain. She places a low, small sandwich and draws a line of sugar around it.
To the mines. She drops a single walnut on the table, it clatters for a moment and then stops. It's momentium killed by the line of sugar.
Logged
samwise7
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-1
Gender: Male
Posts: 229


Just when you thought it was safe to smile...


WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2008, 11:19:10 AM »

Murwick smiles.

"Your map looks tasty.  It's good that the one we seek to question about the mines is on the way."
Logged
Doomed Hero
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2008, 02:14:55 PM »

We should be able to move this entire operation by boat up to the point where the Felthera joins with the Iathril. There is a large settlement there. A mixture of Danisil and Caransil. Supplies are traded there. They are used to large groups of travelers. We may be able to bring the equipment and an advance mining team there to prepare to set up the camp in the mountains. If we time things right, the remainder of the miners could come from the keep while the advance group is setting up the camp allowing production to begin as soon as the rest arrive, and not having to waste food while the other miners wait for facilities to be created.

Verador picks up a small number of grapes from the table and begins placing them along the poured line of sugar and the area surrounding it.

These are the larger villages. We will need to ask thier cooperation and permision to move throught their lands. That will be my task. Much of it I can acomplish through written corespondance, but some may require direct communication. I am no negotiator.

Verador looks at Murwick

I have never met a Gnome who was not. How quickly can you pick up the customs of the Danisil, were I to teach them to you?
Logged
samwise7
Insurgent Spy
**

Spell Energy / Taint +0/-1
Gender: Male
Posts: 229


Just when you thought it was safe to smile...


WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2008, 04:18:55 PM »

Murwick

"I could not say how long it would take for me to pick up on the customs, but I am devoted student when people take the time out to teach me things.  I would be pleased to learn of them."
Logged
Doomed Hero
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2008, 09:06:22 PM »

Verador

Verador nods to Murwick.

Then you shall. We will have need of a smooth tongue.

He then turns to the Councilor.

Have you been in communication with Hrothgar, son of Woden? He would be a profound asset to this endeavor.
Logged
Harrowed
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-1
Posts: 1,856



« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2008, 07:58:50 PM »

Verador

Have you been in communication with Hrothgar, son of Woden? He would be a profound asset to this endeavor.

Councilor Lina

She nods at Verador, We've been trying to reach him. The Quartermasters say he pulled supplies and headed to Silverthorn. I can only hope that he turns back when he hears of it's fall.

Outside the door is my servant, Giordois. He is at your disposal, and can act in my name. He will provide you with the particulars and handle any requests that you may have. Do you have any more questions of me before I take my leave?
Logged
Kane
Administrator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +12/-3
Posts: 715


« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2008, 08:11:05 PM »

These fey talk about people and places that I know nothing of.  Questions, I have hundreds, but most would make me seem the fool.  Best to hold my tongue until we are on our way and I meet these volunteers.  At least some on this expedition listened and agreed with my concerns.

Avren looks from the councilor to the fey seated around the table. Catching Verador's eye, Avren shakes his head signaling no, hoping the fey will understand that he will not oppose his plans.
Logged
samwiseseven
Heepa-Heepa


Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Gender: Male
Posts: 28


WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2008, 08:24:02 PM »

Murwick shakes his head when asked if he has any more questions.  He gets the feeling he has spoken too much, so says nothing more.
Logged
Pheros
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,502



WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2008, 11:22:07 PM »

Teliir

Teliir looks for a long moment at Councilor Lina, and then shakes her head, her hand still resting on the wolf between her and Verador.

To him, she says, "I would learn of the Danisil's ways too, if only so as not to make a fool of myself.  And of the dangers we will encounter in the jungles."
Logged
Doomed Hero
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2008, 02:21:34 AM »

Verador

When would you have us leave, Councilor? Has transportation already been arranged, or are we to speak to the boatmen ourselves?

To Tellir, he nods.

I would teach you even were it not demanded by my duty to our people.

He then produces ink and parchment and begins writing while waiting for Lina's response.
Logged
samwiseseven
Heepa-Heepa


Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Gender: Male
Posts: 28


WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2008, 05:48:47 PM »

Murwick

"I'm curious, and looking forward to meeting the miners."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 07:13:46 AM by samwiseseven » Logged
Harrowed
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-1
Posts: 1,856



« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2008, 07:00:29 AM »

Verador

When would you have us leave, Councilor? Has transportation already been arranged, or are we to speak to the boatmen ourselves?
He then produces ink and parchment and begins writing while waiting for Lina's response.

Councilor Lina

Transportation is being arranged, the crafts should be at the docks by tomorrow. Supplies are being gathered at the docks by the Trunk. But my servant will assist you.

She smiles, May your quest be fruitful.

She turns and departs as a second person enters. He is Carahein, and carries the fey features with a regal bearing that stands out as prominent even among the other fey. Fine, metallic shimmering robes cover his form from toes to the raised collar that appears to block most of his side-to-side vision. He brushes aside a lock of blonde hair as he looks over the group assembled in front of him. The look on his face is difficult to read.

I am Giordois, and I am at your disposal. What would you like to inspect first?
Logged
samwiseseven
Heepa-Heepa


Spell Energy / Taint +1/-0
Gender: Male
Posts: 28


WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2008, 08:11:05 PM »

Murwick

"Inspect?  I don't know what you want us to inspect?"

Murwick looks a little confused.
Logged
Pheros
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-2
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,502



WWW
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2008, 08:43:20 PM »

Teliir

"I would like to see this ship that will bear us down-river" Teliir says to Giordois.
Logged
Doomed Hero
Avatar of the Witch Queen
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +11/-4
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,907



« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2008, 08:56:07 PM »

Verador

Verador rolls his parchment and puts it into a small tube which he pockets. He quickly makes a second list which he hands to Giordois.

This is a list of the herbs and plants in this area which will be of use holding back the illnesses and infections common to our destination. We will need as much as possible if we are to keep the humans healthy, and now is not the season for finding enough of such things when we arrive.

His mask is that of a politician. I trust him not.

Verador turns his steely gaze on Avren.

Avren, can you represent your people as we inspect and discuss our equipment and plans?
Logged
Harrowed
Moderator
*****

Spell Energy / Taint +6/-1
Posts: 1,856



« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2008, 05:23:07 AM »

"Inspect?  I don't know what you want us to inspect?"

Giordois

He stares at Murwick for a breif moment, The preperations. Supplies, transportation, gathered labours, those sort of things.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41
Send this topic Print
Against the Shadow  |  Forum  |  Midnight & RPGs  |  Games and Stories  |  Crown of Shadows (Moderators: Kane, Bleak Knight, Harrowed)  |  Topic: Crown of Shadows Pt.II [IC] Part 1
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
AtS Dark Mercury design by Nifelhein, based on the Mercury theme by Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.171 seconds with 30 queries.
TinyPortal © 2005-2011